It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota is now using contact tracing to track protestors, as demonstrations escalate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

In some cities like Minneapolis, though, officials are starting to turn to a familiar tool to investigate networks of protestors. The tool is contact-tracing, and it’s a familiar tool in that people have been hearing about it frequently in recent weeks as an important component of a comprehensive coronavirus pandemic response. According to Minnesota Public Safety Commissioner John Harringon, officials there have been using what they describe, without going into much detail, as contact-tracing in order to build out a picture of protestor affiliations — a process that officials in the state say has led them to conclude that much of the protest activity there is being fueled by people from outside coming in.

. . . the non-protest aspect to this is the fact that it speaks to privacy concerns around contact-tracing in general, since using this tool to fight the coronavirus pandemic is by definition an invasion of privacy. Contact tracers need to know personal details about you, such as who you’ve been around and where you’ve gone over a not-insignificant period of time. And now, it’s a tool that’s apparently being used to build a completely different, non-coronavirus-related informational picture of Americans.

bgr.com...

The morons looting, rioting are now creating the perfect opportunity for Big Brother to move in permanently.

All for your safety, of course.

It's not just for Covid, they now have to know where you are and what you're doing if you're protesting.

Folks, government is cheering on the protests and riots because it gives them the perfect opportunity to erode our rights to privacy.

Well done, bastards. You idiots. Morons. You had to go and burn and loot. You couldn't peacefully march or protest or whatever. You had to go and screw things up for the rest of us.

Idiots.

Well done.
edit on 1-6-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I firmly believe we need a strong response to these domestic terrorists; police, national guard, etc.

One of the reasons for this is that if we allow these terrorists to burn down our cities it will rightfully outrage people, and then they will wrongfully be willing to accept massive infringements on their rights to deal with this because the government tells us nothing else works.

Just like anti gun laws: the government basically refuses to prosecute people trying to illegally buy guns, then they can point to gun violence as an excuse to take away law abiding citizens guns.

This is disgusting.
edit on 1-6-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Do you think that the powers that be might have had a hand in fostering the violence ala agents provocateurs? The ultimate agenda is "control" after all. Divide and conquer...if ats is an example, it works.

edit on 1-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Minnesota officials say they’re using contact tracing to better understand who the protestors are and where they’re coming from.

Source

The only thing they really need to do is geolocate their phones for this.

Ya know them phones they were using social media to target snip with.

edit on 1-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

without question.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Do you think that the powers that be might have had a hand in fostering the violence ala agents provocateurs? The ultimate agenda is "control" after all.

If by powers that be a political party hell bent on removing a sitting president.

The answer is a resounding yes.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hmm.. I didnt like the idea at all before, and I still dont but now that they are marketing it in a way where Ill buy it, Im all for it!

Hooray for contact tracing!

Same people pushing contact tracing are the ones that have been priming "riot responses" in the public for years now.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Contact tracing is for our own good. It's not that intrusive. It's only temporary. It's okay to give up some freedom for safety. I'm not doing anything wrong so I don't have to worry.

link   

Seriously? I didn't imagine you (of all people) to be the kid saying "don't hit the booze, or daddy gets his belt!"
The problem is and was daddy-gov tried to sell the belt-tracing as good for you, don't you think?
Maybe someone needs a spanking to put things straight in the head again?
Do you? Would be happy to help...

link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: olaru12
Do you think that the powers that be might have had a hand in fostering the violence ala agents provocateurs? The ultimate agenda is "control" after all.

If by powers that be a political party hell bent on removing a sitting president.

The answer is a resounding yes.

And they know that a bunch of dummies will play right into their hands.

Predictable as ever.
edit on 162020 by Tulpa because: Speeling

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I can't wait for the next impeachment farce trying to remove him over rioting,and looting.

Chicom-19 has now been proven to be a complete hoax.

Mask's were just cover for domestic terrorists.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I really don't care what method they use to track the vandals (the right term according Merriam-Webster "one who willfully or ignorantly destroys, damages, or defaces property belonging to another or to the public"). www.merriam-webster.com...

We should be called "protestors", not them. We are protesting against these idiot vandals.

By the way, it's been told that the second wave will be about "civil unrest" and not the virus. So now we have business like Target, closing because this mess.
www.msn.com...
edit on 1-6-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So what's your story here lately? That the president is an impotent stooch? Or that republicans are so incompetent they can't rule even if they're in power?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Do you honestly believe that they'll stop using this tracking once the riots are gone?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The REALITY, No story.

Is after years of piss poor (D) management some snip went down that should have never.

You get what you vote for.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do you honestly believe that they'll stop using this tracking once the riots are gone?

No but I'm willing to bet some more dummies will riot everytime the tracker needs an upgrade.

Spontaneously, of course.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

No.

Just like them just voting to checking internet history without FISA warrants.

That happened a few weeks ago.

Then rioting came.

Which has false flag written all over it.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

They planned to use it anyway, even if there is no protests. They probably reading us now by the way

....it doesn't mean I'll hit my computer with a brick.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

But hitting stuff with bricks gets you free stuff.

Maybe even a new computer.

(Or so the underpants gnomes tell me).

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well done, bastards. You idiots. Morons.

I hope you're including the ones who hired them...

You had to go and burn and loot.

...and paid them to do exactly that.

You couldn't peacefully march or protest or whatever.

Nope. They were paid to do exactly the opposite.

You had to go and screw things up for the rest of us.

Yup. Now some folks are begging and cheering the police state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join