It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has failed as a leader

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BastogneFoxHole

LOL ... first of all, let me ask.

Is that supposed to be a serious argument or are you just goofing?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We may have a dilemma here.

Can one fail as a leader if one was never truly a leader to begin with?

If one does nothing but divide the country he purports to lead?

He's failed at his job, but, again, was never a leader.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Democrats are rioting and destroying cities.

But it's Trump's fault.

Keep up the liberal circle j here.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Its ironic that no one, not the media, protesters or other elected leaders are taking the Minneapolis Mayor to task. We all saw his indignant self-righteous rant on TV but did he do one thing to help before this happened?

I'll bet he was railing against the crime in the city and telling the cops to get it under control! He is the head of the police state in that city. I don't think he cared at all for Floyd or others like him before this happened.

He should be recalled, brought up on negligence or accessory charges and tossed in jail.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

LOL ... first of all, let me ask.

Is that supposed to be a serious argument or are you just goofing?

Totally serious, please continue..

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Gryphon66

A week’s worth of rioting and looting nationwide (with printed shirts and masks saying “I can’t breathe” but somehow people still believe it to be a spontaneous reaction and not a funded objective) has resulted in more than 10 times the deaths than the officer committed whom they were protesting against...

Or would you like me to point out Trump had two scoops of ice cream?

Awww. You guys are still on the ice cream thing? So. Much. Winning.

Let’s see if we can parse though that. A cop murdered a man (actually, four cops, but let’s not quibble ... ) and Americans have come out to protest that, and obviously, to protest the situation in this country that has pushed them to the limit. We know that the riots have been instigated by cops, other instigators and just regular folks ... but somehow in all that ... the protesters (most of which are Americans exercising their right to assemble) are responsible for 10 more deaths?

Okay, two things. Backup the claim of ten deaths and two ... do you have any scope of what a foolish claim that is logically?

You are trying to equate the idea that protesting murder-by-cop is killing people? Not the individuals who did the killing?
edit on 1-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

But it's Trump's fault.

It's funny how the "not my President" crowd is now asking for him to be their President.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Frankly, the idea is about as realistic as the claim that 2020 Democrats are identical to the folks that started the KKK.

(Which I’m sure you believe as well?)

Let’s see ... your clumsy thesis is that a city that has elected a Democratic Mayor or City Council has commanded their cops to kill Black Americans?

Let me give you one more chance to reverse or drop that.... are you certain?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
It's funny how the "not my President" crowd is now asking for him to be their President.

I will be impressed if he can be "a" president. He can pick a side after he figures out what position he plays.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We have had this discussion before. Different perception of the same thing. As far as Trump, Calling out bull#, no matter who it is, is not decisive. NO one is safe and they should not do. What I like about him a president is no pandering to those complaining.

Bush - On 9/11 he said he was going to squash terrorism and Islam. 3 days later he told us all in America we should embrace Islam. Bush is the unifier....

then...how many more terror attacks on US soil until we start to be told this.....

Obama - San Bernadino, Dozens dead. We are told by our AG and our president to not take it out on Muslims.

Trump - Governors you are being weak on protesting. Media kills him....

Politicians pander to whoever they need to at the time to move on to the next crisis. Trump is trying to work to fix it not lay blame on police.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

But it's Trump's fault.

Everyone in the street is a Democrat?

Did you take a poll?

Actually, odds are, most of the folks are Independent ... like most Americans.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Frankly, the idea is about as realistic as the claim that 2020 Democrats are identical to the folks that started the KKK.

Let’s see ... your clumsy thesis is that a city that has elected a Democratic Mayor or City Council has commanded their cops to kill Black Americans?

Yup, it's the fault of the local government that things got this far, the scum that killed George is in jail now so let the system do it job and lets get back to work, that's if it hasn't been looted and burned.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I know we’ve chatted about it many times over the years.

And my conclusion is that we live in two different worlds.

You’re a good, caring person. And yet, you believe that Trump is not divisive.

I’m not calling you out on it. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m saying we are in two different worlds communicating with each other by some means.

It’s crazy in a way.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yes, absolutely certain. Your team has controlled administration of those inner cities for decades and that includes the police murdering Black Americans. I am open minded so tell me where I am wrong?

Specific to the point, enlighten me on how Republicans, Trump or anyone else other than Mr. White Democrat Police State Mayor of Minneapolis are responsible for Floyd's death?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yup, it's the fault of the local government that things got this far, the scum that killed George is in jail now so let the system do it job and lets get back to work, that's if it hasn't been looted and burned.

Perhaps the problem is more universal that you think?

It seems that Americans have had enough, by and large, of living in a police state.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It seems that Americans have had enough, by and large, of living in a police state.

Just 2 weeks ago people had no problem when their overlords told them to stay home.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

It's funny how the "Blame everything wrong on Obama regardless of his involvement, " suddenly don't think the President is responsible for anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Muninn

It's funny how the "Blame everything wrong on Obama regardless of his involvement, " suddenly don't think the President is responsible for anything.

A white supremacist Democrat Mayor runs this city, not Trump. So black Americans voted for a white supremacist to murder their own people. Irony?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Well, let’s see.

First of all, you have to imagine a world in which everything is not split into a Democratic and Republican dichotomy.

I know that’s hard because the world has been dumbed down by the media that false dilemma, and that’s not your fault.

Unless you can demonstrate the Mayors or City Councils or what have you giving orders to kill Black Americans, then, and you may want to reference the erstwhile idea of personal responsibility, it’s not the cities’ fault that there are bad cops, its folks, perhaps like you, that drone on about “law and order” and constantly ignore the fact that police act as individuals. Do you have a single piece of evidence that there have been kill orders from Democratic mayors?

I bet not.

For example, in Atlanta, two overzealous cops stopped a car, flattened the tires, and maced the two private citizens inside. They were fired within hours and will stand charges. See Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms’ actions during the riots, you might learn something. If not, you might find out how a strong Black woman gives a speech.

Back to the earlier nonsense ... you seem to think that City governments are somehow an example of States’ Rights. You’re mistaken. Cities get their charters from the States, certainly, but States Rights is a concept based on the Tenth Amendment of the Constitution. You might read it sometime for reference.

So you wanted to try to suggest that I’m talking about a “bogeyman” as being responsible for these riots? For the decades of police violence? Nah. I’ve been here for a long time and you can read what I’ve actually said if you’re interested.

Here’s the skinny, let’s go with an oldie-but-goodie. You are claiming that I have said that Republicans or Trump are responsible for Floyd’s death.

Quote me. I encourage you. If you cannot quote me saying that, you are either intentionally lying or you’re blatantly mistaken, and either way, chatting with you is a waste of my time.

So, which is it?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Just 2 weeks ago people had no problem when their overlords told them to stay home.

Really? I remember thread after thread here with the “real Patriots” ready to find a 2nd A Solution to not being able to go to church when they wanted to and not having to wear a mask.

I’ve heard for years that 2A is for tyrants and insurrections. Well, you’ve got one. Where y’all at?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join