It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They have it wrong.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I'm not making any argument to the contrary.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

He was NOT taught to use that method because it is safe. Blood chokes are mechanical. That means that it is either blocking blood flow to the brain or it isn't. No one is teaching that a blood choke is safe. Anyone who does is a grossly irresponsible. I cannot accept that argument on factual grounds.

How do you know that all 4 didn't know what they were doing? That cop had the entirety of his weight centered on his knee. I know because his other foot was freely moving with no weight on it. It was just there for balance. He was restrained using handcuffs. He was proned out and had shown zero threat.

This is NOT a training issue. This is a morality issue and it lies squarely with that cop.
edit on 6 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Having seen the news conference of the second autopsy, I must conclude that Mr. Floyd was indeed killed by mechanical compression of his neck and chest. His existing medical conditions were not involved in his death. He died at the scene of the arrest and by the time EMTs arrived, it was too late for them to do anything that would help.

There is still a problem with police dealing with people with medical problems but in this case it made no difference.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow that photo of the two cops i posted have been removed... interesting....I think ATS sold its soul

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

Did you upload that photo to ATS or just use an external link? That is suspicious if uploaded but an external link might have been remover or changed on the internet.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
More news on this, the “official autopsy report” is now final. It still says a cardiac condition was involved in the death. It also includes drugs found in his system and even Covid19 positive test results.

I think this will go to the courts to decide which autopsy is correct.

More information on the official report here.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I see what youre saying and youre a poster I like.. but I gotta draw a hard one on this case. This was very simply a murder. Ive looked at the vids and Ive looked at the autopsy stuff, and I still think what I did at the start.. the cop killed the man. Of course he didnt know the medical issues... but that doesnt matter in this instance. The cop made the choice to go over the top with his dominance of this suspect that was clearly not fighting back the entire 7-9 minutes that he had his knee and weight on the man, plus the weight of the other cops at one point. He was subdued, cuffed, and under control. what the cop did was excessive and unnecessary. All of them KNEW that this was wrong. I dont need special training to know that this is and was wrong, and I am not the kind to shy away from force being used on suspects. I dont know if it was racism that was his motivation as I dont know what the cop was thinking.. but I know what he DID and DID NOT do. His actions and later inaction killed this man.

Yeah, the suspect was a POS in my opinion. Sure, he was a bad guy and he passed off fake money. That does not deserve a death sentence. This is the them VS us culture in the PD that promotes the idea that we are all criminals until proven otherwise. I agree that a fundamental change must occur asap in training AND culture. Our cops are mechanized and militarized now.. it may have gone too far to reel back in at this point.

There are bad people out there.. this cop was one regardless of what uniform he was wearing. I am totally for the protests.. if anything should be protested by ALL of us.. THIS is one that should.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I have always believed that this is a case of murder. I made this thread in order to say that while this one officer did in fact kill George Floyd, that is not all that was involved in this incident. The policies and training of the police. and this department in particular it seems, contributed as much to his death as any possible racist motivation of this one officer. This officer did go well beyond what, I would like to think, any reasonable person would consider necessary to restrain Mr. Floyd and his death was the result.

The police in general have a history of not dealing well with people with various medical conditions. They expect all people to be able to respond in a certain manner and sometimes that is not medically possible.

I thank you for your comments about my posts. While I don't always agree with all you have posted, I do most of them, I find them thought provoking.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join