It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts fear alien invasion would be more like 'Independence Day' than 'E.T.'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

We are an oasis in a desert , we could be plundered form outside just as we have plundered from inside.

a reply to: D.Wolf
Invasion wouldn't be necessary as they would hold the high ground , they could just throw rocks at us until we either surrender or are weakened to the point of not being able to resist.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Maybe the ETs are just hyper-ultra-mega conservative and they're here to rid our planet of the libtards (which is all of us, compared to them).

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Why do you think they need "fuel"...? Don't be looking for ship w lights in the skies. That'll be us...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would imagine some natives to SOL system would find the nomadic Visitors a threat especially if they have detected this star system is being probed by non natives.

Which gives reasons to hide. Still why are some SOL system moons numbered? Are some marked as avoid. Who would could be in management of such data.
Maybe there are planetary government and interstellar government.
Which has ultimately more control?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

There is literally nothing here that can't be found in abundance throughout the universe or can't be manufactured with less energy than it would take to make the trip.

The only thing we are an oasis for is art and religion.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Invasion wouldn't be necessary as they would hold the high ground , they could just throw rocks at us until we either surrender or are weakened to the point of not being able to resist.

there you go... aliens throwing big asteroids at us.

Maybe that is what happened in our past... some say humans where here 66 million years ago.... Atlantis wiped out too...

Maybe it's time to hit the reset button again on mankind.

edit on 30-5-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: gortex

there you go... aliens throwing big asteroids at us.

Maybe that is what happened in our past... some say humans where here 66 million years ago.... Atlantis wiped out too...

Maybe it's time to hit the reset button again on mankind.

I know you said that kind of tongue in cheek but I think you might be right about the “reset”.

Earth has been around long enough for what we consider “known history” to have happened tens of thousands of times previously. And, in known history, several large/powerful/advancing civilizations have collapsed and disappeared.

In some cases we understand a bit about why (Romans) and others we’re a little fuzzy on (Mayans). But those were both large civilizations that went kaput.

I doubt that’s because of ET though. For some reason, we stupid humans leverage tech advancements to forward our ability to kill each other - then trickle that tech down until useful stuff for the masses (I.e GPS). I’d say a case could be built that our need to protect/destroy/compete Thats hard wired into our DNA does us in over and over. We reach a point where we have the tools to gain ultimate power/control/wealth - we use them - and then we burn from the inside out.

We’ll take each other down long before ET has to worry about us at the rate we’re going.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
The ET comes first. They are the scouts to see if the fuel to bring the colony ship is worth coming here. They have to evaluate our resources, both what they can take and how we will fight.

I buy the recon angle.

But, I tend to disagree with the “fuel and resources” angle.

Why? Don’t even think about ET for a minute. Think about how much technology has changed for humans in 200 years. The smart phone I’m typing this is would be literally magic/ET tech in 1850. That’s not that long ago.

Assuming we don’t wipe ourselves out first (which I find the most likely outcome), imagine our tech in a billion years. It’s so advanced none of us can comprehend hit. Our wildest sci-FI fantasies probably have come true.

So, if the visiting ETs have a billion years on us, or even millions of years, I really don’t think the WW1 or WW2 thinking about supply lines/manpower/fuel needs/etc. really apply any longer. Heck, some of that doesn’t even apply to modern warfare as we know it due to tech advancements.

Obviously, that’s all speculation. But I can point to our infinitesimal growth as humans in the last couple hundred years to show tech can get way better awfully fast in a short period of time - never mind a long time.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

We’ll take each other down long before ET has to worry about us at the rate we’re going.

Maybe the intergalactic government prevents such failures and just moves the planetary distressed refugees to another planet or moon. And then responds to the planetary threat that caused the Exodus.
Sort of like moving from MARS to EA*RTH due to MARS going fully unstable - poisoned or infected.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Also there may be existing "resources" related to this Star system that most humans have no clue exist.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Twentieth Century Fox beams Keanu Reeves-starring remake (The Day the Earth Stood Still) to Alpha Centauri

You have to wonder why this was done with this film... Just saying.
edit on 30-5-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

What resources do we possess that aren't even more abundant in asteroid belts, icy bodies and stars?

Biological specimens, for study or food. Perhaps they will come to serve man, with all of the trimmings.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Asked and answered. By science.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

What resources do we possess that aren't even more abundant in asteroid belts, icy bodies and stars?

Protein.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ByteChanger

If they have the technology to travel the stars, then it would be easy for them to manufacture proteins by rearranging molecules. Why go to all the effort to come to this tiny solar system, much less planet. There’s trillions of better choices to go to.

Edit: To add, the things would more likely be inter dimensional beings instead of long distance space faring vehicles.
edit on 30-5-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have seen something unexplainable in the past, along with my younger brother and three other people back in 1976. We know what we saw but have no idea what it was. Of course half of Phoenix saw it that night as well, along with the military jets that flew over Phoenix so low and so fast we figured they weren't just practicing as they screamed by after this thing.

I am not willing to call it an alien craft because why would they need lights, different colored lights that blinked on and off, if they were from another world? If they could get here they wouldn't have a need for decorations. So whatever it was, it was cool as hell.

As far as aliens themselves go, I haven't seen one but I sure would like to. If it were like Independence Day we're screwed anyway, bring 'em on!!!

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser
I agree, but we are still stuck in low earth orbit, and have remained so since 1972. I doubt humans will go to Mars and make it alive in my life time, and I’m not considered old yet.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

We got a ton of hydrogen though, which they can use to fuel an advanced military industry on isolated coastline for colonization of the planet itself. They can scour the asteroid belt and gas giant moons for starship fuel.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Planetarian

Since these "Experts" are so "Fearful", what is their recommendation? Lock-Down or Party-Hard?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join