It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to say this once, and it should be all that is needed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The United States of America has something called a Constitution, a Bill of Rights and certain guarantees unlike other countries in the world. Last night, the city of Dallas lost all forms of law enforcement as they were forced to pull back because of the number of protesters and the violence that was happening.

This, among many other reasons is exactly why the second amendment exists. You simply can not depend on the government to protect you, your family or your property in an emergency, a pandemic or any other situation that warrants immediate action.

Anyone from this point forward that advocates for taking guns away from lawful American citizens after all of this is in my personal opinion a traitor to this country and I will go a step further and say I don't even want to debate it with you. It's pointless.

If you advocate taking firearms from law abiding Americans, I consider you as the enemy, pure and simple.

+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"If you advocate taking firearms from law abiding Americans, I consider you as the enemy, pure and simple. "

Amen and amen.

Fully agree. Great post.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
The United States of America has something called a Constitution, a Bill of Rights and certain guarantees unlike other countries in the world. Last night, the city of Dallas lost all forms of law enforcement as they were forced to pull back because of the number of protesters and the violence that was happening.

This, among many other reasons is exactly why the second amendment exists. You simply can not depend on the government to protect you, your family or your property in an emergency, a pandemic or any other situation that warrants immediate action.

Anyone from this point forward that advocates for taking guns away from lawful American citizens after all of this is in my personal opinion a traitor to this country and I will go a step further and say I don't even want to debate it with you. It's pointless.
Those people who were fired upon from the street most certainly should have returned fire. But, if you are not ready for it, the moment passes you like your life leaving your body. They got lucky it was paint, not lead.
People got to smarten up, arm up, be ready and KNOW YOUR BILL OF RIGHTS. Shoulda, woulda, coulda won't work from the grave, just make you a casualty statistic.

If you advocate taking firearms from law abiding Americans, I consider you as the enemy, pure and simple.

edit on 31-5-2020 by ToddB because: won't accept entry

+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

As a Brit who lives in a country where burglars can sue me if they are injured in my home while stealing my stuff (not my personal experience but has happened here) I say you hold on to those guns with every finger you have. I do not understand what type of people are defending the riots not protests they need to stop calling them protesters, these fools are rioters and they are once again being held up by the media as heroes and brave men etc. etc. Americans need to remember who they are and what they stand for.

I do not see how this ends without either the army being brought into the streets or a major major incident and the mainstream media will be ready to shove cameras in peoples faces and pretend those doing the damage are the good guys and you at home holding your rifle or shotgun sitting feet from the front door prepared to give your life to protect what's yours and your family are the bad guys, the racists. Scary times for you yanks, protect yourselves and make this Brit proud.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Ah, so you agree with Democrats.

Will you vote Democrat also?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Every other issue aside. A person, a citizen has the right to be able to protect their house, their family and their property. I won't claim to know the British heritage on rights because I don't.

What I know is that the Constitution of the United States says "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". Now, many people want to argue..... You don't need a gun....... My contention is....... Uh, yeah, you do!

The police are happy to try to figure out how you and your family were murdered after the fact and try to bring people to justice, they just can't quite guarantee they can be there before that.

Once again, if you advocate for government confiscation of guns and against the second amendment, you are a traitor to this country, plain and simple.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ft

Every other issue aside. A person, a citizen has the right to be able to protect their house, their family and their property. I won't claim to know the British heritage on rights because I don't.

What I know is that the Constitution of the United States says "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". Now, many people want to argue..... You don't need a gun....... My contention is....... Uh, yeah, you do!

The police are happy to try to figure out how you and your family were murdered after the fact and try to bring people to justice, they just can't quite guarantee they can be there before that.

Once again, if you advocate for government confiscation of guns and against the second amendment, you are a traitor to this country, plain and simple.

Ditto. What you said!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If someone tries to torch my house, I am a pretty good shot...and I have killed deer and they were not a threat to me. I do not kill animals unless I have to or intend to consume the meat....a person breaking into my house or trying to torch it...I will have no regrets. Sure the cops would be called by me or the wife, but since the cops cannot do anything anymore because the idiots believe that the criminals have more rights than the honest people, I guess I will have to protect my own family if they do not come fast enough or come in and get the person. I am not going to be a hostage in my own house if the police show up.

I am not going to automatically shoot someone breaking in, it could be my kids or grandkids or someone needing assistance, but I will be armed and ready if they do try to get in. I also know that the cops around here do do drug busts at the wrong houses, it has happened a few times before, and I really do not want to kill a cop who made a stupid address mistake. The warrants even have the wrong addresses on them sometimes.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I've often thought that anyone holding a gun also wears a target.

Self defence can come at a very high price. Be careful and stay safe.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

These big riots, are most of them in liberal cities? I know that our local liberal town of Marquette has been having demonstrations, almost all of the protestors are white. My son in law is Hispanic but also has maybe seven percent black in him genetically, he is dark. He would probably get out and smack anyone who started throwing things at his car if he drove past the protest. Then the cops would probably arrest HIM instead of the protestor damaging his car he worked hard to pay off....because he interfered with the rights of protestors protesting against racial injustice. Good thing he is working in Alaska right now, otherwise he would be driving through the areas they are protesting at in Marquette when he goes shopping with my daughter.

edit on 31-5-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Many ATS'ers have argued that the 2nd amendment exists for citizens to defend against tyrannical government?

Definition of tyranny - Merriam Webster

It appears to me, a foreigner, that the protesters are the ones standing up for rights enshrined in the Constitution, and which are not upheld by governing authorities, and that the enforcement officers stand on the side of a tyrannical government.

Also, are you advocating that citizens should begin shooting for defense?

I have definitely seen footage of the National Guard shooting rubber bullets at unarmed citizens standing on their own property. Please explain the Constitutionality of that?

edit on 31/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Much love man, agreed! To be honest though, all the times I went hunting with my dad during bow season, I would freeze my ass off in a tree blind and let the deer walk right past because I had no interest in killing them. I just didn't wan't my dad to be disappointed with me so I always told him I never seen anything.

The first time he ever killed one and I had to help drag it back, I'll never forget it. I cried for days. Not because I'm weak and not because of anything else than I don't think we needed to kill it and it just didn't feel right.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I hear that there are protesters downtown.

I am at home, stretched out in the couch, sipping a hot cup of tea, and watching an old movie.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If someone is throwing a firebomb at your house, with you inside, shouldn't you have the right to shoot that person?

Well, the law around here does give us that right to defend our life and property from dangerous threats.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

If someone is throwing a firebomb at your house, with you inside, shouldn't you have the right to shoot that person?

Well, the law around here does give us that right to defend our life and property from dangerous threats.

We had a family meeting tonight, any violence carried out around this house that puts our family in danger will be met with the appropriate amount of retaliation. We are not now nor will ever be victims. If you assault my home, you had better mean it.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Much love man, agreed! To be honest though, all the times I went hunting with my dad during bow season, I would freeze my ass off in a tree blind and let the deer walk right past because I had no interest in killing them. I just didn't wan't my dad to be disappointed with me so I always told him I never seen anything.

The first time he ever killed one and I had to help drag it back, I'll never forget it. I cried for days. Not because I'm weak and not because of anything else than I don't think we needed to kill it and it just didn't feel right.

I shot about five or six deer in my life, I gave half of the deer meat to my uncles. I ate the rest, no waste. I only shoot bucks of a large size usually, I shot one old buck one time, it walked up to me smiling.....I should have noticed there was not a tooth in it's mouth and figured out it was an assisted suicide. Nobody could eat the meat, my uncles complained that the neighbors dogs wouldn't even eat it. It stunk. Three of the deer I shot had over a hundred thirty pounds of meat on them, one had a hundred fifty pounds of boneless meat. I will not shoot a doe or young deer and never used a blind or baited....I do not believe that is fair. Not one tooth in that deer, the older guys were showing everyone the mouth and everyone was laughing about it.

None of those deer ever were a threat to me. In the last twenty years, we have been feeding the deer at home. We have two does that come to our house almost every day, one didn't show up for two days and is now much skinnier. The other is still pregnant. We are waiting to see the little ones come with their fawns this year, they have been coming to our house for many generations now. They are our friends. We feed them potatoes, carrots, and homemade organic bread and rolls. I am paying back the deer for taking some of the bucks, we have probably spent a grand on feeding them over the last twenty years. It sucks when you get attached to them and see a dead deer on our road, some of our regulars got hit and one of the fawns did too.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You know, that deer my dad killed......... He took it to the butcher and it fed us for almost 4 months. I understood later in life why he killed it and I get it now. I'm pro hunting for food, I have no problem with people killing animals to eat them, I buy ground beef and pork chops and steak at my local market so I get it lol.

At that time in my life though, it was just really tough, it's sometimes hard to see the reality of things and come to grips and I think a lot of Americans are having that same problem with the realization they are having to face in this country right now.

You really do have to pick a side, it's so decisive, I'm not even sure there is a center right now.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

What about when it is the National Guard shooting at you, from a distance, and you are on your own property outside your own house and just filming them? I have seen such footage.

Should you open fire in your defense?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Many ATS'ers have argued that the 2nd amendment exists for citizens to defend against tyrannical government?

Definition of tyranny - Merriam Webster

It appears to me, a foreigner, that the protesters are the ones standing up for rights enshrined in the Constitution, and which are not upheld by governing authorities, and that the enforcement officers stand on the side of a tyrannical government.

Also, are you advocating that citizens should begin shooting for defense?

I have definitely seen footage of the National Guard shooting rubber bullets at unarmed citizens standing on their own property. Please explain the Constitutionality of that?

It appears to me, a citizen that has lived in large metro areas and rural settings, that you have no idea what you're talking about and without fail defend anything that supports the destruction of my country.

What about Corona. Aren't you going to tell us how the protesters are causing thousands of deaths by not staying at home?
edit on 5/31/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What about when it is the National Guard shooting at you, from a distance, and you are on your own property outside your own house and just filming them? I have seen such footage.

Should you open fire in your defense?

It's important to note that the National Guard is comprised of regular people. I don't think you would see them firing on citizens unless something extraordinary happened. That said, we are experiencing extraordinary times right now but I don't think we can expect the National Guard to start firing on citizens without just cause at this moment in time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join