It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Releases 5th June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn , Command & Conquer: Red Alert and their three expansion packs: Covert Ops, Counterstrike and The Aftermath have all been given the remaster treatment by Petroglyph , a studio founded by some of the original C&C developers.

Command & Conquer was the first RTS I'd ever played back in the Sega Saturn days if I remember correctly and it soon became my favourite game on the system , harvesting Tiberian to build up huge armies to swamp the opposition and devastate their camps never got old , now the time is near to re-experience those joys in resolutions up to 4K and get some of that original fun with better graphics and sound , there will also be MOD support through Steam Workshop so the possibilities will be endless.

In an age of remasters it's about time this gem got the treatment , the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection will retail for $19.99 (£17.99) on Steam.

No Mercy , mercy is for the weak.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I wasted many an hour in college playing this game. I remember the most fun was playing a guy down the hall from my dorm. We would have a 1 hour timer to build up our armies and then when time was up, all hell would break loose. Drink beers and play this all night.

I might have to purchase this.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Kane can never die!

These games were mind blowing to me, I still remember playing to death a demo cd with the first 3 missions on it, remember those things? I think C&C was the first game I bought for my PS1.

A few months later a neighbor let me play on his PC, he was an avid gamer and had maybe 3-4 C&C games. To think my mind was blown playing the original in a PS1 ! Well damn is all I can say.

Cheers for posting Gortex, it's put a little smile on my face. I haven't used steam in a while and was hoping a long time ago they'd put these classics up.

Time to fire the old block up and get my nostalgia on!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
this, was a defining moment in gaming history.
one of the best games ever!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
6 year old me played the crap out of this..
i got red alert 2 for free with origin a while ago, modded so the res was hd etc.

This looks way better though.
Those kitchy 90’s story vids made it.
Damn did I have a crush on Tanya, I think that’s her name right?
Sexy little soviet death machine

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh my god.....

Played the hell out of these, Tiberian a bit meh.

Is remasted, obviously graphics improved but AI??

Played it that much that know the sequence to victory on any level with full opponents...

BUT WHEN IS THE TRULY UPDATED VERSION WITH TODAY'S PC OR CONSOLE???????

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthSeeker73Uk
Oh my god.....

Played the hell out of these, Tiberian a bit meh.

Is remasted, obviously graphics improved but AI??

Played it that much that know the sequence to victory on any level with full opponents...

BUT WHEN IS THE TRULY UPDATED VERSION WITH TODAY'S PC OR CONSOLE???????

AI? WadFuq?

Multiplayer man, come on.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I've been waiting for this.

I pray they remaster Generals.

Can I have some shoes?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Kane can never die!

These games were mind blowing to me, I still remember playing to death a demo cd with the first 3 missions on it, remember those things? I think C&C was the first game I bought for my PS1.

A few months later a neighbor let me play on his PC, he was an avid gamer and had maybe 3-4 C&C games. To think my mind was blown playing the original in a PS1 ! Well damn is all I can say.

Cheers for posting Gortex, it's put a little smile on my face. I haven't used steam in a while and was hoping a long time ago they'd put these classics up.

Time to fire the old block up and get my nostalgia on!

I remember linking PlayStation1's for C&C. So friggin awesome.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm really looking forward to this. I still have all the old CDs but I can't get them to work with anything past Windows ME.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Always liked these games, RTS was one of the best genres of PC gaming but it has fallen out of favor with many gamer's these day's which is kind of sad.

Nothing like sending a swarm of prism tank's to destroy an enemy base or launching a fleet of kirovs.

Back then these games spanned many different styles though for most of us it began with the C&C universe, many gravitated toward the likes of star craft (and war craft not much difference they were essentially the same game) as well but for me though not command and conquer I quite liked the later Earth 2150 and also though it did not have resource management or unit production but preferred to dump you straight into the action the ground control games and there was a brief experiment with hybrid RTS/FPS games such as battlezone combat commander which bridged the gap into the idea of resource management and unit production for many quake/duke3d fan's that had not yet tried the genre (battlezone combat commander is arguably another but lesser cult game and one that is still pretty unique to this day).

Command and Conquer is pure PC gaming history, nice to see it brought up to date though I perhaps spent far too much time on these games in the past.

For myself though I would say the pinnacle of pure RTS for 'single player' gaming (starcraft/warcraft and C&C were definitely king's of the LAN and then the early internet back in the day) was Homeworld, much harder to get to grip's with for a novice to the genre though especially since it introduced the idea of three dimensional combat but you could not beat the feeling of success when you captured enemy frigate's and built a huge fleet far above your unit cap by adding them to your forces.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Have you tired running them using the troubleshoot compatibility? seems to work for me and I'm running Windows 10

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
I pray they remaster Generals.

Can I have some shoes?

AK47's - FOR EVERRRRRYYYYOOONNNEEEEE!

new topics

top topics

join