It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In light of current events, I couldn't help but listen to some Dead Kennedys...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They have been one of my favorite punk bands since I was quite young, and their observations of history and their present and future shine through more than ever during these insane times.

Here is Riot

"Riot, playing right into their hands
Tomorrow you're homeless
Tonight it's a blast"

Amazingly current for what is going on right now...

They have plenty more tunes in relation to how dystopian we can get. . .

Enjoy, and be safe.
edit on 30-5-2020 by AnnihilateThis because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2020 by AnnihilateThis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
They were a great band. I saw them a few times at the Mabuhay Gardens in San Fransisco around 1980. The Fab Mab!
I talked to Eric (Jello) and Ray (guitarist) a couple of times. Timeless music which I still listen to frequently.
Absolutely brilliant, scathing commentary on everything. Politics, religion, the educational system, popular culture, and on it goes.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
They were a great band. I saw them a few times at the Mabuhay Gardens in San Fransisco around 1980. The Fab Mab!
I talked to Eric (Jello) and Ray (guitarist) a couple of times. Timeless music which I still listen to frequently.
Absolutely brilliant, scathing commentary on everything. Politics, religion, the educational system, popular culture, and on it goes.

Man you're pretty lucky! I am a tad bit younger than you so I unfortunately missed the actual scene. However, I feel a new wave of expression is due... I'm doing my best to prepare myself to contribute in any way I physically can... We shall see how that goes. Round and round we go.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnnihilateThis
They have been one of my favorite punk bands since I was quite young, and their observations of history and their present and future shine through more than ever during these insane times.

Here is Riot

"Riot, playing right into their hands
Tomorrow you're homeless
Tonight it's a blast"

Amazingly current for what is going on right now...

They have plenty more tunes in relation to how dystopian we can get. . .

Enjoy, and be safe.

Hey. Is it really true if you play the Dead Kennedys backwards...John F. Kennedy and his brother Bobby come back to life????
edit on 30-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join