It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: ANTIFA. Will be designated as terrorist group! FINALLY

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

Sunday afternoon, President Donald Trump tweeted that he was designating Antifa as a terrorist organization.

I hope the terrorists are dealt with swiftly, but firmly.

God have mercy on them, because the United States will not.
edit on 5/31/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The absolute best news that could have ever come out of this cluster eff.

That's why he will still get my vote in 2020.

His haters should be advised.

Independents have seen what's gone on the past few days with how his critics run things.

If he doesn't win. It will be because he was cheated.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Exactly right neo

I think Patriots will refuse to live under any future prospective LW tyranny. If we have to split in two, so be it. Itd merely be formalizing the existing irreconcilable divide.

There's little espoused by modern democrats we can compromise without also compromising our Constitution.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What happened to my post?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

About time !

Now I want to see results, immediately.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What happened to my post?

Twitter intercepted it.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Did you post this already? Breaking news 10 mins ago

If so I'll change my OP to a link to your post

+20 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Terrorists, huh?

In my long absence recently from ATS ... I had carte blanche to take terrorists out from long range across the Middle East and North Africa.

Retired now. Nothing better to do. God help them if my phone starts ringing.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Independents have seen what's gone on the past few days with how his critics run things.

If he doesn't win. It will be because he was cheated.

I don't think most voters are going to be voting based off of the past week.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Some voters change their minds when the wind changes direction.

It's about time these terrorists were classified as such. I thought Trump was going to do this two years ago but I guess it's better late than never.

When can we start eliminating them?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Between lockdowns and feckless D leadership in those cities.

You might be surprised just how upset a majority of folks will be.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Quite a few people have been waiting to be unleashed.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Long overdue. The type of behavior we've seen from that group in recent years has no place in civil society.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Oh, this is awkward.

I disagree.

When Obama admin folks wanted to name vets as potential domestic terrorists, I knew then that this "labeling" would get politicized.

Now? Now we can "label" anyone we want as ANTIFA or "ANTIFA-minded" and ruin their lives.

Sure, some, many deserve nothing more than a throat-punch, but all?

This is a slippery slope.

Imagine if Biden or a Hillary-type gets in office and they label anyone owning a firearm as a "domestic terrorist".

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
McCa rthy piece on FOX talking about Att. Gen. Barr's statements from yesterday.

The Feds may be about to open the door to insurrection on this.

Barr added: “In many places, it appears the violence is planned, organized and driven by anarchist and far left extremists, using Antifa-like tactics, many of whom travel from out of state to promote the violence.”

The mention of Antifa is significant. It is a loosely-knit, interstate movement whose objective is to wage a terrorist war against the United States, using violence against the government and our civilian infrastructure.

Equally salient is the attorney general’s assertion that the radical groups involved in the rioting are pursuing a specific, violent agenda. That obviously refers to the ongoing campaign to coerce acceptance by the country of these groups’ counter-constitutional totalitarianism. Barr vowed that the Justice Department will take enforcement action across the nation.

They seem to have the intel to put this together into an agenda and a coordinated effort, not random, spontaneous violence erupting everywhere all at once.

The DoJ may be looking at using the same Civil War Era statute that was used against the Blind Sheikh, one that was enacted against "seditious conspiracy". All that's apparently needed to begin (key element) is violence which we have ample amounts of right now. The planned violence is what separates legitimate protest from insurrection.

The attorney general also pointed out in his statement that it is a federal crime to cross state lines or use interstate facilities in order to incite or participate in rioting. Indeed it is, and this also raises the specter of federal racketeering laws.

So they may also be looking at racketeering too. It's used on a more commerce level, but when you start talking about widespread looting and destruction of citizens' livelihoods and property, that impacts commerce on a widespread level, especially when you see this kind of coordinated looting in so many places all at once.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There isn’t even a comparison between vets and an organization like Antifa. They literally match the definition of a terrorist group. Did you mean a specific veteran group?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Oh, this is awkward.

I disagree.

When Obama admin folks wanted to name vets as potential domestic terrorists, I knew then that this "labeling" would get politicized.

Now? Now we can "label" anyone we want as ANTIFA or "ANTIFA-minded" and ruin their lives.

Sure, some, many deserve nothing more than a throat-punch, but all?

This is a slippery slope.

Imagine if Biden or a Hillary-type gets in office and they label anyone owning a firearm as a "domestic terrorist".

I'm afraid members of antifa would celebrate the US government labeling them as terrorists. emboldens them and gives them credibility. Not a good move imo especially now

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well I definitely enjoy seeing ATS members show their true colours

Why don't you get up in arms that the KKK have still yet to be designated a terrorist organization?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The key difference is when they cross over into organized violence as a group.

Like it or not, any group that wants to eventually start some sort of revolution will cross over into that territory - being designated as terrorists/insurrectionists - by the government structure they rebel against. The Founders were.

The key here is whether or not any one group will garner enough support from among the general populace to actually be able to carry their revolt all the way to their goal -> actually overthrowing the government.

I don't think ANTIFA can. Do you?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

In 2009, DHS wrote a report warning that returning vets might join extremist groups etc.

They walked it back, but they tried then to label vets then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join