It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live looting in Philadelphia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I'm at the point where I wish the police would just open fire. Seriously, would mankind really suffer a loss if these looters were killed?

Not really, it wouldn't be a loss. But it would just fuel more people to do the same s# in bigger numbers.

I'm a supporter of the non-lethal tools like ADS being deployed in abundance, though. Cause enough people severe temporary pain, and the cockroaches will eventually give up -- as I said the other day in another thread, normal humans generally aren't fans of pain & will avoid it.

That said, my husband supports domestic LEOs switching from standard tear gas to the more powerful CS gas. My reply to him kinda just fell out of the piehole, "VX would be better."
I'm of course not serious about nuking groups with nerve gas. My sense of humor is turning pretty dark as of late.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They definitely need to do something to deter these looters and anarchists. Sitting back and doing nothing has emboldened them. Yes, the death of Mr. Floyd was a tragedy but these are not protests. Any peaceful "protester" that is still out and about with these hoodlums is apparently too ignorant to separate themselves from the riff-raff at this point and should suffer the same consequences. I'm all for lethal options to end this madness.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Never been a racist before, but this whole debacle is showing the true color of black.
a reply to: tinktinktink

what does that mean??

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Wow there was lots of abandoned police vehicles lined up, i wonder how that situation happened..
a reply to: solve

Because I think the police centralised in one location then the looters went to a different location got police attention came back to where the police vehicles were because the police ran to chase them away from one location.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Madness!

I'm watching on FOX right now.

This is insane!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Never been a racist before, but this whole debacle is showing the true color of black.
a reply to: tinktinktink

what does that mean??

They're saying that even if you aren't a racist, it's pretty hard to watch all this coverage and not point out the fact that it's 99% black folk vandalizing and looting out there. In short, these looters are reinforcing the long held stereotypes held by many racists and it isn't doing anyone any favors.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
a reply to: Nyiah

They definitely need to do something to deter these looters and anarchists. Sitting back and doing nothing has emboldened them. Yes, the death of Mr. Floyd was a tragedy but these are not protests. Any peaceful "protester" that is still out and about with these hoodlums is apparently too ignorant to separate themselves from the riff-raff at this point and should suffer the same consequences. I'm all for lethal options to end this madness.

I agree (but disagree on the lethal route -- it also emboldens) which is why I understand the need for & agree with enacting the Insurrection Act & Article 10. The police are split up and scattered around trying to defend too much with not enough people to do the jobs effectively. They are, bluntly speaking, utterly overwhelmed and cannot effectively police at all this way. They need help, thus the NG has a duty to do so, be it when asked or when the writing is on the wall in big ol' bold fonts.

As a quick side note, hopefully, I'm a broken record about them enough for people to look these up & study them -- they're longstanding legit routes to use. The Insurrection Act, for example, came about in 1807, and it was good enough to use in 1992 during the LA Riots. To insinuate it has no place in law today is naive, and boneheaded.
edit on 5/31/2020 by Nyiah because: Fat-fingered keys again, argh.

edit on 5/31/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I really hope that all the stores that got looted and burned by these animals never return. Move the business where they don't have to put up with this garbage.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looking at some of these looting videos makes me think that lethal force is in order. It's absolutely disgusting to watch and its all being done with the knowledge that they won't be shot for the robberies or excessive violence we've seen so far. Maybe a couple of dead looters is exactly whats needed to stop this nonsense.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

What they need is Roof Koreans!

Remember those guys?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No wonder America produces good black athletes.

They know how to run.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
To add further to his explanation that is spot on. These folks doing this and ruining the lives of others show no morsl code and this tells me the majority of these folks were raised by folks with similar moral code. This is no longer about floyd but about the abhoront wonton destruction and assault on innocent people with out any remorse perputrated by black youth raised by folks who feel the same way.

Their very culture and attitude toward others is despicable and nothing short of barbarionism and an obvious disregard the average americans way of life. Tell me the folks murdering in chicago every week are raised by someone with the least bit of moral descency and I will call you absurd.

If white folks behaved in this manner when one of there children were raped or murdered Its call lynching when black folks do it its call protesting;

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this surprises anyone.

At the best of times Philly is a frustrating city and I lived in South Philly for 15 years and worked 100 feet from City Hall for 8 years.

You have people being locked up with COVID.
You have a horrible, brutal crime committed by the 4 officers in Michigan.
You have the average mix of people in Philly which is basically just pouring gas on the above two.

I'm not interested in people claiming that all those acting as criminals are justified. They aren't and hope eventually those thugs are arrested.

For those out there protesting because they want the system changed I want them to succeed and not get lumped in with the common criminals doing the damage.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I’ve been to philly...
This could be any normal Tuesday

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Novel Idea if the vast majority of a certain race quit breaking the law then Leo wouldnt profile them. The facts speak for themselves The Prisons are full of lawbreakers of a certain color and the courthouse actually is required to give certain folks lower sentences because they can't help themselves but to break the law.

The true act of racism is ignoring these issues because the sking of someones color. Stop breaking the law is change we can all believe in.
edit on 31-5-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's not looting...
It's justice-ing....

It's neither.

It's the police.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No police response.

Those are the police.

They are instigating the looting and riots.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Have you noticed that the Majority of Violent Acts are being Perpetrated in Liberal Blue State Cities > ? A Cowinkydink there Maybe ? And What are those Cowardly Dem Mayors doing about it ? ...Hmm...

edit on 31-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Did I miss something on the news today here in Michigan? What 4 Michigander officers and when?

Quite possible you're mixing up states and mean Minnesota for...can't remember anyone's names, but the cop/arrested guy duo used as an excuse that kicked this all off.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: opethPA

Did I miss something on the news today here in Michigan? What 4 Michigander officers and when?

Quite possible you're mixing up states and mean Minnesota for...can't remember anyone's names, but the cop/arrested guy duo used as an excuse that kicked this all off.

Yup, mistype on my part.
Fixing the post above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join