It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd - Asphyxia due to compression of neck and chest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: trollz
Well, I sure wouldn't be quick to believe the results from the family since they paid for it, so how do you know those results are not biased?

WTF does it matter?..to any rational human being that saw what happened.

God damn SMDH

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I didn’t understand why the autopsy matter really

It seems self evident that criminal excessive force was used

And that force directly or indirectly caused death

Again I use this example

If a cop shoots me five times in the back, but I had a pre existing heart condition and the pain and shock causes me to die from a heart attack

That cop murdered me despite the gun wounds not being cause of death

Same here

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well, between better understanding the original report and hearing this one it's time for me to fess up and admit that I was wrong. The cop killed him.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I didn’t understand why the autopsy matter really

It seems self evident that criminal excessive force was used

And that force directly or indirectly caused death

Again I use this example

If a cop shoots me five times in the back, but I had a pre existing heart condition and the pain and shock causes me to die from a heart attack

That cop murdered me despite the gun wounds not being cause of death

Same here

That is a bit of a stretch.... more like someone is out of shape and gets into a tussle with cop and has heart attack. The wrestling with cop causes too much stress and the person dies. Is the cop responsible for that person's death?

The only autopsy report that should have any credence is one done by a disinterested third party. The report done by the family's doctor isn't worth the paper it is written on... The medical examiner for the city could be influenced, but I put more stock in that one. City medical examiner doesn't necessarily need to play ball politically to protect cops.
edit on 1-6-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is an unrelated video but it’s still very much relevant to the situation.
A black man, minding his business in Minnesota, two white cops racial profile him, place him in cuffs without Asking his name.
The black man tells them they are the stupidest cops around and tells them to check his wallet.
An awkward pause and the cuffs immediately come off.
Turns out, the man was an off duty FBI agent.... oops!

He tells the group of them where to go.

I like that he let the situation ride a bit without saying, hey I’m your superior, and let the cops find out for themselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What difference does it make ether way. It obvious the knee to the neck was the root cause of the medical distress, and resulting in wrongful death. And murder.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me why George Floyd was not given cpr when the paramedics arrived. They didn’t even check him out. Just loaded him up and taken away. Aren’t paramedics supposed to check pulse and breathing and all that?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That is a bit of a stretch.... more like someone is out of shape and gets into a tussle with cop and has heart attack. The wrestling with cop causes too much stress and the person dies. Is the cop responsible for that person's death?

Was the cop justified in using that level of force against the suspect? If no, then yes, he's responsible. What if the officer continues to "tussle" with a limp body for a few minutes after he's unconscious? You know, "just to be sure" the guy is properly put in his place and not faking... Let's say the cop used pepper spray to stop a resisting suspect. Is that justified? Maybe. If the suspect dies of an allergic reaction, the cop isn't liable when his action was justified. Presumably, there is an attempt to render aid.
Now what about when the suspect is or is not allergic, in cuffs with three other officers present, he sprays him again? And then again. The suspect is on the ground crying that he can't breathe pleading for help, and despite the fact his safety is the responsibility of those officers because he is in their "custody", the officer sprays him again repeatedly. Then the man falls unconscious and the officer sprays him a few more times before putting away his pepper spray. Is he liable now?

If you think the answer is "no", what the # is wrong with you? When harm comes to someone because you committed a crime, you are liable.

And any legally interested party, including the defense aka the officer(s), is going to be able to a) have an autopsy performed by his own expert, and/or b) have access to every aspect of the already performed autopsies, including audio, visual recordings of the body, process, etc A judge (probably ask for a bench trial) or a jury will have the occasion to listen to the defense's own experts, who will be allowed to try to undermine or even impeach whatever expert testimony and evidence are provided by the prosecution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join