It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota is now using contact tracing to track protestors, as demonstrations escalate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Where is the problem?

No spyPhone, no App, no problem.

For now, because they work on something that wouldn`t even need a spyPhone:

Covid-19 as a door opener for new surveillance technologies

The U.S. agency's intelligence agency is rapidly seeking techniques to remotely identify infected people and enable contact tracing even without cell phones

Whatever the reason, the corona pandemic inspires the imagination to develop new surveillance and control techniques. Michel Foucault, for example, described this in "Monitoring and punishments" and also showed that the surveillance, control and disciplining techniques that arose with the plague with the "Dream of a disciplined society" the expansion of state power and the establishment of new institutions ( Hospital, prison, poor house, police etc.) about the specific infection. After the endangerment of the danger in a Panopticon it is now a matter of realizing and disciplining the whole society as a Panopticon by means of preventive monitoring.

Secret services are always on hand when there are opportunities during crises to establish new powers and surveillance techniques that can also serve very different purposes than those originally intended. The research agency of the numerous US intelligence agencies, the Advanced Research Projects Agency (IARPA), has come up with the idea of ​​using Covid-19 to develop new techniques for tracking and predicting them.

And because Covid-19 is associated with spatial distance and social distance, as well as the creation of interfaces that are as contactless as possible, people now want to have techniques to identify people with Covid 19, whether they show symptoms or not, from a distance. That was also the desire after 9/11 when they tried to develop techniques to recognize evil intentions from a distance. And you want contact tracking options that can do without cell phones. That would be useful not only to fight epidemics, but also criminals, terrorists or political opponents. The aim is to enable contact tracing even for those who try to escape surveillance.

IARPA launched the "COVID-19 Seedling Research Topics" on May 21 to achieve an "overwhelming secret service advantage" with this "high-risk" research program, such as in the discovery, geospatial monitoring and recording ("with data protection"), the reliability of information or modeling, simulation and predictive analytics. Somehow, data protection should also be preserved. It is expressly said that preference is given to research that not only helps quickly against the Covid 19 pandemic, "but improves warning and responsiveness to future similar events." Naturally "revolutionary" solutions are expected in Trump country. Research that only offers "evolutionary improvements" will be sorted out.

What do you want? Rapid diagnosis of viral infections in symptomatic and asymptomatic people. "Contactless" approaches are preferred, for example via "breathing", "which can be used at entrances to public transport, airports and shops". And then means are also desired, such as how RNA / DNA can be discovered in wastewater or otherwise in the environment, in order to identify impending virus epidemics and to estimate their extent and geographical reach. In both cases it is a matter of mass surveillance without cause.

Novel approaches to contact tracking are also desired for people who have no cell phones and / or no internet connection. One thinks of methods that protect data protection and that use "the modern communication and Internet of Things technologies". The word data protection can be seen as rhetoric.

To discover events, information flows of all kinds should of course be recorded and evaluated multilingual and multimodal. One would also like to have predictive tools that, based on a large amount of data, can predict everything about even the possibility of future epidemics and their consequences. The models should also make it possible to estimate the consequences of various interventions.
Link Telepolis (german)

Brave New World. But no problem for most of the people which have nothing to hide anyway and know to 100% that such "stories" just are plain stupid "conpsiracy theories".

edit on 1 6 2020 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Never let a crisis go to waste and all that.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Are the protesters any more stupid than the people who would snitch on their neighbors for having small birthday parties?

Any more stupid than the ones who support forced vaccines?

This blind compliance with the lock-down orders destroyed more businesses than the riots.

Most people are looting because they are poor and want free stuff - hey at least they are getting something

The "other side" is being controlled and manipulated too - and they don't get a free tv out of it - so who is more stupid?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Trueman

Do you honestly believe that they'll stop using this tracking once the riots are gone?

No.

Just like them just voting to checking internet history without FISA warrants.

That happened a few weeks ago.

Then rioting came.

Which has false flag written all over it.

That's why I mentioned the agent provocateurs. Who will ultimately profit from Martial law, repression and a Militarized Law enforcement.
It's not political, it's much more sinister than clowns in the WH, congress or the Senate.

It's always about the money!!
edit on 1-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Trueman

Do you honestly believe that they'll stop using this tracking once the riots are gone?

Stop? This is just the beginning of a dystopian 1984 senario ala 5G. There's also a negative side...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is where I’m leaning after witnessing the two guys work their way through the peacefully gathered protesters in Ft. Lauderdale. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least bit that the same people having piles of bricks delivered to protest sites are the same ones sending in provocateurs to rile up the protestors.

One gunshot that inflicted no wounds was the catalyst that started the actual fighting in the Revolutionary War. Just like that scenario, it only takes one or two people to get the chaos started in these riots.

Every speaker I heard yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale and on Saturday in Miami were so adamantly opposed to the looting and rioting and for 3+ hours both protests were peaceful and positive. An hour after I left each one, chaos ensued.

I-95 is about 115 yards at the end of my street, there were so many sirens whirling down it that I couldn’t sleep. I’m very used to sleeping in noisy areas. I’ve fallen asleep at band practices numerous times over the years, 5 ft from a drum set. Something felt off last night, though.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Tulpa

I can't wait for the next impeachment farce trying to remove him over rioting,and looting.

Chicom-19 has now been proven to be a complete hoax.

Mask's were just cover for domestic terrorists.[/quo
Yessir. REMEMBERTuesday, November 3
(in 155 days)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

And so folks comment on the riots are blood needs to be spilled to refresh the tree of liberty.

Have you had enough blood of innocent people being beaten yet, or do we need more?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

And so folks comment on the riots are blood needs to be spilled to refresh the tree of liberty.

Have you had enough blood of innocent people being beaten yet, or do we need more?

There won't be any Liberty. We are watching history unfold itself into a New America, a New Normal. Dystopian 1984 or Brave New World, all over again.

From an academic standpoint it's fascinating. I knew my minor in cultural anthro would be useful someday...Covid19, social media, riots, hatred all around, a perfect mixture for God only know what!!

Now might be a good time to bugout before the roads are all clogged up. Or make reservations for a flight to Cabo.
edit on 1-6-2020 by olaru12 because: another semi colon

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Glorious Happytopia!

Where we have daily smile quotas (and you better meet those quotas.. or else) and total dependency on centralized corporate systems.

If you have blasphemous thoughts about self-sufficiency, or delve into the heresy of not focusing on the Narrative.. they will track and trace everyone you care about and make sure you realize the error of your ways.

You can agree or disagree with the Narrative, and the angrier the better! But ya better not think about anything else!

Stop watching the news, including local
Stop using sites like facebook/twitter
Start gaining food/power/manufacturing self-sufficiency in your home

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I am so sad for you, Grambler. I saw you crying on another thread this morning about someone misrepresenting your words, just like you did to me repeatedly yesterday, and are now doing so again. I obviously touched a nerve, but you aren't going to shame me with this crap. You just make me sad because I've thought so much better of you. My bad.

You gnash your teeth about these violent thugs and demand greater police aggression, but have no respect or appreciation for a peaceful protest.... then try and throw my words back in my face, taken out of context, because we both know what prefaced those words: When peaceful revolution is impossible, violent revolution is inevitable. This isn't my wish. They are not even my words. They are just basic principles of human behavior. But you ignore all of that. You selectively use what you can twist into something hateful and ugly on my part. Rather than discuss these thoughts and concepts, you just want to attack me.

Have YOU???

I'm the one who advocated for peaceful protest AND reform long before we got to this point. I was quite happy to make peaceful revolution possible. YOU are the one who refused to respect or appreciate peaceful protest. YOU are the one who made peaceful resolution impossible. YOU are the one who made violent revolution a reality.

Ask yourself your own question. Then ask yourself if YOU have had enough blood of innocent people being beaten and KILLED BY POLICE yet? Or do YOU want more?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Glorious Happytopia!

And to think we can watch all the action on our phones. Brought to us by that centralized corporate system you mentioned. 5G for everyone... Ain't technology grand?

edit on 1-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Things seem far too convenient for those looking to power grab.

The media, the left, and a lot of the country were just telling us how we need to social distance and keep the nation shut down. But now it's cool if you group up so long as it's "protesting"?

This whole thing smells.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good!

Prosecution and hit them with everything in the book.

Rioters and looters should be shot, will make any one else thinking about doing it think twice before trying that crap.

Pants up don't loot!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

No, you are the one who celebrated Kaeprnick as a peaceful protestor, a man who pushed the false narrative that this is a racist country.

Now thanks to that narrative being pushed over and pver, riots have begun.

I have always been for doing something about police violence.

That was hijacked by racial grievance charlatans, that you cheer on like kkaeprnick, that have divided us further and inflamed racial tensions leading to riots.

Even if these riots would achieve some form of reform with police, it will be based on the lie that poloice are racist, and so the reform with be like after ferguson, just stop policing black neighborhoods

If instead of giving in to the lie that america and its cops are racist that the guy you cheered on kaeprnick pushed, we could have advocated for solidarity and reforming all police violence.

You have lended legitimacy to these riots saying the blood of tyrants needs spilled, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

edit on 1-6-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah.

The real racists, are those who keep perpetuating the false racist narrative.

America had a black President for crying out loud, and instead of reducing racial tensions, the entire obuma regime ramped up the tensions.

Judge by the content of their character...
edit on 1-6-2020 by ADVISOR because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Things seem far too convenient for those looking to power grab.

The media, the left, and a lot of the country were just telling us how we need to social distance and keep the nation shut down. But now it's cool if you group up so long as it's "protesting"?

This whole thing smells.

Seems fishy to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It genuinely is grand

Just gotta make sure the serfs never figure out just how grand it could be outside of corporate approved structures & systems.

Sheesh, someone might even release something like an open source phone where the GPS module could be removed altogether.

How nightmarishly.. Independent
*shudder*
Something like that would poke all kinds of holes in the digital veil.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

We had to shut down our whole economy to appease the doomsday politicians.

So what I'm seeing is perceived injustices are more important than the whole nation's economy.

I say perceived, because IDK wtf local businesses had to do with one man's actions.

This is either a super elaborate and well thought out plan, or an organic situation that someone is throwing gas on and trying to make work for them. I'm going to go with the latter.

Curious to see if legislators decide to come up with some new guidance for how we deal with this. Could be very telling on the motives.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

It genuinely is grand

Just gotta make sure the serfs never figure out just how grand it could be outside of corporate approved structures & systems.

Sheesh, someone might even release something like an open source phone where the GPS module could be removed altogether.

How nightmarishly.. Independent
*shudder*
Something like that would poke all kinds of holes in the digital veil.

I don't think they even need GPS...satellites can track that shiny little chip on your Visa card if they want to. The tech we see and use is already obsolete to the Big Brother operators.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join