It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a good person? Take the test and lets see.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
I know this child, never been baptised, parents are not Christian, but she has not stolen or covetted her neighbour's wife or lied. She's a naive innocent. And a good person.

Some people think Gods Grace is on a person till they reach an age of comprehension. Jews I think work on 13 years of life, irrespective, YHWH is a God of love, defined by love, God won’t condemn children.
Some people don’t think babies should be baptised and baptism though requested is not essential.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Raggedyman

So what is Gods will, condemning people?

Gods will is your soul. For it was made in the image of God.

No, if God’s will was for a persons soul then everyone would be a Christian, find salvation, be forced by God into salvation
Gods will is for freewill, allows us to choose, no forcing upon anyone

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Most good person that can ever be.

Question 1: Only applies if the other person/people arent asking for it. Lying to yourself there is no excuse though, do i do this? I would say no.

Question 2: Not that i remember, maybe as a kid, but would that count? Wouldnt make much sense to me. Can a baby steal, or be culpable for it?

Question 3: No, not without permission at least.

Question 4: Doesnt make much sense to me. I assume this would mean if you looked at someone as not another person, but just something for use to gratify yourself. In which case answer is no.

Also, being something in the past, doesnt mean you are that thing now. So 0/4

Am excited for a fun dialogue hopefully.

And i would say for the most part, i find i have more productive conversations with religious people (non super fundamentalist) concerning these matters, than "non-religious" people, which really just refers to those who have chosen modern culture/ideology as their religion. Non religious people are usually more squirmy and non committal, and they dont really have much to say when push comes to shove.

Where even if religious people are wrong, they at least have something to work with, and commit to that. And i can at least understand and see why they say what they say, so there is more transparency and that facilitates more honesty in discussing these matters.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Pinocchio
This OP Guy... Is Tempting God, moreso than us.
Buy A Clue...

Don't run in the dark or you will bump your head.

Copy

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: glend

Heaven is about a relationship with God, to be one with God, in relationship

Being one with God is not about being in a relationship with God.

Being one with God is about no separation........'you' (the separated) must be lifted away.......no man will see the face of God and live.

Only when you are not: God is.

Heaven is.... but the belief in you veils the fact.

To be or not to be.....

Knowing God is being God.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No one is a good person by God's standard, and you know that very well. It's why salvation and forgiveness are so important. We all will fail and fall from time to time, so we all need to be saved. Otherwise, no matter how good we've been the rest of the time, it won't matter.

Salvation and forgiveness is just the fist step and sadly many stay ias babes in Christ not maturing through sanctification. The world has seen to many carnal babes in Christ and for that reason the name of Jesus is blasphemed among the unsaved.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Question #4 - Have you ever looked at anyone with lust? Jesus said if anyone looks at another person with lust in their heart they have committed adultery. If so, this means you have committed adultery.

This may be a nitpick. But I have read Jesus' words. And he didn't say exactly what you said. He said that the person who looks at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

The thought was there, but it had not developed into an action as of yet . Although, the action could be forthcoming. A sin in the heart is not as great as committing the actual sin. Most people have enough sense not to act on impulse ideas.

ETA: I guess less and less people have restraint and self-control. The world teaches none of that.
edit on 4-6-2020 by HiddenI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: babloyi
I know this child, never been baptised, parents are not Christian, but she has not stolen or covetted her neighbour's wife or lied. She's a naive innocent. And a good person.

Some people think Gods Grace is on a person till they reach an age of comprehension. Jews I think work on 13 years of life, irrespective, YHWH is a God of love, defined by love, God won’t condemn children.
Some people don’t think babies should be baptised and baptism though requested is not essential.

Two things. One, God does not judge a child that is not old enough to judge for itself based on their own merit. They are judged based on the merit of their parents.

At Armageddon, just like in the flood all the children of ungodly people will be destroyed. Not because they were necessarily judged by their own actions, but because they were judged on the merit of their parents actions.

That is why children were destroyed in the flood along with their parents. And that is also why a child is judged righteous based on the merit of their parents if their parent is a servant of God. That's what the Bible says.

And second, baptism is a symbol of a person's giving themselves to do God's will. A baby cannot make that decision. Forced baptisims on anyone unaware of what it means are not valid in God's eyes.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: HiddenI

Wow that’s pretty definitive buddy
How about you show me scripture that justifies what you are saying or are you just guessing?

I am going with guessing

If you actually read your comments, considered them, understood what you are saying you would realise why people think your beliefs are backwards and clumsy.

edit on 4-6-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join