It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black lives matter to Bleacher Report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh goody!!! Just what all of us who love sports wanted to see, more politics! I got the alert in my email and on my phone because I use Bleacher Report to keep up with sports and talk/debate with other sports fans.

I see this in the body of the email and click on it:

Then it takes me to this site... WHAT??? You've got to be sharting me...

Anti-Racism Resources for White People

"This document is intended to serve as a resource to white people and parents to deepen our anti-racism work. If you haven’t engaged in anti-racism work in the past, start now. Feel free to circulate this document on social media and with your friends, family, and colleagues."

I'm scrolling through this and everything I see is telling me how NOT to be racist since I'm white. This is the epitome psychological projection. I'm white, grew up in the deep south and I've never in my life looked around, saw a black person and thought to myself, "Lookie there at that n"...

I'm looking through the sources to get a chuckle and I see books I should read like "Black Feminist Thought", "Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower", "Me and White Supremacy", "White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism"... So I look through the videos available for me to watch... I see things like "Black Power Mixtape: 1967-1975", "Dear White People", "The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution", "The Hate U Give", and many more... Do they really expect any white person to feel so guilty for being born white that they'd read this BS? The Black Panthers were out not long ago telling their listeners that every white man, white woman, and white baby needs to be killed.

I guess we all know where white progressives got their information about the rest of whities being racist. WHEW!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Get woke go broke.

They should look at what happened to ESPN after they decided to enter into the NPC realm instead of just doing what they should do like "sports entertainment"?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Pretty much says it all...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's all virtue signaling BS, man. It'll bite their asses sooner rather than later.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There's no escaping this snip.

Everywhere you turn.

Education,film,television,SPORTS.

They control the horizontal.

They control the vertical.

And they've taken this country to the outer limits of BULL SNIP.

Unplugging from the world is looking more attractive by the second.
edit on 1-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Get woke go broke.

They should look at what happened to ESPN after they decided to enter into the NPC realm instead of just doing what they should do like "sports entertainment"?

I guess they just don't care. ESPN falls off the map when college football isn't on. Making an addition to a sports app only drives the divide because this isn't how equality works. They're either too stupid to understand, or they're too scared to be normal.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, they just lost my patronage.

I don't want political rhetoric in my sports, irrespective of which end of the spectrum.

I quit watching/clicking ESPN for the same reason.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

That hits the nail on the head...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's all virtue signaling BS, man. It'll bite their asses sooner rather than later.

And guess who gets the blame when people stop using their app... You guessed it, racist white people.

The show never ends and never will until we've all been intimidated and bullied into submission. Those of us who see the races as equal and treat them equally (ie. calling a criminal a thug regardless of color) are the ones they try to bully the hardest.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It'd be a shame if the internet broke down and social media was gone.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I find myself hoping that internet kill switch gets flipped.

The greatest weapon of mass destruction ever created.

And that can no longer be argued.
edit on 1-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
Well, they just lost my patronage.

I don't want political rhetoric in my sports, irrespective of which end of the spectrum.

I quit watching/clicking ESPN for the same reason.

Yeah I already got attacked for my white privilege when I commented on it and said there's no need to mix politics with sports. I guess it's not racist to immediately jump to white privilege though.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's definitely destroyed us, it gives the media and other retards too big of a platform.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If this were to happen the world would improve faster than any known period in history. Social Media is most likely the most destructive technological device created

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hmmmm, that statment says racism exists. It doesnt attempt to quantify, or even name anyone. Simply a statement. A factual one actually.

For the outraged "im not racist but " people in this thread, why you feel personally attacked? You racist?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I guess I use my white privelege NOT to burn,loot,destroy,murder,kidnap,throw bricks, and molotov cocktails.

Don't really need a website dedidicated for it either.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: LSU2018

I find myself hoping that internet kill switch gets flipped.

The greatest weapon of mass destruction ever created.

And that can no longer be argued.

Then me and millions of other workers working remotely are out of a job. Brilliant.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Hmmmm, that statment says racism exists. It doesnt attempt to quantify, or even name anyone. Simply a statement. A factual one actually.

For the outraged "im not racist but " people in this thread, why you feel personally attacked? You racist?

Allow me to reddish-brown-splain it all to you : Blacks are just as racist if not more so against whites than whites against blacks in 2020. The problem is that youre taught that their racism is acceptable. Youre also taught what racism "is" . Problem is that youre taught some pretty incorrect things. Whites.. blacks.. Im sick and tired of BOTH of your crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

People worked long before it.

They still can without it.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: jtrenthacker

People worked long before it.

They still can without it.

Well I work in the IT industry so....yeah...I guess I could just switch careers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join