It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the protests hurting children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Any comments from the protestors on how the protests are hurting kids?
Physically?
Psychologically?
Indirectly?

I think this just needs to be addressed and in simple honest answers... like yes, no or I don’t know. Then once enough simple, honest, easy to follow, answers are given by enough people and accepted as reality, then maybe we can start working on solving tougher issues, in a civilized way, as a culture and society. All we are doing now is teaching all the kids to run into a pandemic, or even worse, showing children it’s ok to hurt children or whoever they see the adults attack, as long as you have a good enough reason to. A premeditated defense that is acted upon is a lot like an offensive attack executed on ones personal entitlements to be the judge jury and executioner of whoever they want. Do we have enough time to ask simple questions? Do we have enough time to think before we are forced to attack and potentially hurt kids? How much time do we have before we are in danger? How many kids can we sacrifice before we should stop attacking? Is this moral? What are morals? Where did you learn about morals? What would Jesus do? What would Buddha do? How much time do we have left now before we need to attack first before we are attacked? Who is going to attack you right now if you don’t attack first right now? If you think you have a good enough reason to protest or take any action even if it is going to directly or indirectly hurt kids. Please state it just like that. You have a right to do so. But don’t expect me to associate with you. I don’t have reasons to hurt kids or be around anyone that would hurt anyone quite frankly unless it was literally in the moment self defense. I don’t buy into premeditated offensive attacks for self defense. You are either using physical self defense from a physical attack in the moment or you are planning an attack on someone. There is no psychic ability or intuition or seeing into the future for you to justify offensively attacking someone bc you know they will attack you first. That’s called being delusional. You aren’t excused from hurting children for your cause.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

When they get old and frail and, traditionally, expect to be looked after by the younger generations, we will see what's been created.

I wish us all the very best of luck.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

A few nights ago I was watching live streams of the two protests in my city. At one of the protests it had devolved into looting and 3 guys were throwing their loot into the back of an SUV that had kids in the back seat, while at the other protest people actually had kids with them- the kids holding signs and chanting "F___ the police!" right in front of a line of geared up cops.

Good luck in juvenile court in a year or two mommy and daddy!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The kids. I've given this a lot of thought, and my answer is on topic, but not what you're asking.

If we really cared about the kids, and if we really wanted to stop this cycle of violence, then we would have already done something about the rampant lead poisoning which is breaking our children who grow up into broken adults.

The evidence is clear, well-documented, and well known. Lead poisoning -- from water, soil, air, and other factors -- is a huge problem in most (perhaps all) inner-cities. Lead poisoning causes mental/emotional problems (including autism), impairs one's judgment and critical thinking skills, and leads to violent tendencies and reflexes. It can create a constant fight-or-flight instinct, with little or no ability to think or reason through a challenging situation.

This may be compounded by MMR vaccines given to black boys under 3 years, which has been linked (by a CDC whistleblower) to autism in those children.

This is, of course, only part of the problem, and correcting these would only be part of the solution. But it seems to me that it's a major part of the solution.

Garbage in... garbage out. We are literally creating entire populations of people who cannot think, reason and competently judge circumstances and situations properly, thus resulting in poor choices and decisions.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The kids. I've given this a lot of thought, and my answer is on topic, but not what you're asking.

If we really cared about the kids, and if we really wanted to stop this cycle of violence, then we would have already done something about the rampant lead poisoning which is breaking our children who grow up into broken adults.

The evidence is clear, well-documented, and well known. Lead poisoning -- from water, soil, air, and other factors -- is a huge problem in most (perhaps all) inner-cities. Lead poisoning causes mental/emotional problems (including autism), impairs one's judgment and critical thinking skills, and leads to violent tendencies and reflexes. It can create a constant fight-or-flight instinct, with little or no ability to think or reason through a challenging situation.

This may be compounded by MMR vaccines given to black boys under 3 years, which has been linked (by a CDC whistleblower) to autism in those children.

This is, of course, only part of the problem, and correcting these would only be part of the solution. But it seems to me that it's a major part of the solution.

Garbage in... garbage out. We are literally creating entire populations of people who cannot think, reason and competently judge circumstances and situations properly, thus resulting in poor choices and decisions.

Gave you a star because I agree, and have heard/read news stories, about the damaging effect of lead contamination in small, developing minds.

I would be interested in reading more about your assertion below in quotes; please link your source for that.

If we're examining the impact on children by race WRT vaccination protocol, then we should consider all environmental factors that can stunt emotional growth and psychological development, including socio-environmental considerations such as percentage of children in single-parent households. Reviewing this data should be setting off light bulbs, and it's the type of trend that creates a generational feedback loop that promotes the manner of social discord and rage-induced mayhem we are seeing play out across US cities the past few days.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

When they get old and frail and, traditionally, expect to be looked after by the younger generations, we will see what's been created.

I wish us all the very best of luck.

Given how quickly and easily people abandoned their parents and other elders to hide from CoVid, we don't need to wait. We already know.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Seen several videos of children being pepper sprayed and hit in the face with tear gas canisters. One of them being blinded for life. So yes, children are being hurt.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Much respect to you for asking for more information. I found a few -- enough to get you started if you want to pursue it further. It's quite the rabbit hole!

The full public statement from the CDC whistleblower: Statement of William W. Thompson, Ph.D

There are audio recordings of Dr. Thompson's conversations with another doctor (who made the recordings public without Thompson's knowledge or consent) here: Drs Hooker and Thompson (audio)

This turned into quite the public brouhaha -- as I'm sure you can imagine. A couple years later, Thompson re-wrote the study report for re-issuance by the CDC, much to the chagrin of many: CDC Whistleblower to Extend MMR Vaccine Fraud

And a few months later, the CDC refused to let Dr. Thompson testify in a lawsuit alleging vaccine-induced autism: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower

I've been trying to find a fair and balanced article telling the story start to finish, and I can't. I'm sorry. I can find articles from very biased perspectives that tell part or all of the story, but nothing I consider "just the facts, Ma'am". I hope this is enough to get you started if you're inclined to seek out more information...
edit on 31-5-2020 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm sure it's a learning process. Preparing for a time when they will be faced with the choice.... loot or not loot. Burn or don't burn

tonycodes "Are the protests hurting children?" What kind of BAIT QUESTION is that ? And absent from the mud pit.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Seen several videos of children being pepper sprayed and hit in the face with tear gas canisters. One of them being blinded for life. So yes, children are being hurt.

Children do not need to be at terrorist protests. prove me wrong.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

If we're examining the impact on children by race WRT vaccination protocol, then we should consider all environmental factors that can stunt emotional growth and psychological development, including socio-environmental considerations such as percentage of children in single-parent households. Reviewing this data should be setting off light bulbs, and it's the type of trend that creates a generational feedback loop that promotes the manner of social discord and rage-induced mayhem we are seeing play out across US cities the past few days.

I agree. My dad thought it was so important for young men and boys to have positive male role models that he spent his adult life mentoring fatherless boys and young men, mostly through church and Boy Scouts.

(Not to go off-topic, but fatherless daughters are also profoundly impacted; for example, seeking male approval and affection in all the wrong ways and places, resulting in sky high teenage pregnancy rates, domestic violence, etc...)

But I think this is generally recognized and understood. Unfortunately, there are not enough men stepping up to the role of mentor. Perhaps we need more opportunities created, more Big Brother type organizations. I'm sure creative and innovative folks with a will could make a way.

But the other challenge is that too many do know, and are happy to use this sad truth as a weapon to bludgeon the community, rather than a tool to help the community.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Kids? Yeah its 2020, nobody cares about those sacks of meat. Or about anything else.

Its all downhill from here broh.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

YES they are hurting children...

Some reject of a parent brought their young daughter (9 I think) - dressed in black no less - to one of the riots and the kid got maced.

WHAT in the HELL were they thinking? That maybe they'll get a moment of fame over their stupidity?

Is she a 'crisis actress' - I dunno - but it's just stupid. Seriously stupid.

Here's the link: 9 year old girl got maced in the face by cop at protests in Seattle

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Who took them out there or allowed them out there in the first place? A protest of that nature is the very last place I'd allow my young children to be. I don't care what the message is. They are all tense and all have the potential to go in the wrong direction, no matter who's partaking in them or what they're about.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ofcourse they are everything we adults do impacts children

Raise your hand if you have ever seen a riot over cps taking a child from a loving but poor home to be put in a middle class home that rapes and beats them ... no one it dosent happen yet that exact situation plays out every day it is the exact same kind of abuse of power and all races are effected yet no one cares

People don't give a # about children unless it furthers there cause

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Source for that?

new topics

top topics

join