It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Possibly Uses World War Z Screencap On a Breaking News Headline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just saw this come across my Twitter feed which you can find here, NSFW: twitter.com...

I havent been able to validate if MSNBC actually used this or if its a hoax but I am trying to do that now and will add edits under the image.

Anyway, the allegation is that MSNBC used a screencap from the movie World War Z to imply that is what is going on right now with the riots in Philadelphia, image found below. If true, it is a pretty solid example how things can easily be manipulated.

UPDATES
1. From what I am reading this wasn't actually used by MSNBC but rather someone created it online to spread disinof.
- Note the NOT REAL under the MSNBC logo.
2. Def seems to be a hoax. Will keep working to validate that then have post moved to Hoax Bin.
edit on 1-6-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Possibly? 🤣

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If true, how many more times will the IDIOTIC media keep trying this crap, when they have been busted so many times?
People need to all ban together, and stop watching the news until they straighten up.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Confirmed: qmap.pub...

So far in the past 12 months:

ABC- Kentucky military practice range, portrayed as US Troops bombing Syrian Kurds.

CBS - Italian Hospital treating Covid-19 patients portrayed as NYC Hospital.

CNN - Faked News Weekly (at least).

MSNBC - Movie "World War Z" city burning scene, portrayed as results of Minneapolis riots.

Several U.S. Media Outlets need to be labeled Domestic Terrorists.

ENEMIES OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Will link all the details in a few but this appears to be a full hoax which was created by someone online to test spread of disinformation.

The actual screenshot allegedly used by MSNBC has the "NOT REAL" disclaimer in it which is the first clue.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The FCC should get off their arzs and start fining these stations. I thought the FCC prohibits broadcasting false information about a crime or a catastrophe.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah, judging my the replies, it may be a fake.

Ian Miles Cheong

@stillgray

A leftist (@/jpegjoshua) posted a doctored MSNBC video to fool people into spreading disinformation. The doctored clip has MSNBC overlays on a World War Z scene to trick people into thinking MSNBC broadcast it. Leftists are trying to hurt the credibility of the right + media.

Take it for what it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Hoax or not, it's right up MSNBC's alley. CNN as well, lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Hoax or not, it's right up MSNBC's alley. CNN as well, lol.

It also right up the alley of CT's which is why it is important to validate info before stating it's fact which is why my OP had disclaimers like that in there.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yeah I don't blame you. I've had to do the same in the past.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

calling out fake news with fake news, 2+2=5

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, only smart geniuses like yourself base their opinions on well established facts lol. This pic, like others you mentioned, were faked poorly to get actual sheep like you mad. Or should I say maaaaaad. Not to say that the media are super concerned with the truth. They're interested in revenue. Just dont think you should be claiming you're that interested in truth either.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Until Smith-Mundt is repealed, the media will manipulate whatever they can to suit whatever bias agenda is currently the propaganda du jour

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
MOST IMPORTANTLY- even if this instance is proven to be false. Why would they use this type of thing( false pictures used to paint a false narrative)? The many instances where they have been caught red handed are OVERWHELMING. No one gets fired, no retractions, no apologizing, no buzz, no outrage??? this COMPLETELY HOOKS , the left leaning brain and cause them TDS syndrome as well as many others. They become unhinged AND UNABLE to differentiate between fake and reality... you can show them the falsehood and they ignore it. this is actually amazing to watch. They actually WANT to give away their rights when they see this?

)

originally posted by: opethPA
Just saw this come across my Twitter feed which you can find here, NSFW: twitter.com...

I havent been able to validate if MSNBC actually used this or if its a hoax but I am trying to do that now and will add edits under the image.

Anyway, the allegation is that MSNBC used a screencap from the movie World War Z to imply that is what is going on right now with the riots in Philadelphia, image found below. If true, it is a pretty solid example how things can easily be manipulated.

UPDATES
1. From what I am reading this wasn't actually used by MSNBC but rather someone created it online to spread disinof.
- Note the NOT REAL under the MSNBC logo.
2. Def seems to be a hoax. Will keep working to validate that then have post moved to Hoax Bin.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Any good shots of of cities burning to the ground from the International Space Station?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Any good shots of of cities burning to the ground from the International Space Station?

Nothing yet but give it enough time and the MSM or Conspiracy Theorist Joe on YouTube will deliver said shots soon enough I am sure.

top topics

join