It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Cuomo is Squirming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
NY Gov Cuomo is on TV right now saying how police brutality has been an issue since Rodney King and he wants independent investigations by the State AG into every incident of police brutality. Wants to open up the officer's personnel files. And if the government won't investigate then vote them out of office.

He was the Attorney General of New York from 2007–2010 and has been Gov since 2011 so what exactly has he done for these dozen years when he had this power to investigate police and force open files?

Most NY State Police don't wear body cams. What's he doing about that since 2011?

I love watching all these government officials squirming.

Summary of Bill to repeal NY 50-a Law that allows police to withhold records.
nyassembly.gov...

edit on 31-5-2020 by Identified because: Add info

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Seriously. Anyone that holds Cuomo up as some kind of hero is simply brainwashed.

+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified
Cuomo is the same as Biden, Pelosi, Waters...all the old-timers who have been our so-called LEADERS for many years. They WHINE today, but have nothing to show for past accomplishments.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
well he probally had to after those two NYPD suvs rammed into the crowds of protestors . wonder what the total death toll for all of the various riots/protests is gonna be?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

My gut says this is shenanigans... there's a loophole here somewhere big enough to drive a Mack truck though...

For example, I know that some union contracts forbid publicly releasing an LEO's personnel records. So even if they change the law, the union contract might still be in effect, thus effectively continuing to hide records.

That's just a possibility that came to mind. But I'd bet there's some kind of wiggle room here.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Cuomo getting exposed as the phony he is and always has been 😎

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
twitter.com... think NYPD is done screwing around this is from times square

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's possible there are loopholes but a union or business contract doesn't trump a Law and shouldn't be allowed to be used as an excuse as this 50-a is abusing.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I have no problem with them taking him off the car but when in takes 12 cops to even get him under control then that's a list of police who need some remedial training.

It also makes me wonder why exactly they keep driving these vehicles into these riots and parking them for them to be trashed and burned. Another example of police not being able to intelligently mitigate.

Cuomo is clueless if he thinks a simple investigation and open files is going to solve the problem.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: Boadicea

It's possible there are loopholes but a union or business contract doesn't trump a Law and shouldn't be allowed to be used as an excuse as this 50-a is abusing.

I agree -- no doubt! But I've just seen it happen too many times.

It will all depend on how the (final) law is written, which will show the true intent. The law will have to specifically require that personnel records pertaining to public duties are deemed public records and must be made available to the public.

If the law simply states, "We will no longer keep personnel records confidential," they are leaving the door wide open for other means (such as unions) to keep the records confidential.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

i think hes trying to avoid a repeat of the la riots when the cops cut and ran and then we got roof top koreans droping rioters on live tv if the cops publicly fall back in a city as large as NYC it will BURN as rioters will think they are winning

www.insider.com... tm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0hhcUy_1O7Y0DxA7AVtXd6H1iiFb5YJccp0EMbNfaO8zGPg6N6LIb1M5I

NY police commissioner says he's 'extremely proud' of department as videos surface showing officers using excessive force and plowing cars into protesters
so i dont think were done with these by a long shot

en.wikipedia.org... edit to add context for my la riots part

Korean Americans See also: History of Korean Americans in Los Angeles Many Korean Americans in Los Angeles refer to the event as Sa-I-Gu, meaning "four-two-nine" in the Korean language (4.29), in reference to April 29, 1992, which was the day the riots started. Over 2,300 mom-and-pop shops run by Korean business owners were damaged through ransacking and looting during the riots, sustaining close to $400 million in damages.[99] During the riots, Korean Americans received very little aid or protection from police authorities, due to their low social status and language barriers.[100] Many Koreans rushed to Koreatown after Korean-language radio stations called for volunteers to guard against rioters. Many were armed, with a variety of improvised weapons, handguns, shotguns, and semi-automatic rifles.[101] David Joo, a manager of the gun store, said, "I want to make it clear that we didn't open fire first. At that time, four police cars were there. Somebody started to shoot at us. The LAPD ran away in half a second. I never saw such a fast escape. I was pretty disappointed." Carl Rhyu, also a participant in the Koreans' armed response, said, "If it was your own business and your own property, would you be willing to trust it to someone else? We are glad the National Guard is here. They're good backup. But when our shops were burning we called the police every five minutes; no response."[102] At a shopping center several miles north of Koreatown, Jay Rhee, who said he and others fired five hundred shots into the ground and air, said, "We have lost our faith in the police. Where were you when we needed you?" Koreatown was isolated from South Central Los Angeles, yet despite this, it was the most severely damaged in the riots.[100] Television coverage of two Korean merchants firing pistols repeatedly at roving looters was widely seen and controversial. The New York Times said: "that the image seemed to speak of race war, and of vigilantes taking the law into their own hands."[102] The merchants were reacting to the shooting of Mr. Park's wife and her sister by looters who had converged on the shopping center where the shops were located.[102] The riots have been considered a major turning point in the development of a distinct Korean American identity and community. Korean Americans responded in various ways, including the development of new ethnic agendas and organization and increased political activism. Preparations One of the largest armed camps in Los Angeles's Koreatown was at the California Market. On the first night after the officers' verdicts were returned, Richard Rhee, the market owner, set up camp in the parking lot with about 20 armed employees.[103] One year after the riots, fewer than one in four damaged or destroyed businesses had reopened, according to the survey conducted by the Korean-American Inter-Agency Council.[104] According to a Los Angeles Times survey conducted eleven months after the riots, almost 40 percent of Korean Americans said they were thinking of leaving Los Angeles.[105] Before a verdict was issued in the new 1993 Rodney King federal civil rights trial against the four officers, Korean shop owners prepared for the worst. Gun sales went up, many to persons of Korean descent, some merchants at flea markets removed merchandise from shelves, and they fortified storefronts with extra Plexiglas and bars. Throughout the region, merchants readied to defend themselves.[104] College student Elizabeth Hwang spoke of the attacks on her parents' convenience store in 1992. She said at the time of the 1993 trial, they had been armed with a Glock 17 pistol, a Beretta, and a shotgun, and they planned to barricade themselves in their store to fight off looters.[104] Some Koreans formed armed militia groups following the 1992 riots. Speaking just prior to the 1993 verdict, Yong Kim, leader of the Korea Young Adult Team of Los Angeles, which purchased five AK-47s, said "We made a mistake last year. This time we won't. I don't know why Koreans are always a special target for African-Americans, but if they are going to attack our community, then we are going to pay them back."[104]
so as the riots continue expect factions to start to form to protect their ethic businesses and enclaves and unless control can be achieved expect it to continue , there is already footage of Italian Americans defending their stores with shotguns and ar-15s
edit on 31-5-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Holeee sh**! I had to show that to my husband and watched it more than once... How satisfying to watch! The girl screaming is f'ing clueless... THEY are starting the sh**, but can't handle the consequences.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

That guy is going to need a new pair of under shorts when he is remanded to the county jail.

I think it lucky for him that he had the Vanilla Sky mask on, otherwise the guaranteed look of sheer terror on his face would have been immortalized on memes for years to come.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Throw the whole Cuomo in the trash where he belongs. Just another useless talking head/frontpiece for the Wall St./Bilderberg coven.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
Nice!!

Reading the comments, this whole ordeal is blown out of control and people just want it to end, alot of good civil folks.

top topics

join