It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn. gov mobilises National Guard, suggests protests being manipulated by 'domestic terrorists'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Guess you forgot. Must not of been too important to you.

Example.

With prosecutions over, six Baltimore officers back at work after death of Freddie Gray

Once again I'm trying to understand how this relates to the OP..... Forgot what? Yes I know of that situation, but I can't read your mind. Once again this follows right in line with my point that high crime/high social issues areas have a police force that mirrors the society that lives there. People can call it a race thing, but it is much deeper than that. In Freddie's case 3 of the 6 offices were also black, and in many of these minority areas a huge percentage of the officers there are also minorities, so I don't think race has much to do with it.

It comes down to what I said in if the society is harden with a lot of crime, drugs, social/family issues, gangs etc the police will also be harden to match. This is how an officer can keep his knee on a man's neck for 8 mins well after he had been subdued and the fight was over as officers just stood around like it is just another normal daily event.

The bottom line is if the community as a whole sucks the police will also suck, so I do not know how to fix that.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Im saying just as the US felt attacked Japan was set ablaze in response.
Many feel attacked not only by the police but by the system that protects them when they do wrong. And so they the attacked respond in kind....

You act like this is some kind of nation wide war, and that is what the media wants you all to think. Under 1000 people are killed by police year each and whites killed lead the list, so how many are what we would see as wrongful killings? Remember about 50 to 100 police officers are also killed each year.

We can both agree there are wrongful deaths, but I don't see the war you are talking about. We also have 9000 deaths from gang members too, so people that do die that in the vast majority of cases were doing something rather bad in the beginning.

But we do have cases that come along like Freddie and George and the problem many times is cops do not deescalate the situation correctly, nor do they have concerns for other health risks as they ramp up their escalation. In Portland they have come a long way in the last 10 years to fix this, but then it didn't stop the rioting/looting of high end stores, but that part had very little to do with what you are talking about.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thought this was amusing.

Rich Leftist Dude CHEERS For Rioting, Then It Comes To his House And He FREAKS OUT

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join