It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to say this once, and it should be all that is needed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Helious
Many ATS'ers have argued that the 2nd amendment exists for citizens to defend against tyrannical government?

Definition of tyranny - Merriam Webster

It appears to me, a foreigner, that the protesters are the ones standing up for rights enshrined in the Constitution, and which are not upheld by governing authorities, and that the enforcement officers stand on the side of a tyrannical government.

Also, are you advocating that citizens should begin shooting for defense?

I have definitely seen footage of the National Guard shooting rubber bullets at unarmed citizens standing on their own property. Please explain the Constitutionality of that?

1.) If you are watching during the day, you may see legitimate protesters. If you are still watching after sunset, you see that devolve into rioting and looting.

Peaceful protest and the right to assemble to protest is guaranteed by our Constitution. You may be mistaking that with violent actions against other citizens, robbing them of their Constitutional rights.

You can protest anything you want, the key word is "PEACEFULLY" If you have some special vendetta towards the government then ok, point it there but there is never an excuse to rob other Americans of their SAME Constitutional rights because you lose all validity in your argument because your too stupid to even know what your protesting.

2.) Take accountability in your actions. Always have a reason, a clear defined reason behind you doing what your doing and if you don't, you need to take a big step back an figure it out.

3.) Take pride in your country. Even if you despise the government, you need to realize we are ALL Americans. Don't hurt or deprive your fellow citizens their rights. Black, white, yellow, orange, blue or brown. We are ALL Americans.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
your Canadian huh..... deflective twist....... won't work here

a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
When these protesters get covid and return home and cause the death of their relitives and others that are immune compromised, they will probably blame it on the police or government in their minds and not have any regrets because their beliefs will blind them. They will blame the masks that are inadequate, but when proper social distancing is in effect do pretty much work. I would love to see the parents of these people disinherit them for their ignorance. If my kids did that kind of wreckless stuff, I would not leave them a penny, I have the right to leave what I have to anyone I want to leave it to. I am not afraid to tell my kids and grandkids either if they were to try to do something like that.

I hope that the older people listen to me. We are in a pandemic, and even though I do not believe it is that bad for most people, I still know it is really bad for some people. Anyone who goes to those protests should be forced to quarantine for two weeks....along with ankle braces and a big fine mandatory. I have watched many of the video clips, I see a lot of people that are causing a risk factor to others by these protests. When they yell at protests, those masks do nothing to stop the spread of the virus.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Many ATS'ers have argued that the 2nd amendment exists for citizens to defend against tyrannical government?

It appears to me, a foreigner, that the protesters are the ones standing up for rights enshrined in the Constitution, and which are not upheld by governing authorities, and that the enforcement officers stand on the side of a tyrannical government.

I have definitely seen footage of the National Guard shooting rubber bullets at unarmed citizens standing on their own property. Please explain the Constitutionality of that?

It appears to me, a citizen that has lived in large metro areas and rural settings, that you have no idea what you're talking about and without fail defend anything that supports the destruction of my country.

Well, you are quite wrong. There are so many things I like that are very uniquely American.

What is happening, on so many fronts at the moment, is a tragedy for the whole world.

Also, I asked a question in regard to the Constitutionality of the National Guard firing upon unarmed, non-combative civilians.

What about Corona. Aren't you going to tell us how the protesters are causing thousands of deaths by not staying at home?

Yes, but what some of the protesters are doing, seems to be even worse.

And there is the niggling concern that this may be a false-flag operation, like the burning of the Reichstag in Nazi Germany in the '30's. With many of the vandals appearing to be Caucasian, and allegations that they are actually police officers.

And the bizarre supply of pallets of bricks (or pavers) to various flash-points across America (in locations where there is no construction).

Something doesn't seem right.

edit on 1/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

originally posted by: rickymouse

If someone is throwing a firebomb at your house, with you inside, shouldn't you have the right to shoot that person?

Well, the law around here does give us that right to defend our life and property from dangerous threats.

What about when it is the National Guard shooting at you, from a distance, and you are on your own property outside your own house and just filming them? I have seen such footage.

Should you open fire in your defense?

It's important to note that the National Guard is comprised of regular people. I don't think you would see them firing on citizens unless something extraordinary happened. That said, we are experiencing extraordinary times right now but I don't think we can expect the National Guard to start firing on citizens without just cause at this moment in time.

There is a video showing National Guardsmen walking down a suburban street at night and the person filming them, from their own yard, was fired upon.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

1.) If you are watching during the day, you may see legitimate protesters. If you are still watching after sunset, you see that devolve into rioting and looting.

Peaceful protest and the right to assemble to protest is guaranteed by our Constitution. You may be mistaking that with violent actions against other citizens, robbing them of their Constitutional rights.

You can protest anything you want, the key word is "PEACEFULLY" If you have some special vendetta towards the government then ok, point it there but there is never an excuse to rob other Americans of their SAME Constitutional rights because you lose all validity in your argument because your too stupid to even know what your protesting.

2.) Take accountability in your actions. Always have a reason, a clear defined reason behind you doing what your doing and if you don't, you need to take a big step back an figure it out.

3.) Take pride in your country. Even if you despise the government, you need to realize we are ALL Americans. Don't hurt or deprive your fellow citizens their rights. Black, white, yellow, orange, blue or brown. We are ALL Americans.

As previously explained, I am not an American.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
your Canadian huh..... deflective twist....... won't work here

I am an Australian citizen by birth and am currently resident in New Zealand.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Evidently you don't remember the incident at Kent State University during the Vietnam War protests in the 60s. That was the National Guard firing on and killing unarmed protestors.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It's important to note that the National Guard is comprised of regular people. I don't think you would see them firing on citizens unless something extraordinary happened. That said, we are experiencing extraordinary times right now but I don't think we can expect the National Guard to start firing on citizens without just cause at this moment in time.

No details yet, but the National Guard killed a dude in Louisville last night (or early this a.m.).

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

It appears to me, a foreigner, that the protesters are the ones standing up for rights enshrined in the Constitution,

Unsurprising, considering the source.

There is absolutely no relation whatsoever - none between standing up for your Rights, and what these rioters are doing.

Absolutely, kill them all.

I saw one - and it was blatantly unConstitutional - from what I saw. I didn't see any rioters.

But put those same guys walking down the streets where the rioters are - no way rubber bullets/bean bags should be used, go full on hollow point and take out the trash.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It's important to note that the National Guard is comprised of regular people. I don't think you would see them firing on citizens unless something extraordinary happened.

Selective memory?

Kent State Shootings

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Evidently you don't remember the incident at Kent State University during the Vietnam War protests in the 60s. That was the National Guard firing on and killing unarmed protestors.

That's the first news report I remember seeing. I was seven, it was May 4th, 1970. I remember being shocked at the bloody face of one of the victims, my mom explaining they were shooting rubber bullets at the protesters.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If someone is throwing a firebomb at your house, with you inside, shouldn't you have the right to shoot that person?

Well, the law around here does give us that right to defend our life and property from dangerous threats.

What about when it is the National Guard shooting at you, from a distance, and you are on your own property outside your own house and just filming them? I have seen such footage.

There is a video showing National Guardsmen walking down a suburban street at night and the person filming them, from their own yard, was fired upon.

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, the people were told to get in their house and they argued that they didn't have to. The order the mayor gave said they were required to if told to by safety offices or police. So after two quick warnings they shot paintballs (so I'm told) at the residents. I think that particular scenario was unfounded and unnecessary, but I wasn't there.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

It appears to me, a foreigner, that the protesters are the ones standing up for rights enshrined in the Constitution,

Unsurprising, considering the source.

There is absolutely no relation whatsoever - none between standing up for your Rights, and what these rioters are doing.

Yes, but I differentiate between the protesters and the rioters. They are different groups of people.

Absolutely, kill them all.

And what if someone turns a gun on you or your family. Just because you are not a rioter, does not mean that you may not be targeted by mistake or evil intent. What you are suggesting is violent anarchy. The absence of rule of law.

I saw one - and it was blatantly unConstitutional - from what I saw. I didn't see any rioters.

But put those same guys walking down the streets where the rioters are - no way rubber bullets/bean bags should be used, go full on hollow point and take out the trash.

You seem to be assuming that the rioters are not going to be the ones with guns out and firing. The 2nd amendment arms everyone, even criminals. It isn't defensive because it arms both sides. It is really stupid to believe that, if you distribute weapons, that only the good guys will take them up.

And violence escalates. If you bring out guns, they will respond in kind if they have access to firearms.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, the people were told to get in their house and they argued that they didn't have to. The order the mayor gave said they were required to if told to by safety offices or police. So after two quick warnings they shot paintballs (so I'm told) at the residents. I think that particular scenario was unfounded and unnecessary, but I wasn't there.

Is the enforcement of such curfew orders, in such a way, Constitutional?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

As a Brit who lives in a country where burglars can sue me if they are injured in my home while stealing my stuff (not my personal experience but has happened here) I say you hold on to those guns with every finger you have. I do not understand what type of people are defending the riots not protests they need to stop calling them protesters, these fools are rioters and they are once again being held up by the media as heroes and brave men etc. etc. Americans need to remember who they are and what they stand for.

I do not see how this ends without either the army being brought into the streets or a major major incident and the mainstream media will be ready to shove cameras in peoples faces and pretend those doing the damage are the good guys and you at home holding your rifle or shotgun sitting feet from the front door prepared to give your life to protect what's yours and your family are the bad guys, the racists. Scary times for you yanks, protect yourselves and make this Brit proud.
I agree with everything you said, sir. Interestingly, we could never have won our independence from Britain without firearms. The North could not have defeated the South without firearms. The Allies could not have defeated the Axis without firearms. I suppose we could have deterred the Russians and Chinese after WWII with nukes alone, but we would have had to use them to preserve South Korea’s freedom. Imagine what South Korea would be like today if not for firearms.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Anyone that denies constitutional rights is not american they are traitors. Period.

<< 1   >>

join