It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality at anti-police brutality protests. We cannot ignore this.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Meh, don't be sorry... just try to see it without bias (which is impossible, but one can try). There are rare people who struggle out of the worst conditions, but they're either very special or need some sort of instruction and role model.

I'm fairly certain that most of the anti-societal hard cases would have been decent community members if raised well with access to a modicum of resources.

Note careful qualifying word "most."

Maybe I have odd perspective as I've lived with both affluence and poverty, with light and darker pigments. The people are the same , but it's the environment, opportunities and availability of information that differs.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Since some people seem to believe even UFO footage more than clear examples of police brutality, I suppose I have to keep this going.

Here's a clip from Seattle tonight. A bunch of PEACEFUL protestors chanting "you don't see a riot here, take off your riot gear". Police peacefully respond by firing tear gas into the crowd.

This video got lost in the thread earlier but it's worth resurfacing and showing the other angle. At least a few cops were fired, but the woman will be traumatized for life by this

Two young/middle aged white men standing casually in the street all by themselves. Shot. link

The police reaction to this compared to a few weeks ago when protestors stormed the Michigan capitol with assault rifles is astonishing.

Combine this with the recent declaration that ANTIFA is a domestic terrorist organization, the government will be able to claim that anyone that disagrees with the totalitarian state is ANTIFA so that they can sic militarized police on you. If you don't see that this is going NOW, then it is already too late.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

that clip from seattle is insane. I wish i could say there's no way anyone could defend behaviour like that, except for all the things just as bad we've seen them defending in the last couple of days. it's sickening, and at this point i can't think what it would take to make things better.
edit on 2-6-2020 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

that clip from seattle is insane. I wish i could say there's no way anyone could defend behaviour like that, except for all the things just as bad we've seen them defending in the last couple of days. it's sickening, and at this point i can't think what it would take to make things better.

I know ATS is a microcosm in the grand scheme of things, but I am TERRIFIED by the complacency here. With all the talk about prepping for collapse and martial law and what not, why is everyone a-OK with the president wanting to use military force to KILL American citizens? Why can everyone see through the Taliban as a bogeyman designed to justify killing innocent civilians to make capitalist power grabs abroad, but can't see that declaring ANTIFA as a domestic terrorist group can be used for the same thing here? How can everyone rip apart mass shooting events here as false flags every. single. time... but can't fathom that something fishy could be going on with otherwise peaceful protests here to justify an escalation of violence on citizens?

edit on 2-6-2020 by solarjetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sometimes peaceful protests don’t work.
Just ask our Founding Fathers.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman

originally posted by: continuousThunder

I know ATS is a microcosm in the grand scheme of things, but I am TERRIFIED by the complacency here. With all the talk about prepping for collapse and martial law and what not, why is everyone a-OK with the president wanting to use military force to KILL American citizens? Why can everyone see through the Taliban as a bogeyman designed to justify killing innocent civilians to make capitalist power grabs abroad, but can't see that declaring ANTIFA as a domestic terrorist group can be used for the same thing here? How can everyone rip apart mass shooting events here as false flags every. single. time... but can't fathom that something fishy could be going on with otherwise peaceful protests here to justify an escalation of violence on citizens?

I'm all for shooting looters on sight, especially if it is me or mine. It would stop very quickly.

Resisting arrest out after curfew = tazed and arrested
edit on 3-6-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman
Well, this is just rich.

I'm seeing way too many threads condemning the worst aspects of the protests and not enough questions around what is causing them to escalate to that point. At least one thread acknowledges the possibility of agent provocateurs or outsider groups initiating the property destruction and looting. The other component we need to talk about is what the police themselves are doing.

Here is a compilation of just a fraction of what's happening which should be appalling to anyone with an ounce of humanity. Highlights include:
- Driving directly into a crowd of protestors
- Trampling a young woman with a horse
- Macing someone who is helping up another protestor who fell to the ground
- Drive-by macing dozens of people just standing around
- Macing someone FROM BEHIND WHILE THEY WERE WALKING AWAY

Am I condoning the violence and looting? Obviously not. BUT, it is painfully obvious to me that the police are far too often NOT keeping the peace and in fact the ones escalating situations, which is... exactly what the protests were originally about!!

Here is another clip which leaves me with no words, and could use its own thread to be honest.

Police shooting at residents in their own homes

Here we have what appears to be a military tactical vehicle followed by about two dozen police in riot gear walking right down the middle of a RESIDENTIAL street in Minneapolis. They yell at residents, including the cameraperson to get inside their houses, and after a few seconds you hear one of them yell "Light 'em up" following by shots at the cameraperson-- who is, mind you, standing in the doorway of their house.

Where are all the adamant "last defense against tyranny" gun supporters? If tyranny looked like anything to me, this is it.

We are in for a long summer.

The Commie Cops are winning.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's a chicken or the egg situation.

However, once the riots start it's no longer a protest. If you stay, expect to be treated like a rioter and not a protester.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Free speech is not a crime.

Peaceful assembly is not a crime.

The right of the press is not a crime.

Defend these:

A protester knelt down to tell police he loves and respects them. They threw him in jail.
Twitter

Police: "If you do not move, you will be dead."

Police drag protester off sidewalk

ATL: Boxed in by police and arrested

DC: Police assault protesters not fighting back with backs turned

Grand Rapids: man shot POINT BLANK in the face with a canister:

Florida Newspaper Reporters Detained With Zip Ties While Covering Tampa-Area Protests

I could go on.

These are clear instances of police brutality, assault, overreach and violations of rights.

This is NOT acceptable in America, why people are not going to just go home, and is a reason for the protests in general.

America is sick.
edit on 3-6-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join