It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BET founder calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think there is some irony in a black guy who owns a major tv network is telling us that to make black folk happy, white people should be cool with just giving out money for reparations because they haven't the ability to get rich on their own.

How the hell did he get his money?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

14 trillion? In reparations? What is he, retarded???

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

14 Trillion ....

Divided by...

Roughly 50 million African Americans in the US =

$280,000 a pop. That's a mighty fine chunk of guacamole.

edit on 1-6-2020 by MarkOfTheV because: bolded for emphasis because holy bejesus thats a big stimulus check.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am pretty sure all the money would go straight back into the economy.. something like this.

edit on 1-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Do only blacks get the money? Do only whites have to pay?

What about all the chinese slaves? The irish ones?

Do people with black slaveholding relatives gotta pay as well?

Can the british have reparations for property damage during that whole tea party fiasco?

What if like most white families your ancestors never owned slaves?

This is literally just a proposition for racially motivated wealth seisure. Worked out well for Hitler in 1935 i suppose. Didn’t work out great for Mugabe though.

Ben Affleck, the big time liberal would have to pay, his family owned slaves. What the tards like the BET dude don't get is that 95% of the people in the South never owned a slave so why should we, as ancestors, have to pay? Furthermore, why is he trying to get a freebie off the backs of his ancestors, if they were even slaves here. He doesn't care about slavery, it's just something he can pretend to be angry about.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

14 Trillion ....

Divided by...

If its done like they did for Indians it will be put in trust.. and in special programs.. and they wont see squat.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

14 Trillion ....

Divided by...

It'll never happen, but if it did, can you imagine the tax fraud cases the following year?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Probably went over their heads

(stolen that much)

YouSir

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

LMAO!

Too funny.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think a racial/civil war would occur first. and might finally settle the problem once and for all, one way or the other. May the Best Team win.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Let’s run this though experiment

Let’s say we have this 14 trillion dollars

Everyone even this man must know that will not make the black community a utopia

So does anyone truly think when a problem rises up in the black community after reparations that this man and other “black community leaders” will say

“Hey this is on us. The country paid us everything they owed, so it’s not to blame”

Of course not

They will say the money wasn’t enough, slavery and Jim Crow are still crushing the black community and causing all the problems, etc

No amount of money would ever be enough

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I think a racial/civil war would occur first. and might finally settle the problem once and for all, one way or the other. May the Best Team win.

My money is on the white devils...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I prefer his blues standards to his economic advice

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sad truth is we could give them all the money in the world but it’s going to keep finding it’s way back to the elite. Making and keeping money is a skill you have to learn. We all know this.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: Fools

Ummm...well...as long as were just printing trillions...then I would like about six trillion...you know...for the little things in life...

YouSir

The government does exist to grant your wishes. I think we all know that.

An aside. According to 23 and me I am I think 4% African. I wonder that even though I look lily white if I myself am also good to go with some sort of payment if it ever happens.

Ummm...I know...right...this isn't white skin...it's just...ashy...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

i use to piss some people off at work when this subject would come up.

i would tell them that my ancestors were treated just as bad as theirs and often poorer than theirs. and that mine didn't get here until after slavery had ended.

on top of that, they needed to think about where they would be if their ancestors hadn't have been brought here. chances are they wouldn't be alive today due to all the wars between the tribes, died as a child with a swoll up belly from malnutrition, arms hands, legs and feet chopped off because of tribal land wars, killed during the european colonization of africa that lasted from the late 19th to early 20th century which was as bad if not worse than the slavery era that was led by the same european nations.

no my tax dollars don't need to go to black U.S. citizens, for something my family had nothing to do with.

edit on 1-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Reparations? I thought that's what all the looted 4k flatscreens were for?

Don't forget the Jordans that were stolen as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yeah, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see us sit back and go ohhhh ho hum, I guess they can have that too...and then stand there bent over for whoever else wants to no vaseline us next.

Oh John, cant you do something about this!? They're burning down our home and business!
Awww Mary! You know I have to work tomorrow and then come home and mow the lawn!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Nobody owes you a DAMN thing.

1. You're not a victim of slavery.

2. I'm not a slave owner.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

a reply to: Fools

Ummm...well...as long as were just printing trillions...then I would like about six trillion...you know...for the little things in life...

YouSir

The government does exist to grant your wishes. I think we all know that.

An aside. According to 23 and me I am I think 4% African. I wonder that even though I look lily white if I myself am also good to go with some sort of payment if it ever happens.

Ummm...I know...right...this isn't white skin...it's just...ashy...

YouSir

Youre the local legend Ashy Larry, arent you?

Never met a celebrity before ** gushes fangirlishly**

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join