It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BET founder calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This article should read:

"Black Billionaire Demands Reparations".

How about pay it your damn self, Robert!

This guy is a complete idiot. Why do we let people like this breathe?

Source

“Now is the time to go big” to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies, Robert Johnson said in a CNBC interview Monday.

Johnson said reparations would send the signal that white Americans acknowledge “damages that are owed” for the unequal playing field created by slavery and the decades since.

The wealth divide and police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week’s killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

Wonder if he's a democrat. No problem. We can just print 14 Trillion at no one's expense.

I swear, if reparations are paid in any way or fashion, there will be other groups rioting and it'll get a hundred times worse, that I would be willing to bet on.

Are people seriously trying to break this country? I guess 2020 is the year. No one gives a damn. This year will make history, of that I'm sure.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Reparations? I thought that's what all the looted 4k flatscreens were for?

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I swear, if reparations are paid in any way or fashion, there will be other groups rioting and it'll get a hundred times worse, that I would be willing to bet on.

We've been paying reparations for decades in the form of welfare, ridiculously disproportionally higher tax dollar spending on schools, services, and infrastructure in inner cities, mandatory hiring and training quotas, etc.

We've not received much return on that massive investment so far, perhaps it's those of us among the 50% of American earners actually *paying* taxes instead of getting more from the IRS each year than we send them that should be rioting in the streets and demanding we start seeing some meaningful changes for once. It's well past time that those who We The People support and keep from dying in the gutter STFU and start giving us reasons to continue subsidizing their lives... and I'm talking about people of all race, creed, and religion here. Laziness, whining, sloth, and thug life knows no racial boundaries.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Me first..

I sure hope this human holds its breath until it happens. I really really really hope...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

14 Trillion?

I don't think he passed basic math.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have never enslaved anyone so why do I have to pay?

“Damages are owed”

I guess you better get a shovel and start digging up all those who did you wrong and have that conversation with them.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You know, I gotta say, since we can just spend 3 trillion here and 2 trillion there, what is an extra whatever trillion for anything that anyones heart desires?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
He went big all right.
Is it possible to make much more of an ass of yourself?
Oh the poor over privileged wealthy!
He's wants yet another bailout?
Did I get that right?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ummm...so...when he called...did anyone answer...?

No thank you...we will not be giving any money to anyone...just because centuries ago...somebody did something...

Besides...I think they've probably stolen that amount by now...

YouSir
edit on 1-6-2020 by YouSir because: he...she...it's all the same...right...?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Do only blacks get the money? Do only whites have to pay?

What about all the chinese slaves? The irish ones?

Do people with black slaveholding relatives gotta pay as well?

Can the british have reparations for property damage during that whole tea party fiasco?

What if like most white families your ancestors never owned slaves?

This is literally just a proposition for racially motivated wealth seisure. Worked out well for Hitler in 1935 i suppose. Didn’t work out great for Mugabe though.
edit on 162020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Ummm...well...as long as were just printing trillions...then I would like about six trillion...you know...for the little things in life...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I say give it to them and see where it takes 'em... it will just be trickled back into the consumer economy and when it's all pissed away in 10 years... we will all be on a level playing field with a lot more available products on the market.

Happily ever after.

Gucci had an absolute field day with Hurricane Katrina relief.

Never forget.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: Fools

Ummm...well...as long as were just printing trillions...then I would like about six trillion...you know...for the little things in life...

YouSir

The government does exist to grant your wishes. I think we all know that.

An aside. According to 23 and me I am I think 4% African. I wonder that even though I look lily white if I myself am also good to go with some sort of payment if it ever happens.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You know all my years in school there was no air conditioning. A few years after I graduated high school '84 all inner city schools were having air-conditioning put in. And still, inner city schools ain't good enough. No white people there.

There is never enough. Reparations have been paid. Affirmative action, welfare, free hospital. A friend of mine works for a hospital, when gang shootings occur they are registered as John Doe, no payment ever required, how does that work?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The guy picked a perfect time to stoke the fires of a racial divide.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: paviabari

I wonder how they explain that kids who have schools with less of everything end up better educated in other countries? It isn't because the schools they have access to here have less a/c, less computers, etc., although they may end up that way after they get torn up.

Kids sitting on dirt floors in Africa and India and South America end up learning the basic reading, arithmetic, and writing our own school kids can't seem to manage these days.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Reparations? I thought that's what all the looted 4k flatscreens were for?

Now THATs funny!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is that so?

Then they need to hit up the West African countries where their ancestors ended up being sold in slave markets in the first place. Bill the source already.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You have a very good point there. What is the excuse?

I do wonder. It's called a "shake down" if you don't do as I/we want your racist. No matter what, it's a shakedown. Remember that.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't think so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join