It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a good person? Take the test and lets see.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Jesus came with one purpose, to end religion
It’s interesting, Jesus wants what atheists want and many Christians are against Christ’s message.
The first miracle Christ performed, turning water into wine dessicrated the holy water vessels used for religious ceremony

Church isn’t about telling others how nasty they are though it’s true, that’s what the majority of Christians do. Jesus made church about loving and caring for each other, a community of carers

Interesting how you have more Christian ideals than many Christians Hec, just don’t know the truth

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: DeathSlayer

i dont give a crap about the alledged opinion of your imaginary friend

does that make me a bad person ?

Nope, as a general rule I find atheists more agreeable and loving than most Christians
Freewill is a gift from God, He wants you to choose. If you are not interested that’s your choice
The real problem is, many people think they are innocent and good and continue hurting others without even realising the harm they are doing and not just atheists

Stupid videos of a few minutes aimed at shaming atheists into salvation when Jesus taught loving others and compassion were the gospel message, not condemnation.

I would be inclined to suggest a video teaching Christians how to love others by feeding the needy, loving the unloved, helping the elderly more appropriate but condemning people is far easier

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Disappointing we don't have more pagans or Buddhists or Norse or maybe some Hindu users who can level the playing field between Christians and atheists. It's just too monotonous round these parts.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

LOL

I'm a little ole pagan.

The test? Nah. That's not what I believe spirit wants from us. We have to find our own way, to becoming better people.
Not doing it, because "the fear of god"

I love everyone, until they do me wrong. Then I don't hate you, I just wish you the best, and cut you loose from my life.
Is it hard as hell? Yep.
Do I mess up sometimes? Not nearly as often as I did when I was younger, but yep.

But as they say, and ironically seems to be the point, "Live and Learn"
And do no harm.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I am going to hell, if there is one, in a handbasket, if one is fire proof. My wife has got a throne of Satan and has a penthouse suite reserved for us.

If you treat people good and you do right most of the time, who cares. Don't be a dick in the world of #s.

Not really worried about it.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
One of the biggest arguments people have about heaven, hell or God's judgement is that, " I am a good person" and based on this argument he/she deserves to go to heaven. He/she argues there are good people in heaven and he/she is eligible because he/she is a good person. He/she helps and feeds the poor, donates money to good causes, does not fight with neighbours or work colleagues. Most people like you.

I think it is great there are people that are good. We need more of these people on the earth BUT are they really good? In their eyes they feel they are good and in their understanding. Are you a good person? Take the test and see for yourself.

Question #1 - Have you ever lied in your life? Even one lie makes you a liar.

Question #2 - Have you ever stolen anything before? If so, that makes you a thief.

Question #3 - Have you ever used the Lord's name in vain? If so, this makes you a blasphemer.

Question #4 - Have you ever looked at anyone with lust? Jesus said if anyone looks at another person with lust in their heart they have committed adultery. If so, this means you have committed adultery.

Now if you are honest with yourself, most people if not all, have committed the above offenses at least once in their life time meaning you are a lying, thieving, blasphemer and have committed adultery and this is not a good person. If you committed only one of the above sins this still disqualifies you for heaven. All it takes is one sin and you can NOT enter into heaven and I only brought up 4 examples of possible thousands of sins possible on this earth. Often many sin and do not realize it due to various lifestyles and beliefs.

So are we doomed to hell? I have some good news and the answer is a big sounding NO! There is but ONE mediator for all mankind who can approach God and ask him to forgive us of ALL our sins and his name is Jesus and when God (Father) forgives sins.... he forgets them! We have a clean slate! Only through Jesus can we come to God as a child of God.

To better help you understand .... take a quick look at this Youtube video which explains it better than I.

Here is another one:

So what you think a good person is irrelevant since you are not God. AND NONE of us are good people. We are all sinners in the eyes of God!

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No other belief brings salvation to humans like God the son.

Peace.

So only christians are good people. You should write for the Vatican so they can learn from your example and really drive the message home for all the folks out there who need saving.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

As an atheist you believe in the existence of Christianity and Christians, right? I don't think you're against something imaginary.

So, I'm not saying atheists are bad, but the characteristics of a Christian is usually what is good so make out for yourself who's a Christian or whether you are an atheist.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Disappointing we don't have more pagans or Buddhists or Norse or maybe some Hindu users who can level the playing field between Christians and atheists. It's just too monotonous round these parts.

Outside of the faith in evolution I have little issue with atheists other than their constant baiting
Buddhists don’t cause me much of a concern, mostly a form of christian action minus belief in Christ
Many Christians are far more difficult in my opinion

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Hecate666
You know what's true salvation? To be free of oppressive religion and the fear of hell. I am a happy, trustworthy, loyal and loving Atheist. I appreciate all life forms and nature. I can get pleasure just from the smallest thing in the garden.
I do good things because I want to and it feel right, not because I am scared I'll get my behind smacked if I don't.

Being religious is like being a small child, you will never grow up because you are in the clutches and rules of another. Only if you can trust yourself and are one within yourself have you reached mental adulthood. I can never trust religious folk as they put on a front of niceness, when in fact they can be big assholes. [Yeah, we have it in the family]

All the time you waste going to church and try to convince others how nasty they are if they don't believe, you could spend with your family or in nature.

Religion is a bad illness that religious folk try to pass on. But fortunately once you have reached adult hood from the sky daddy, you are immune.

I lie very rarely [I actually can't lie very well as it makes me feel uncomfortable, I have a conscience you know], I have stolen a carrot once when I was 6 and a small toy when I was 10. I also swear like a bin man on overtime when I am angry.
And yet I don't think I am a bad person at all. Not perfect, but a hell of a lot better and more honest than 99% of religious folk.

You know what's sad? The fact that you hate Christianity so much that you would speak about those who believe in God that way. Your post screams hatred toward those of us that believe in Christ and it's totally unwarranted. I feel a similar way (no hate though) about those who claim to be believers yet they manipulate others to control their behavior. But your generalization of us as ill and childish is in and of itself, childish. What humors me is your attitude toward believers, when the vast majority of believers would never speak to you in the same manner. I just don't understand why so many Atheists are so condescending and ridicule believers every chance they get. And your 99% figure is purely made up. You and I have no way to know how many Christians are honest and "good", because most of us are works in progress and make human mistakes all the time. To say you're more honest than 99% is laughable and arrogant.

Lighten up dude! Life's much better when you're not so angry!

I am not angry, I am passionate. And I don't think you read the part about religion being in one of my family branches. They are snakes, all of them, they have lied, tried to touch me up, insulted my father and treated us literally as if we are no more than puke under their shoes. They even lie to their own. They are not allowed TVs but they all have them. Apart from my own mental family tree, I have met many christians. All of them looked as if they were on drugs.
They were also incredibly rude, like asking a question and then wandering off as I answer. That's merely one example, there are plenty more.
I worked opposite a newborn christian and we could actually talk to each other, that still didn't stop them from harrassing me with unsolicited emails saying 'One day you will find Jesus'.
No I won't. I have nothing against Jesus, he seemed an ok human bloke. I'd have a smoke with him. However he would turn in his grave to see that his followers are phonies.

I tell you why I don't like religious folk and their behaviour.
I am on the Spectrum. I have fully functional Autism. I can't read people like others and have to rely on their honesty.
I gave all christians the benefit of believing they were good and I have been burned far too often [statistically significant amounts of times]. I don't want to speak to them any more as I never know where I am. Smiley face but want to convert you. Not interested in me as a person at all. Just recruiters by their made up cult of 'non think'. It an't for me.

Bible quotes keep blubbering up, but there is nothing actually there. I can't cope with this [personally]. I need people who say what they mean and mean what they say and not try to either convert me or insult me. [Very typical christian again]
'But you insulted christians' I hear you say. Yup, therefore we should stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from each other.
We clearly are not on the same page.

I have surrounded myself with the nicest and most honest people I could find on my journey through life. None of whom is religious. And I'd like to keep it that way.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Now if you are honest with yourself, most people if not all, have committed the above offenses at least once in their life time meaning you are a lying, thieving, blasphemer and have committed adultery and this is not a good person. If you committed only one of the above sins this still disqualifies you for heaven. All it takes is one sin and you can NOT enter into heaven and I only brought up 4 examples of possible thousands of sins possible on this earth. Often many sin and do not realize it due to various lifestyles and beliefs.

So are we doomed to hell? I have some good news and the answer is a big sounding NO! There is but ONE mediator for all mankind who can approach God and ask him to forgive us of ALL our sins and his name is Jesus and when God (Father) forgives sins.... he forgets them! We have a clean slate! Only through Jesus can we come to God as a child of God.

Says who?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I figure those are what they call religitards or religionists, psychotic individuals really trying to get their approval of being right, consumed by pride really. Scribes.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What would be the point of asking for forgiveness, or mercy everyday if one didnt rinse an repeatidly wash their sins an the filth away.

All the while it becomes a trial of fire rather then water to be seared into memory, to clean the wound an while both could stop the bleeding.
edit on 31-5-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Outside of the faith in evolution I have little issue with atheists other than their constant baiting
Buddhists don’t cause me much of a concern, mostly a form of christian action minus belief in Christ

I'm talking about diversity in the forums, spirituality comes in many flavors and we really only see two or three around here. What say the Vikings or Wiccans or Dudists on morality?
edit on 31-5-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What you claim to be deeds that make a person not good are in my opinion a super polarized belief that doesn't take into consideration many other countless variables that could change the judgement of such acts- basically you're feeding a real black and white narrative which I disagree with and one which I don't think even Jesus intended to give.

John Stuart Mill writes in On Liberty:

Christian morality (so called) has all the characters of a reaction; it is, in great part, a protest against Paganism. It's ideal is negative rather than positive; passive rather than active; innocence rather than nobleness; abstinence from evil, rather than energetic Pursuit of Good; in its precepts (as has been well said) "thou shalt not" predominates unduly over "thou shalt."

Basically, modern day Christianity focuses on the "thou shalt not's" which encourages a real polarized black and white view from the start, and also it becomes a constant reminder of how much you fall short. Just like you did right here in the OP, you've focused on the shortcomings of people in general which is negative. Your focus is on the negative, on the threat of hell, and etc.

John Stuart Mill also writes on the subject of Christianity:

"It is essentially a doctrine of passive obedience; it inculcates submission to all authorities found established..."

This I find to be true of a lot of "religion." The funny thing is, as somebody else pointed out here earlier, Jesus was basically anti-religion, imo as well.

In On Liberty by John Stuart Mill, he writes about how the deeper original meaning of "truth" gets lost when it is readily accepted and not questioned and not discussed and only parroted in the echo chamber of what society has become, and it becomes customs and rituals and culture and people just do things without questioning why they are doing them- the real message and data and information of that truth has been lost in time due to an unquestioning obedient society.

Which is what Jesus was trying to say too, imo.

Nowadays Christianity has become tradition, a custom, a parroted truth passed down in hereditary ways, a "truth" not very tested or questioned in our society... and now what remains is a dead empty husk of the true meat of the matter which was originally presented and fought for.

John Stuart Mill writes that if anybody believe their opinion to be the one absolute truth, that they assume infallibility. And that assumption is inaccurate- we have evidence of being wrong about a thing over and over again, we know we can be wrong. You're not the end all be all, you don't know everything, and you can be wrong. I for one am with John Stuart Mill on this, Christianity is not the end all be all (which I actually once used to believe as well). But it does have gold nuggets, compressed packets of data that if decompressed ever so carefully, can give great insight into the human condition, imo.

But basically I disagree with what it has become, it's more negative now than it was ever intended to be. It's turned into a dead custom- which can lead to even more dangerous negative things like prejudices, brutality, killing innocent people in the name of religion... the original meaning completely lost to history.

I'm not afraid of your hell, and I fight against the Christian shame and guilt that I was so impressionable to, of which others encouraged so frequently even though they be the biggest hypocrites of all!

I just refuse to be ashamed of being born a human being. No guilt here for being a fallible human being. And I don't need a belief in God(I'd consider myself to be agnostic) to do my best to not hurt other people and to focus on how to actively pursue what I believe goodness might be, in which my opinion of what goodness is may change due to my fallibility because if I found that I was ever in error, I would have to rectify it. And I'm open to that possibility. Unlike folk who are absolutely sure that they have found the one truth... which they are also allowed to believe, lol. But again, you would be assuming infallibility like my dear old friend John Stuart Mill writes in On Liberty, which I have been enjoying thoroughly and parroting this entire post.

And there's more where that all comes from, too!
edit on 31-5-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
God will always be the reason people go to hell.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

God will always be the reason people have a choice.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think morality is like gravity. It exist even if you do not know all the variables on how action/reaction works thru all beings.

The mirror is the idea that sooner or later all souls will experience the backlash of all their actions. Life review. Balancing the scales is trying to fix as much as possible to minimize bad effects of the mirror effect. Eye for an eye. Karma

1 There are those that do their best to fix individual karma
And
2 There are people who demand they should not have to take responsibility just because they say a "magic" word or join the right club.

Any higher spiritual being who allows people to receive worse for not saying the right "magic" word or join the right club is unjust and a hypocrite.

Any higher spiritual being who allows people to receive better for saying the right "magic" word or join the right club is unjust and a hypocrite.

Being just means no favoritism between spirits.
edit on 31-5-2020 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I'm talking about diversity in the forums, spirituality comes in many flavors and we really only see two or three around here. What say the Vikings or Wiccans or Dudists on morality?

I guess when you live in the West where society was and is based fundamentally on christian values you will find predominantly christians, obviously
If you want a different perspective, learn a language from the Buddhist, pagan or Muslim societies and converse with people familiar with their own belief system

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

No, God is the reason you don’t have to answer to your actions. God doesn’t send you there, your own actions do
Break the law, get caught, suffer the consequence, don’t blame God

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I think morality is like gravity. It exist even if you do not know all the variables on how action/reaction works thru all beings.

The mirror is the idea that sooner or later all souls will experience the backlash of all their actions. Life review. Balancing the scales is trying to fix as much as possible to minimize bad effects of the mirror effect. Eye for an eye. Karma

1 There are those that do their best to fix individual karma
And
2 There are people who demand they should not have to take responsibility just because they say a "magic" word or join the right club.

Any higher spiritual being who allows people to receive worse for not saying the right "magic" word or join the right club is unjust and a hypocrite.

Any higher spiritual being who allows people to receive better for saying the right "magic" word or join the right club is unjust and a hypocrite.

Being just means no favoritism between spirits.

Jesus said His followers must repent, do you understand the word repent, obviously not

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join