It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Riots Are a Reminder that Police Don't Protect You or Your Property

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Growing up in the country on a farm we never thought about the police coming to save us.. Weird for some to consider that type of thinking I am sure. But when stuff happened we took the best course of action we could come up with; it did not matter meeting someone at a window who was trying to break in with a shotgun in hand and telling them to go away or stopping a pack of dogs trying to kill the livestock you have raised. We took care of stuff ourselves and it was totally normal for us and our neighbors in a 20 mile radius.

Not trying to get on any kind of soap box as I am just posting this for people to consider.

05/29/2020Ryan McMaken

Looting and arson have followed what began as peaceful protests in response to the apparent killing of George Floyd by Derek Chauvin, a now-former member of the Minneapolis Police Department.

But whatever was the spark that set off the current round of rioting in the Twin Cities area, it is clear that most property owners and residents will have to fend for themselves where riots have taken place. In other words, any unfortunate shopkeeper or resident who finds himself in the path of the rioters ought to just assume that police won't be around to provide any protection from the mob.

During the 2014 riots that followed the police killing of Michael Brown, for example, shopkeepers were forced to hire private security, and many had to rely on armed volunteers for protection from looters. "There's no police," one Ferguson shopkeeper told FoxNews at the time. "We trusted the police to keep it peaceful; they didn't do their job."

More famously, shopkeepers during the Los Angeles riots defended their shops with private firearms:

"Where are the police? Where are the police?" [shopkeeper Chang] Lee whispered over and over from his rooftop perch. Lee would not see law enforcement for three days -- only fellow Korean-Americans, who would be photographed by news agencies looking like armed militia...

mises.org...

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yep!

Remember the SCOTUS ruled that the police do not have to protect citizens?

Remember these issues folks the next time a politician wants to take away your right to have fire arms! What we are witnessing now is that no matter how the government pretends it is there to protect it's citizens, by their own actions during these riots, they have proven they are indeed pretending that they are there to protect and serve.

Why pay taxes to fund a government if they refuse to protect it's citizens while trying to disarm them?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's almost reached the point where the whole of America needs to have gated communities with armed guards, kind of like the Mad Max Pt2 compound.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Disturbing Video
Edit: Description
Imo you can see the NEO-SA(Sturmabteilung) of the Fourth Reich terrorizing a peaceful suburb and it´s inhabitants on their own soil.

edit on 31 5 2020 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I honestly can't blame the cops, they're horribly outnumbered and all the SWAT teams & tools at their disposal still aren't enough.

If you want to skin someone for the lack of protections, blame the governor for not activating the NG to aid the local LEOs sooner. Had hey been there after the first or second day when everyone got a real good idea of how this was going to go, I have no doubt little would be going on right now. But instead, we're 5 days in and states are still sitting on their asses with their thumbs up them next to their heads.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

If I were you, I'd describe that. If it's the Dallas shopkeeper getting beaten in the street by rioter trash, most people would appreciate knowing so, so they can avoid it if they desire. I already saw it, and was rage-pissed, so I have no desire to click that link and risk seeing it again.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
it's not that...
It's the cops clearing the street and telling people looking out their own front door to "get inside".
Then one little piggy says "light em up" and several little piggies turns round and shoot the woman filming with what I suspect is a beanbag round, although I'm no expert.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
a reply to: Nyiah
it's not that...
It's the cops clearing the street and telling people looking out their own front door to "get inside".
Then one little piggy says "light em up" and several little piggies turns round and shoot the woman filming with what I suspect is a beanbag round, although I'm no expert.

Little piggy? Really? Pretty clear what side you lean towards.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I honestly can't blame the cops, they're horribly outnumbered and all the SWAT teams & tools at their disposal still aren't enough.

If you want to skin someone for the lack of protections, blame the governor for not activating the NG to aid the local LEOs sooner. Had hey been there after the first or second day when everyone got a real good idea of how this was going to go, I have no doubt little would be going on right now. But instead, we're 5 days in and states are still sitting on their asses with their thumbs up them next to their heads.

Ummm...how about we just blame the people causing all the devastation and injury...

It’s these perennial drop of the hat rioters that are the root cause of this violence...the BLM...and ANTIFA...and drug cartels/gangbangers...

“By any means necessary”

Where have we heard that before...?

This is all orchestrated...and the instigators are paid to lead the herd along the path of violence...

YouSir

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Another nice video of those THUGS in blue:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You do realize if they weren't in the street attacking a vehicle they wouldn't get run over. Treating these rioters with kid gloves isn't going to get them to stop destroying property and attacking people. They made their point, now enough is enough.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

You do realize if they weren't in the street attacking a vehicle they wouldn't get run over. Treating these rioters with kid gloves isn't going to get them to stop destroying property and attacking people. They made their point, now enough is enough.

So, you’re okay with, for example, the next time “patriots” rush a State capitol building and force themselves inside while armed ... no need to show restraint?

Just open up with what ... 50 cal Gattlings? Hellfire missies? What do you figure?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's a fraud and we can change it whenever we want. We should start at the top where all the real destruction comes from.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321
You do realize that this protesters weren´t on the streets if this blue THUGS wouldn´t kill US citizens who even have pay these THUGS with their tax money? You do realize that the protests turned violent AFTER these blue THUGS acted like nazi terrorists again? I can hardly see any difference between these THUGS and Hitlers SS and/or SA.

German reporter and those blue thugs:

I don´t know how anybody can defend state terrorism like this. Or say it´s just some rotten apples and there are a lot of good cops among them. Why do the "good" cops cover these rotten apples?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter.

They can defend State terrorism because they believe that they’re on “their” side.

Despite everything they’ve seen to the contrary in the last three months or so.

Hated the guvment yesterday; luv it today.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So, you’re okay with, for example, the next time “patriots” rush a State capitol building and force themselves inside while armed ... no need to show restraint?

Just open up with what ... 50 cal Gattlings? Hellfire missies? What do you figure?

LOL! But they are not doing that are they? The thugs on the above video were attacking a patrol vehicle, were they supposed to set there and be dragged and beaten out of the vehicle? As for your scenario are they coming to kill someone? Then yes the police can defend themselves.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I just responded to the video YOU posted that showed rioters attacking a patrol vehicle, if you posted the wrong video that's on you.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

LOL! But they are not doing that are they? The thugs on the above video were attacking a patrol vehicle, were they supposed to set there and be dragged and beaten out of the vehicle? As for your scenario are they coming to kill someone? Then yes the police can defend themselves.

LOL ... did you hear that swoosh over your head? That was the point.

Does it feel good to feel like the police are on your side?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I never said the police were in my side. The police are never on the scene before a crime, they come after, the police are actually only around for clean up.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

I never said the police were in my side. The police are never on the scene before a crime, they come after, the police are actually only around for clean up.

Then you’re on the side of the protesters?

Because you can only be on one side you know.

We have to keep things in, you know, a black-and-white perspective, so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join