It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has failed as a leader

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
When there is great unrest, we need leaders to step up and say something that most of us can relate to, let us know where he/she stands on an issue, and at least attempt to patch things up when an injustice has occurred.

President Trump has failed here. Instead of addressing the nation, he has gone on twitter writing inflammatory non-sense. He continues to drive a wedge in this nation and refuses to admit mistakes have been made.

This week the nation has been flipped upside down. The civil unrest has been brewing for a long time. President Trump is responsible for a lot of what has happened. Throughout his campaign and presidency he pushed an agenda that empowered racist, fueled hate for others, and gave white supremacist someone they can cheer for. He has divided this nation.

The majority of us have been appauled by his words and actions and even more shocked that his followers cheer him on. It is a collective narcissism that this country has not seen in a long time. It is not making this country great, it has divided the country.

60 years of social justice reform went up in smoke this week. We were making progress up until 2016.

The protest and riots are about generations of police brutality and institutionalized racism. George Floyd's death was the spark that caused the volatile situation to go up in flames.

Instead of trying to put the fire out, we have a President in hiding whose twitter messages are adding fuel to the fire. That is not leadership.

This country deserves better. We need a leader, not a narcissist that constantly needs his ego stroked who can only be found on twitter in a time of crisis.
edit on 1-6-2020 by jrod because: H

+64 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I think a lot people in this country have failed our President!

+52 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
No the country does not deserve better. At this point, I think the country deserves a Pelosi or a Biden.

We have a nation of idiots. Spoiled. Entitled. Lazy. Apathetic. Uninformed. Greedy. Did I mention lazy?

These are people who expect participation trophies ... with large cash rewards for not even showing up.

How in hell could anybody even lead that. I wouldn't want the job!

Oh, but wait ... I forgot ...

DUH ... ORANGE MAN BAD ... DERRRR ...
:
edit on 2020 6 01 by incoserv because: Orange Man Bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You mean, whenever there is a riot, the President should have the FBI take over the local law enforcement agency. He should suggest nationalizing local police.

Because that’s what Obama did, for Ferguson. They call it a “consent decree” when the state loses police powers in its own jurisdiction.

The FBI are more efficient— more professional.

They are absolved from having to wear body cameras while they arrest people.

Which makes the FBI much more efficient apparently. They kill 4 TIMES the number of unarmed civilians than to all police in the US. Every year. And none of it recorded. Plus, if you are next of kin, you have to have the justice department’s special permission to sue the FBI. That sure is efficient!

Say— Trump really HAS sucked at that part of his job!

+39 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yeah blame him for everything lol. This is the problem when you guys wanted to throw # at Trump for everything.

No one cares anymore, even if you are right. No one cares.

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

and nowhere in your OP did you offer a solution or an opinion on what you would have done.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Speaking of Ferguson, here is what Trump had to say about it 2014 on Twiiter:

Our country is totally fractured and, with our weak leadership in Washington, you can expect Ferguson type riots and looting in other places

+41 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Wait.

It's Trumps fault his critics can't run their cities, and states?

Talk about gaslighting.

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Looks like jrod has failed at posting...

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Never in the history of the United States of America, has a president been so opposed in every decision he has ever made. This only proves president Trump is doing something that those opposing powers do not like. Please keep it up sir.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am not in that position but I guess you did not read my first paragraph.

Basically address the nation and say something to try to patch things up is a start.

Instead, Trump has been in hiding and writting things on twitter that only makes the situation worse.

I get this site is largely pro-Trump and it is tough to have a legitiment forum discussion. I expect I will be chastised by an echo chamber of non-sense but someone has to put it bluntly:

TRUMP HAS FAILED AS A LEADER!

edit on 1-6-2020 by jrod because: F

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
No the country does not deserve better. At this point, I think the country deserves a Pelosi or a Biden.

As an outsider looking in. US politics needs to be reset. It's too divisive. Too many old men and women just bickering and getting rich. The US does not deserve Pelosi, Biden or Trump.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

That's because his haters want to impose their rules on everyone but refuse to do the 'democractic' thing and live under someone elses.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

I think a lot people in this country have failed our President!

No the leader is responsible, like the boss of a business that failed, it wasn't the workers fault it failed it was the lack of leadership.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: incoserv

As an outsider looking in. US politics needs to be reset. It's too divisive. Too many old men and women just bickering and getting rich. The US does not deserve Pelosi, Biden or Trump.

Regardless they still not only vote for them they idilose them.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

That is absolutely bull$...

Look at Obama's presidency and how the Republicans tried to block everything he did.

Trumo started off with a majority in the House and Senate and has faced critisism but neot much in the way of being blocked. He even got a Supreme Court Justice in, something else the Republicans blocked from Obama.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

This country deserves better. We need a leader, not a narcissist that constantly needs his ego stroked who can only be found on twitter in a time of crisis.

Thing is with twitter is he can make announcements and proclamations without having to answer the tough questions that follow , I agree recent events both civil and viral have exposed the inadequacies of his brand of "leadership" but as the virus has shown he isn't the man to stand at a press conference and give coherent answers.

Although some of the faithful are starting to question his decision and leadership the majority ignore the obvious problems with this personality disorder President , the coffee is peculating but clips remain firmly on noses.

Good luck America.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Again not true, you pretty much have it backwards.

Aren't you one of those applauding Trump's attack of Facebook and Twitter?
edit on 1-6-2020 by jrod because: Fz

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am not in that position but ai guess you did not read my first paragraph.

Basically address the nation and say something to try to patch things up is a start.

Instead, Trump has been in hiding and writting things on twitter that only makes the situation worse.

I get this site is largely pro-Trump and it is tough to have a legitiment forum discussion. I expect I will be chastised by an echo chamber of non-sense but someone has to put it bluntly:

TRUMP HAS FAILED AS A LEADER!

*say something to try to patch things up*

Yoooouuuuu'rrreee #in kidding me aren't yah?

Fail

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Don't have anything backwards.

What people are supposedly rioting over was there for years. Long before Trump ever thought about running.

Combine that with manufactured crimes,failed impeachments,illegally spying,rigging debates,primaries.

Trump critics think ONLY they should be running things, and when they do.

We've ALL now seen just how bad things were, and are now.

Twitter should be shut down. And I wholeheartedly agree with Laura Loomers latest comments.

bigleaguepolitics.com...

Social media is being used as a weapon now.
edit on 1-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join