It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two Brothers Get Death Penalty For Religious Killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Two brothers have been sentenced to death for thier participation in five murders. The murders came as part of a odd plan to save the word from Satan. prophet Glenn Taylor Helzer and his younger brother Justin Alan Helzer hatched a plot to extort $100,000 to start a self-awareness group he hoped would spread peace and love and save the world. Many of the victims were found dismembered in Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta.

sfgate.com
Two brothers were formally sentenced to death Friday in Contra Costa County for their roles in the murders of five people as part of a bizarre crusade to save the world from Satan.

In pronouncing the verdicts for would-be prophet Glenn Taylor Helzer and his younger brother Justin Alan Helzer, Superior Court Judge Mary Ann O'Malley sided with juries that previously rejected arguments that the brothers were insane at the time of the killings in the summer of 2000.

The murders arose from a plot to extort $100,000 so that Glenn Helzer could start a self-awareness group he hoped would spread peace and love and save the world. Several of the victims were dismembered and dumped in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can still remember when the murders came to light. The death penalty is totally justified in this case and I am glad to see that the "insanity" defense was rejected. No doubt that this case will be appealed over and over, and the families will have to wait for justice to be served. The other issue is this: The eldest brother pleaded guilty knowing it was a death penalty case. Why does he get an appeal? The state should present its evidence and warm up the cell at San Quentin.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
For the future posters. Please do not blame this on Christianity! This is purely the work of evil and of the insane. God did not order this! He did not tell them to do this! Satan did, and its things like this that will lead you to be deceived into the further persecution of True Christians such as myself. Please dont believe the lies!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It wasn't God, Satan, Frank Sinatra's ghost or anyone else that told these two to commit those horrible acts. They are straight up loco plain and simple. If your that far unhinged your mind can make you do anything and do it with conviction.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
*snort*
If these boys didn't have a chemical imbalance to explain it, then the process that leads to such insanity (believe me, it's not such a scary path to start out on, it's the latter stages that are frightening) makes it very hard to not believe in some form of temptor. Satan is just a name given to the source of the temptation. What worries me is the thought processes that lead to such stupidity.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm gonna take a guess.

I'll say about 10 years before either of them gets the needle?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Look at what religon does to some people....
And they ban marijuana? HA

new topics

top topics

join