It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You No longer have a first amendment right.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That's right. While some awesome 'Muricans were practicing that right to burn snip down, and steal crap from people that had nothing to do with the police.

This SCOTUS decision literally boggles the mind.

Because the first amendment doesn't say what it clearly says.

In a 5-4 decision, Chief Justice John Roberts once again joined the high court’s liberals in turning down a request by the South Bay United Pentecostal Church in Chula Vista, Calif., near San Diego, which argued that the order limiting in-person attendance at services was a violation of the First Amendment’s freedom of religion guarantee.

Source.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Source

Apparently California, and anyone else wants to prohibit your free exercise of, can do so whenever they feel froggie.

Flawless Commie Victory.
edit on 30-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

One of the really cool things about religion is that you can practice from home. A church is not required. Just ask Jesus.

+18 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That's not yours,California,or the SCOTUS call to make.

Because a person is free to do whatever the hell they want with regards to religion.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Does this have to do with the virus?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

If people can riot.

They can go to church and BEG our creator for forgiveness.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They are still free to practice their religion, and I haven't seen any laws from Congress about it.
edit on 30-5-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sure is interesting watching the usual fascist's dismiss clear cases of civil liberty violations.

I guess the victims have to be buying wedding cakes or trying to get a county clerk to give them a marriage license.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

One of the really cool things about religion is that you can practice from home. A church is not required. Just ask Jesus.

I hear he makes Covid 19 free house calls!

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I kind of think that destroying property that doesnt belong to you is denying someone of their basic constitutional rights also... not to mention, quite illegal??
And, I think that there were protests against the stay at home orders first.??
As far as the violence and destruction goes.... I've heard rumblings that there is more going on than we know. Basically, there seems to be groups flocking into the city intent on taking advantage of the situation..

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I've heard rumblings that there is more going on than we know.

Yeah speech,religion,you owning a firearm are endangered species.

Things self evident in an orwellian police state. The REAL DEAL.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is just the start....the People in the Sodom and Gomorrah areas of this country do not want people to be able to destroy their societies. Civilization means we get along and respect the rights and beliefs of others, we may not agree with their beliefs, but we do not force our ways on them if they are not harming anyone.

I see more of the left forcing their beliefs on people than I have ever in the past seen churches do. There are some churches that are a little too progressive in nature, but most just want to win you over, not shove their indoctrine down your throat like the far left does. It used to be different when I was young when churches used to run most areas, but it has changed to the better, now the athiests want to force destruction of the churches because the churches did not condemn their practices early on. I think there will soon be a real strong swing of society back to religion pretty soon, the athiests are pushing too much....they exploited the niceness of the church people, they pulled the chariety monty to corrupt charities which pay most of the money to the people running it without benefiting the people they are supposed to benefit. That kind of charity is not Christian.

I have to state, I was brought up Christian, but am not very Christian....I like to stay impartial...but see the rising athiest population's agenda is negatively effecting our society. We should not go all the way back to being slaves of religion either, we need to stay in the middle and respect people for their true actions, not their bragging of how good they are because they donate a tiny amount to a corrupt help program. Vinnies and the Salvation army and food banks are decent programs. Very little money donated to vinnies actually lines the pockets of people running the programs, most of that organization is volunteers.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: grey580

That's not yours,California,or the SCOTUS call to make.

Because a person is free to do whatever the hell they want with regards to religion.

Exactly, and since the bible tells Christians not to forsake assembling together, this ruling prevents the free exercise of religion.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm sure my opinion won't be popular but honestly, you could skip a thousand religious services and still not miss anything. It's just some sweaty fat guy standing up there screaming like a maniac for hours on end. They say the same thing over and over every time. Can you honestly not skip a year or two of this to keep from spreading disease?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am increasingly understanding the difference between having Natural Rights endowed by our Creator, and the guarantee and protection of those Natural Rights by government.

The Constitution demands that our Constitutional Republic form of government protects and guarantees those rights, but critters are willfully and arrogantly failing to do so.

And too many on both sides are happy to cheer them on when it benefits them.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You're right.

Nothing much to add.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Superstitions shouldn't be catered to anymore by government or society, it's simply ridiculous.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
another incremental infringement under the guise of the greater good.

Hate, I am not even a church goer but if people want to take that risk that's their choice and the fed and State should back the F off as that's supposed to be outside their scope.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So killing someone because a person’s belief/religion deems the other as a heretic? Or killing because your religion says a holy war is just?

Or killing people who wish to leave the religion?

You can, as you say, “do whatever the hell they want” with regards to religion.

Nice. Go Go Murrica.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I would like to add.

The church, therefore, is not a place. It's not the building, it's not the location, and it's not the denomination. God's people who are in Christ Jesus are the church

www.learnreligions.com...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm sure my opinion won't be popular but honestly, you could skip a thousand religious services and still not miss anything. It's just some sweaty fat guy standing up there screaming like a maniac for hours on end. They say the same thing over and over every time. Can you honestly not skip a year or two of this to keep from spreading disease?

This is exactly why you're part of the problem, not the solution. The concept seems too simple for anyone to not get, at least I thought so.

None of the pastors at churches I've been to over the years were sweaty fat guys screaming like a maniac for hours on end. That aside, I get the feeling you don't understand the fellowship concept or it would make sense. Have you ever been to a church service or are you going by the televangelists you've seen on TV?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join