It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd - Asphyxia due to compression of neck and chest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, the independent autopsy results are in, and it's not looking good for Chauvin.

The results are being Live streamed right now across various media outlets.

Mechanica Asphyxia.

Autopsy

Sorry for the short post, but it's live, and I got no more to add at this time.
edit on 1-6-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

If so, not only should the Cop get the death penalty, but the Coroner working for the state should also go to jail for trying to cover it up.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

That's going to be the next big thing I'm guessing - the MPD Medical Examinor's past autopsy results are going to be called into question.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just a suggestion, but you may want to edit your thread title to include George Floyd's name, just in case someone might overlook it - for example, "Autopsy confirms George Floyd died of asphyxia due to compression of neck"

“Sustained pressure on the right side of Mr. Floyd's carotid artery impeded blood flow to the brain, and weight on his back impeded his ability to breathe,” an attorney for Floyd’s family said in a statement on Monday, after the autopsy report was released.

Other source

Well, Chauvin is ****ed.
And so is the state coroner who tried to cover up Floyd's murder by attributing his death to "underlying health conditions and potential intoxicants".
edit on 6/1/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Done and thank you.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

If so, not only should the Cop get the death penalty, but the Coroner working for the state should also go to jail for trying to cover it up.

He will not be getting the death penalty.
That is usually only given to someone that planned out a murder.
This guy will try to plead out to a manslaughter charge but I would hope the prosecution rejects that one.

Murder three. 25 to life. Possible parole in 15
edit on 1-6-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Thing is, which report do we believe? How do we know the autopsy by the family/lawyer is right? How do we know the one by the State is right? Or do we just find the Officer guilty to satisfy the angry mob?If we're going to find him guilty I want it for the right reason.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Isn't this akin to a lawyer buying an expert witness that is sympathetic to their side? I'm sure there are lots of examiners willing to say anything to hurt orange man's side, and they just had to pick the most convincing.

I'd have been shocked if the independent autopsy paid for by the family backed up the official report... wouldn't most people be?

I guess the left has "justification" now though, for those that have been fighting, rioting, stealing, burning property, calling for the death of white people, burning of white neighbourhoods, etc

/sarc

This is effing madness and people should be ashamed of themselves.. and they aren't.

edit on 1-6-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

I say find an out of state ME, with no association to either cause and for lack of better words, let him be the tie breaker.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

That would be the thing to do. Find a completely unbiased ME that both parties agree to I'd pick someone from the opposite end of the country and have those results decide.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
Thing is, which report do we believe? How do we know the autopsy by the family/lawyer is right? How do we know the one by the State is right? Or do we just find the Officer guilty to satisfy the angry mob?If we're going to find him guilty I want it for the right reason.

Which do you believe? A report saying he coincidentally died of unspecified "underlying health conditions" and "potential intoxicants" while being arrested, or that he died from lack of blood flow to the brain and asphyxia while Chauvin crushed his neck with his knee for several minutes?
One of those makes far more sense than the other.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The twoindependent Doctors, who conducted this final exam said there was nothing to indicate heart disease was present.
It will be very, very interesting to see how this develops.
Especially if a third exam confirms there never was any heart disease.
But, who knows.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, I sure wouldn't be quick to believe the results from the family since they paid for it, so how do you know those results are not biased?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

The independent two Doctors who conducted this final exam said there was nothing to indicate heart disease was present.
It will be very, very interesting to see how this develops.
Especially if a third exam confirms there never was any heart disease.
But, who knows.

Ummm...the original report stated that Mr. Floyd had coronary disease...which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the heart...it could mean that there was evidence of arterial obstruction from plaque...and those arteries could very well be the carotid arteries in the neck...

Irregardless...if he died from reduced flow of oxygenated blood to the brain...then it was due to the pressure on his carotid arteries...eight minutes and 46 seconds of pressure...where it takes 30 seconds or less to induce unconsciousness...and brain death in six minutes or under...followed by death of the host...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Doesn't matter what we believe, only what the jury believes.

Dude is going to prison, and deservedly so.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
An interesting question now is whether those who said this ME’s exam of Epstein was bogus accept this one or not. What a quandary for them.

Expected this to be the finding, though. Show the prosecutor an expert witness for the defense and they’ll find an expert witness who will say the exact opposite about the same data.
edit on 1-6-2020 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

He's guilty either way. He used unjustified excessive force and it resulted in a death. Even the first autopsy names the officer's action as contributing. If you assault some one and they die of a weak heart, you are still responsible for the death.
He was in police custody. His safety was the responsibility of the officers, just like any other "custodian" like a parent.

Custody: the protective care or guardianship of someone or something.

From the Latin, custos -- to guard, watch, keep, protect

He utterly failed to do that while he committed a crime by using excessive force, and now a man is dead. End of story. Only difference the autopsy may make is which elements of crime a prosecutor feels he can prove with it. IE Murder 1,2, or 3, negligent homicide, etc

Stop making excuses for the government agents who had zero respect for the law or the people they swore to protect.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I'm not sticking up for either doctors report until we got all the facts.
In the live feed, they did a Qand A.
The older doctor said he wished he had coronaries like Floyd.
He actually said that to the crowd.

Here's another excerpt from just before the coronary comment.
“The autopsy shows that Mr. Floyd had no underlying medical problem that caused or contributed to his death,” said one of the private examiners, Dr. Michael Baden, who was the chief medical examiner for the City of New York in the late 1970s.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would not be surprised at all if the coroner was trying to cover something up or word the autopsy in such a way that might result in a lower sentence for the killer. My question though is was this new autopsy done taking into account the video evidence? How did the autopsy show how much weight/pressure was being applied to his back. Were his ribs or organs damaged by that? I am just a bit skeptical of that aspect. Doesn't mean I doubt the findings. Just that it may be possible the first coroner just did an unbiased examination and happened to come to a different conclusion that might also be "correct" (autopsies I'm sure involve at least some degree of opinion/guesswork) without it being a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: twigbaby

That will most likely be an argument in court.
How can you tell how much pressure is being placed on Floyd’s Neck and Back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join