It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Whitmer says protests are okay now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

“As Americans, this is one of the most challenging periods in our lifetimes. People in communities of color across the nation and right here in Michigan are feeling a sense of exhaustion and desperation. Communities are hurting, having felt that calls for equality, justice, safety, and opportunity have gone unheard for too long. We stand in solidarity with those who are seeking equitable justice for everyone in our state. We can’t live in a society and a country where our rights and our dignity are not equal for all.

The First Amendment right to protest has never been more important, and in this moment when we are still battling a killer virus, it is crucial that those who choose to demonstrate do so peacefully, and in a way that follows social distancing guidelines to protect public health. Our administration is working closely with local elected officials, public safety, and faith, and youth leaders to encourage communities across the state to designate areas for peaceful demonstrations where people can make their voices heard. There will no doubt be more tough days ahead, but we must pull together and treat our fellow Michganders with dignity, compassion, and humanity.”

twitter.com...

A couple of weeks ago here in Michigan, Whitmer raised hell about a few dozen people peacefully protesting in Lansing. She said they were spreading the infection, asked the President to condemn the gatherings, and warned that the stay at home order would continue. The people in Lansing peacefully protesting lockdowns were selfish for violating social distancing rules. She complained constantly about ONE BARBER

Now there are infinitely bigger, violent protests, numbering in the thousands inside Detroit, one of the biggest covid hotspots in the world, and Governor Whitmer no longer cares about social distancing rules being violated. The same celebrities and people criticizing the Lansing protests are completely silent.

...I am speechless. Won't it spread the virus? Won't it force her to keep extending the lockdown?

I've noticed a shift since the riots started. No one at 7-11 or the grocery store wore masks or gloves today, not customers or employees. No one cares after seeing thousands of protestors on tv.

(here's her bitching about protests a month ago:

www.bridgemi.com...)
edit on 30-5-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Exact same thing with Gov Wolf in PA

Here is my video on it

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

Wait, what?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yeah. I don't understand that woman. Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Sure, Gretchen, it's all good if they're not protesting YOU.

Stupid transparent tw$^monkey.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What a typical jackass

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Backtracking BITCH!

+8 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why are these riots being called protests by the media?

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow, so the cure to the Covid was protests all along? WHO would have thunk it?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I guess Joe Biden has kicked Gretchen Whitmer to the curb as a possible VP running mate? She can now return to being just a "normal" radical leftist Governor.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

"We can’t live in a society and a country where our rights and our dignity are not equal for all."

After everything she has done to annihilate both rights and dignity, she has the audacity to actually say that????

Wow.

Just. Wow.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Exact same thing

How dare you imply there's hypocrisy involved towards these protests , Biden and his associates have been looting for years and nobody had a problem with it...

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
How many were arrested when the whiners were afraid to wear masks to protect their fellow humans?

And do you really think there is some kind of equivalency here?
Lockdowns for epidemics are common sense.
A lot of countries did this right away, and have prevailed so far.

Now, how long have there been racial issues in the US?
Do you think you can or should stop this kind of protest.
It’s come to a boil.

This isn’t about some baby men. Scared of masks.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

How many were arrested when the whiners were afraid to wear masks to protect their fellow humans?

It’s come to a boil.

So you're saying the lock down protesters should have burned down the city first?

+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Aaaaaand someone went there.

A protest is a protest regardless of topic. Operate them all under the same rules, or don't operate them at all. Period.

Difference between the mask wearers and this "race riot" crap is people didn't use the protests up here over the masks TO BURN OUR TOWNS DOWN. How can you possibly dismiss mask protests and back rioting? WTF??
edit on 5/31/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purpapengus

It’s come to a boil.

So you're saying the lock down protesters should have burned down the city first?

Silly, but expected conclusion.
What do you mean by “first”?
Slave days?
Jim Crow?
Water cannons and dogs?
George Wallace?

Or......

A couple of Covid months ago?
Dress up, wear a gun, go to City Hall to protest science?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The lockdowna had nothing to do with microbes as i had expected and was saying from week one how the precedent for those actions were set by global conflict not pandemics. Your talking a pandemic with a .004 fatality rate get real!

The potus just confirmed we are at war as well. I tried to paint it out for folks throughout March.

There is no pandemic with a regular cold. I even mentioned that the contact tracing was going to be about tracking down those in comms with the agents in our government's, media and other institutions working for foreign powers to undermine the country. As soon as I read that Belgium was enlisting 2000 people for this contact tracing nonsense I knew that the BIS was being cleaned of its spies and they were working backwards to unravel a web.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You lost me when you said the POTUS confirmed something.
Sounds fictional

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Backtracking BITCH!

She deserves it

Thanks for saying what I was thinking

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Where's the science that shows locking people inside of homes except for grocery store, doctors appointments and walks on the beach (but not swimming...can't have that) and a dozen other events makes a lick of difference

Can you cite the study you refer to? Or no..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join