It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality at anti-police brutality protests. We cannot ignore this.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
this is the clip that probably hit me hardest.
Sums up the reality of the situation for so many.
This guy is so eloquent and so clearly full of love
and it matters # to the piggies.
anyone wanna try to justify this go right ahead

video on twitter

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: solarjetman

No thats not all people want.

If they al;l only wanted accountability, they wouldnt have groups stealing tvs, starting fires, shouting death to white people, shouting eat the rich, etc.

If they wanted accountability, they would have protested over tony timpa, the video I showed above.

They didnt.

There are protestors that want justice

None of the rioters care about that at all.

I guarantee you if the police were actually held accountable for their actions, and Chauvin was immediately arrested, none of this would even be happening. Now that it IS happening, yes we do have BOTH peaceful protestors AND people who are out to loot or generally cause chaos.

I see that you're making a distinction between legitimate protestors and rioters. I agree. The thing that bothers me is that some people earlier in the thread are lumping them all together and justifying police attacking people peacefully and LEGALLY protesting, and even justifying shooting at people standing in the doorways of their own homes because they're in their feelings. How is any of this okay?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

video on twitter

This video is quite powerful and summarizes the OP maybe even better than what's posted there. Why someone could see the officers' action as anything but the opposite of "keeping the peace" is anyone's guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut

Can you show me where this narrative

these cops all are racist murders

has been upheld in court?

Thanks in advance

Ex-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin charged with murder in George Floyd case - NBC News

They all stood by for 8 and 1/2 minutes while Chauvin kneeled on the neck of George Floyd, who was saying he couldn't breathe. And for more than 2 minutes after he was unconscious. Does that not sound excessive to you? They essentially stood by watching George Floyd being killed.

Is that a 'normal' way to act?

And he was arrested and charged with murder

Let’s burn the city down.

Even though when a black cop murdered a white woman in Minnesota last year, YOU did not express an ounce of outrage. Even though when black thugs murder white cops every single week in the USA, NOBODY fakes outrage and burns cities down.

The cop murdered Mr Floyd, or so it would seem, and he was arrested and charged.

Well, I had no idea that a black cop murdered a white woman in Minnesota last year, but now that I do, I'm outraged. I hope he got charged and is serving time.

Also, I personally think this is a massive false flag operation, with someone organizing things and supplying bricks/pavers. With Caucasian white supremacists, all in black, doing the actual looting and rioting, so that the peaceful protesters are blamed.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I mean technically if its okay for this overreaction would it not mean that based on the statistical propensity for a cop to be violently attacked or killed by a black person over a white person not justify whatever actions are taken by them?

In fact based simply on a comparative reaction they would actually be actively hunting them down.
edit on 6/1/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
arent the police supposed to arrest and then the court decide sentence, well in most civilised countries anyway, whatever crime is comitted a LEOs job is to bring perp to court for a relevant sentence to be handed out, seems like that too often gets forgotten in America and street justice is handed out

No crime in any of those videos (theft,vandalism,violence,assualt) is the sentence to be ran over or trampled by a horse, its not GOT or Mad Max, with behaviour like this from the supposed Law it will do nothing to resolve the situation. Each of those crimes has had a sentence determined by the legal system and none of the sentences is street justice.

Yes being a police officer is hard, becaause humans often show poor attitude and can become hostile, but how the authority should not respond is with equal dumb acts of violence.

edit

right to free speech, not arrested or removed

yet in you example

video on twitter

arrested and removed by cops, double standards? most people not blinded by politics will see it that way
edit on 1-6-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: update

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

When you deal with scum all day every day, some of it's going to rub off.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It's amazing how the people that were claiming just a few days ago that being required to wear a mask is tyranny have no problem with the police viciously attacking people that aren't breaking the law and are merely exercising their First Amendment rights.

One of these things definitely seems way more tyrannical than the others.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

video on twitter

That's #ing shocking, that's just so messed up its beyond words...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ok this is long, sorry. I've watched the video all the way through. I've even watched it at slower speeds so I would be able to see everything.
First I will say this, there is no context. The clips show nothing of what happened leading up to the incidents. It should be obvious, but it seems that the person making the compilation as well as you don't seem to realize that it's important when you are trying to make a real point.

1. Guy was yelling (sounds like, “I'm a white boy”) at the cop egging him to do something, so lots of disrespect and stupidity on his part.
2. Cops were trying to go through slowly and the (moronic) people push back (against a f*ing car!) so cops roll through a little faster. Can you blame them? If they sit there, they could be targets for violence. People were so stupid that they didn't even try to get out of the way when the cars started rolling!
3. Girl stands (foolishly) in the front of an advancing line of police officers. Did she really think they'd stop? So of course she gets knocked off balance. No one hit her, she got pushed and she lost her balance.
4. Girl is advancing towards the cop and he pushes her. She proceeds to milk it by rolling all over for the dramatic effect. I've fallen harder than that, and got back up, not rolled around, and I'm a 49 year old overweight woman!
5. Cop on horse walking towards group, horse steps on girl's foot, she falls and the horse is still walking. The cop clearly steers the horse away from her. He didn't deliberately seek her out and trample her as you say.
6. I honestly don't know what is going on here, because, no context. Plus you can't even see who is spraying the pepper spray.
7. I see nothing wrong here. They were trying to make sure people didn't advance on them and swarm the cars as these nutjobs have done so many times before. I can't hate on a cop who is trying to protect him/herself.
8. Guy does not move out of the way when relatively fast moving car is coming towards him. Honestly, it looks like the officer is trying to veer away from him, but can't go far because of the idiots on the other side! Plus, the guy was still standing. How hard could he have been hit?
9. I kinda like this one! People blocking street so cars (civilians) can't get through. Officer comes along and shoves the guy away from the car. The guy is clearly headed for going back into the street so the officer comes to push him back again. Maybe the guy did something worse before this video started, we don't know. Cop contiues pushing people out of the way saying, “get out of here.” He's trying to get the idiots out of the way. The guy approaches behind him to, hmm, congratulate him? No, pretty sure he was gonna mess with the cop (you can see his arm raised towards the cop), so he gets shoved also. Then another person is right up at someone's car, so the cop grabs him/her too. What the hell is wrong with these people?!
10. Ok. This one I concede, it looks wrong.
11. I see nothing here. I don't know what that thing he's pointing is. And whatever it is, it didn't shoot anything.
12. *sigh Another one where the officer gestures and tells the woman to move so he can get by, she gets up in his face yelling more. He shoves her away. Everyone freaks. Morons.
13. Again. The guy is being told to move along, and instead of just doing that, he turns around to confront the officers. I'm running out of synonyms for stupid. So, he gets physically moved. I see no issue. He continues to turn to face the officers while they tell him to go. I'm smart, I would have kept quiet and moved along. Go figure. I know enough to not disrespect the officers that way.
14. I see police trying to apprehend people. People are struggling which requires a heavier hand in dealing with them. Guy running away is resisting arrest, a crime, so clearly he has no respect for the law. We don't know what he did to be detained, or the others in the background, because we don't have context that happened before this clip. Guy on the bike, no idea, again we didn't see what happened before they were trying to detain him. Maybe nothing, we don't know.

My takeaway from your OP and your opinions? You are as foolish as the “protesters” are. You ran with the video saying it's proof of police brutality. In reality, the officers are trying to do their job and keeping the peace. They are not there to harass, but when pushed to the extremes they are reacting in ways you may not be able to understand because you are not in their shoes.
Another thing you succeeded in is confirming that these “protesters” are neither smart, nor respectful. They deserve what they get. They go to these things knowing from previous events that it can turn ugly. So why on earth would they agitate the situation more?
I have no issues with the police. But then again, I don't make waves, I don't commit crimes, and above all I am respctful of them.
This video is not proof of police brutality.

Oh by the way here's another one for ya! It warms my heart to see a cop not taking sh** from some punk.
Score!

edit on 1-6-2020 by Ellie Sagan because: misspelling

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

You are absolutely wrong

People rioters over Michael brown and the officer Darren Wilson, and Wilson was 100 percent in innocent of any crime

This cop who killed Floyd was arrested after a few days

It stopped nothing

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Not sure what the you are really upset with here?

So during riots across the country where police are being attacked this guy sounded reasonable, and police took him

They didn’t beat him, we have no proof he was charged with a crime

We don’t know what was happening before this

Maybe the police told this crowd for an hour they had to move

Maybe they loved this gentleman because they were about to use tear gas to force the crowd to move and didn’t want him to suffer that

I have no clue

I know I watched live streams last night where else rap times I would see the police try to act reasonable, and back down from a street, only to have the crowd immediately start throwing things at them and attacking as the police stood down

To somehow claims that this footage is indicative of cops being bad is completely antithetical to what the man is saying, that we shouldn’t judge people in one incident, particularly if we don’t have the context

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Crazy isn’t it?

I mean, I wonder why you knew about this murder, but not when the white lady was killed?

Surely he media, Antifa, blm and the democrats pushed that story and wanted justice just as hard

Oh wait they didn’t, because this was never about justice, it’s about race baiting to obtain power for those who control the narrative

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why weren’t there riots after the killing of Justine Diamond?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476

Why weren’t there riots after the killing of Justine Diamond?

Crazy right?

Or the death of tony timpa, white guy, police but their knee on his neck and back, suffocated him while laughing about it, and joking the killed him.

Or daniel shaver, white guy, balling his eyes out begging for his life as he crawled and the police shot him.

Almost like this isnt about justice at all, its about pushing a false race baiting narrative that communist can then take control of to burn down the country.
edit on 1-6-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Crazy isn’t it?

I mean, I wonder why you knew about this murder, but not when the white lady was killed?

Surely he media, Antifa, blm and the democrats pushed that story and wanted justice just as hard

Oh wait they didn’t, because this was never about justice, it’s about race baiting to obtain power for those who control the narrative

I agree that this is a grab for power.

Tell me, though, who ends up with the power if martial law gets established? Not Antifa, BLM, the general American citizenry, or the Democrats. So who?

This has happened before, this will happen again...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

But are you a self professed member of antifa?

I have no political affiliations.

But to be associated with Anti-Fascist is a compliment, no?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

When you deal with scum all day every day, some of it's going to rub off.

Yes.

There's more to it, though, than so many people simply being "scum." They didn't start that way.

One can hear the words about "economic and societal oppression," but not "get" what that means.

Do the "walk in their shoes" bit. Think about starting out in this world disadvantaged and different.

Add systemic, daily negative responses from most people you have contact with. Negative crap every day without a break or realistic hope it will change.

Basically, you're seen as lesser simply because of expectations and not because of your actions. It's enough to turn some people scummy.

edit: and add in lousy to no education and a severe lack of role models due to "socioeconomic conditions" and it gets bleak.

edit on 6/1/2020 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Sorry. It is about one's inner core. Some people start off in the world in the worst of the worst circumstances and yet, they make something of themselves, rising above it.

Others are just crap people with crap attitudes and crap to their core.

I, for one, am tired of cutting these thugs any slack at all, no matter their status in life, including professors that push anarchy.

Time people realize some people just hate our country and their fellow man, and the whole world including themselves. They're psychopaths with no conscience.

Time to face it and time to stop excusing their behavior.

edit on 1-6-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's amazing how the people that were claiming just a few days ago that being required to wear a mask is tyranny have no problem with the police viciously attacking people that aren't breaking the law and are merely exercising their First Amendment rights.

One of these things definitely seems way more tyrannical than the others.

Theft and destruction of someone else's s# is not covered under the 1st. Nice try, but it was a very lazy & limp-wang try at manipulated spinning.

Good luck on your next attempt, though I doubt you'll be successful at it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join