It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Melvin Carter: 'Every Single Person Arrested Was From Out of State'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The Mayor is not saying out of town he is saying out of STATE ! I suspect more than a few of us have thought this was a planned and financed operation once it first started as face it, most people would not travel out of state on their own dime to steal and burn down businesses.

The next thing will probably be another lock down because the rioters will all be claimed to have been infected with COVID-19 and are super spreaders or something..

St. Paul, Minnesota Mayor Melvin Carter said that all of the protesters who were arrested in his city the previous night were from out of state.

Carter said there were not a high number of arrests, but suggested out-of-staters are the ones fueling the agitation and violence.

“Because we had a relative stillness in St. Paul, we didn’t make an enormous number of arrests, but every single person we arrested last night, I’m told, was from out of state. What we are seeing right now is a group of people who are not from here,” Carter said at a press conference.

thinkamericana.com...

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I can consider this official confirmation of the claim, and am a big enough girl to say "Looks like I was proven wrong to a point." If they know locals (family/friends) that's one thing, and makes me only half wrong. If not, well hot damn, was I big-time wrong.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Really? A local news station has some different statistics:

Jail records show most arrested in Minneapolis riots have Minnesota addresses

The overwhelming majority of people arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest have Minnesota addresses, a search of the online Hennepin County Jail log shows.

Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.

www.fox9.com...

edit on 5/31/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Really? A local news station has some different statistics:

Jail records show most arrested in Minneapolis riots have Minnesota addresses

The overwhelming majority of people arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest have Minnesota addresses, a search of the online Hennepin County Jail log shows.

Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.

www.fox9.com...

I can only go by what the mayor said. If he is wrong then so be it.. Evidently the local T.V. station thinks otherwise.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Isn't st paul in Ramsey county??? What happened there??

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Y’all are comparing 2 different cities:

St. Paul (Mayor Melvin Carter)
Minneapolis (Fox 9)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
sonsoflibertymedia.com...< br />

But where things get interesting is the police chief came out yesterday in sharing that many of these rioters and looters are not from the Twin Cities area. Of course, they are not.

And so it is when it comes to this chief of police in Minneapolis and what it is that he is dealing with. He is right, they are not from the Twin Cities, and they are either flown in or they are bused in to create the problems only to hope that the citizens of the city will cry out for more government intervention. The mission is then accomplished. In the end, the people are further enslaved while the corrupt wield more control over the lives of those that they are to serve. On top of all of this, the tyrants that created the crisis then look like the heroes to the very people that they are violating and again enslaving .

History teaches us, ‘The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.’

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you guys understand how this works now. Like Trump, if you say it enough, people believe it. So all you have to do is put something out there that makes your side look better and REPEAT IT OVER AND OVER, and, in this case, even if a majority of people arrested were, in fact, from the State, there are plenty of those who will believe they were not.

So where are we folks? Do you only believe what your side says? And can you ever believe what the other side says? Kind of a dilemma the Country is in right now, isn't it? Believe what you like, disregard the rest.

Great place for America to be in right now.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Does Fox9 not cover both? I know Dallas/Fort Worth, all news covers all areas. Seems the Twin City’s would be the same.

If they do, then somebody is lying. Local Fox stations don’t necessarily follow party lines. I know here they try to stay unbiased but you can tell which anchors hate Trump but worshiped the O show.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
ANTIFA Member Busted Paying Others To Cause Chaos!... I only watched this once so I did not see money exchange hands but I did see orders and directions given by our little home grown terrorist.
vidmax.com...

trendingpolitics.com...

According to AG Barr:

“Groups of outside radicals and agitators are exploiting the situation to pursue their own separate and violent agenda. In many places, it appears the violence is planned, organized, and driven by anarchic and far-left extremist groups using antifa-like tactics, many of whom travel from outside the state to promote the violence.”

The Justice Department released a statement condemning those instigating the riots:

Barr's remarks come after St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carver revealed that while his city was not the war zone that took place across the river in Minneapolis, that arrests were made and that those busted were from out of state.

edit on 727stk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Yeah it is very stupid. If you intend to riot and loot you vest not cross state lines so you may avoid federal charges. Anyone have video or images of the busses they often come in on, or a normally vacant parking garage stacked with DHS vehicles? This has the earmarks of a manufactured and organized crisis.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Regardless if the statistics of 'out of' or 'in' state residents are the majority of arrests, I believe that they should pass laws to prosecute the non resident RIOTERS and those not living within say 50 miles should be given harsher penalties. WAY MUCHO HARSH penalties. These types of people look for and take advantage of opportunities to practice anarchy. I think fines are too easy. I want to see serious jail time. Why you may ask? Because collecting fines from residents in other states is more difficult to do. And also to deter these mofos from traveling to other places to partake of unlawful and harmful activities.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

"I think fines are too easy."

Especially when Joe Bidens interns raise money to get those arrested out on bail!

Biden campaign staffers donate to group that bails out jailed Minneapolis protesters

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have read conflicting information, at least as it pertains to Minn, about the composition of the rioters taken into custody. Some reports have stated most are from outside the area; other reports cite jail records and claim most rioters are Minn-based.

IMO there needs to be some type of legislation drafted such that if one is arrested rioting in a state other than their address of record, they should be charged under federal domestic terror statutes..

If the government wants to take a stand that lawlessness and bedlam won't be tolerated, then crack down hard on parachute rioters.

I can think of hardly any more clear-cut case of the Fed Govt's charter to regulate inter-state activity than rioters from state A mobilizing and attacking in state B. Nail these POS to the wall.
edit on 31-5-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
cool so is the story that the rioters are from out of state....... in every city?
everyone just moved one state over like a game of musical chairs?
extremely believable, very cool.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It does not matter if something is true or false.

What matters is how the MSM conveys the script and how the general majority (aka the Public) "sees" and "hears" something.

🔻😃🔺😃⭕

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I'm not sure if you guys understand how this works now. Like Trump, if you say it enough, people believe it. So all you have to do is put something out there that makes your side look better and REPEAT IT OVER AND OVER, and, in this case, even if a majority of people arrested were, in fact, from the State, there are plenty of those who will believe they were not.

So where are we folks? Do you only believe what your side says? And can you ever believe what the other side says? Kind of a dilemma the Country is in right now, isn't it? Believe what you like, disregard the rest.

Great place for America to be in right now.

Try not invoking Trump's name in a thread that has nothing to do with him if you can. The exact same could be said about the media and the Democrats who have time and time again been proven to be liars.

I saw the same numbers last night and all it means is most rioters were locals. Why did the others show up then if not to get things started? Do you believe people would come from other states to riot when they could and have more easily rioted in their own state? It's happening all over the country right now. Not for justice, but to spread fear and chaos. Just thugs being thugs.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I won't complain if they charge them all with terrorism. Because that's exactly what it was.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's a common tactic for rioters to give local addresses. It helps lessen the criminal charges. I.E. less jail time and lower bail amounts.

Then, once you're out of the state you don't have to worry about showing up for court.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join