It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor's daughter Chiara Diblasio arrested during riot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Fools

a reply to: Fools

She looks like she had a fight with a hardware store and lost.

But seriously...
Who cares?

I didn't care when Bush's daughter's got drunk.
I didn't care when obamas daughter smoked weed.

In those cases they were not assisting violent riots - were they? They were if anything only hurting themselves. Your analogy is not good at all.

I'm not defending the kids actions.
I am however not holding the mayor accountable for his kids actions.
Show me where he encouraged her to break the law and I will be all over him.

My guess is a lifetime of supporting communist causes. Read up a bit on the mayor. He has had an interesting career.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

So let's just eliminate all valid forums of protest and social complaints because of bad eggs...

With that logic, all i would have to do to discredit anyone is send in a few people to instigate rioting.

Is it that hard to say rioting in this case is wrong, and police brutality against blacks is also wrong?

edit on 1-6-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

That's a girl??? WHOA. She's as ugly as Bill.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I agree.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

So let's just eliminate all valid forums of protest and social complaints because of bad eggs...

With that logic, all i would have to do to discredit anyone is send in a few people to instigate rioting.

Is it that hard to say rioting in this case is wrong, and police brutality against blacks is also wrong?

Let’s put this in prospective...

Rightly so to a point. The Left was worried about USA image, and not trampling on human rights like the armed combatants in Afghanistan and Iraq being fought. About being the “bigger” person.

Where are now those cries to be the “bigger” person to protect our neighborhoods? I guess when push comes to shove they cannot turn the other cheek to protect their own neighborhoods.

———————————-

There should be no tolerance for riots, looting, arson of our neighborhoods. Especially the looting and arson.

This should be a no brainer.

edit on 1-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

She looks like she had a fight with a hardware store and lost.

But seriously...
Who cares?

I didn't care when Bush's daughter's got drunk.
I didn't care when obamas daughter smoked weed.

In those cases they were not assisting violent riots - were they? They were if anything only hurting themselves. Your analogy is not good at all.

I'm not defending the kids actions.
I am however not holding the mayor accountable for his kids actions.
Show me where he encouraged her to break the law and I will be all over him.

My guess is a lifetime of supporting communist causes. Read up a bit on the mayor. He has had an interesting career.

They do say that the nut doesn't fall to far from the tree.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The protesters know who the the agents among them are. If they want to make a message, then let them turn in the ones who are doing this. If there really are more peaceful protesters than agents, it shouldn't be a problem. You can't have a peaceful, productive dialogue when the agents are agitating and fomenting violence and burning cities now can you?

So if that's really what they want, it would seem to be in their own best interests to turn in the agents.

Absent that, their message is lost.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I hope the justice department gives her a stiff fine. In fact, the people in the state should demand she get procecuted for disobeying the law since she should know not to do that since her father is the Mayor of the city. Protesting is legal but they should not be stopping traffic because emergency vehicles need to get to where they are going. If someone dies because they stopped traffic, they are guilty of Manslaughter. How stupid are these protestors, that person who dies could be black or Asian or Hispanic...there is just as much chance that those other races will need help, especially since covid seems to effect the black people more than the whites.

This is not the time to be having a protest, not even a peaceful one unless they are practicing social distancing. People with covid have lung problems, what is that smoke from all those fires going to do to people with even a medium case of covid quarantined to their residence. These rioters are stupid as hell or ignorant and dangerous. They sure the hell aren't thinking right.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Can't blame him for his daughter's stupidity but if he condones he needs to be arrested for provoking domestic terrorism. Same goes for any public official who shows any empathy for domestic terrorism. The police are not perfect. We have a legal way to address it. They will never be perfect. No organization is perfect. We follow the rule of law to maintain civility.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Not sure what you're arguing for. Me, nor anyone else i see on here, is in favor of looting. Nor im not sure what the lengthy and complex occupations in iraq/Afghanistan and tge general left's attitude have to do with this.

Lost me there.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: blueman12

I disagree. There are still many peaceful protesters who aren't rioting.

The message is lost when cities burn.

No, their beef is still there and valid, just shallow thinking can't differentiate between protesters, vs rioters, you paint the rioter as representing the whole..it's called "nutpicking. So do carry on, and solve nothing.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: blueman12

The protesters know who the the agents among them are. If they want to make a message, then let them turn in the ones who are doing this. If there really are more peaceful protesters than agents, it shouldn't be a problem. You can't have a peaceful, productive dialogue when the agents are agitating and fomenting violence and burning cities now can you?

So if that's really what they want, it would seem to be in their own best interests to turn in the agents.

Absent that, their message is lost.

If you havent seen it, your not looking, have seen many instances of protesters protecting police, property, telling rioters to get lost..why aren't they showing more of that I wonder. I see incidents all day long on my instagram.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It's kinda hard to see the message with all the glare from the fires.

It's kinda hard to hear the message over the sound of shattering glass.

Yes, there is a message... But who can hear/listen, or see, when they're busy dodging, or trying to protect themselves or their livelihood??

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: vonclod

It's kinda hard to see the message with all the glare from the fires.

It's kinda hard to hear the message over the sound of shattering glass.

Yes, there is a message... But who can hear/listen, or see, when they're busy dodging, or trying to protect themselves or their livelihood??

Sure, if you are down there living it, I get it..easy for me to talk.

It just seems the posters I'm replying too are not "in it" they choose not to see..maybe, I could be wrong. I guess msm is doing the usual doom, don't know why I see the better interactions on IG, see bad stuff too, but enough good, I'm not completely demoralised.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join