It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Protestors! I get it now!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Neither, one is an gross abuser of power... the other is a moron, raised with a silver spoon in his mouth, who only cared about the "cause" once his career was failing, and he could make money off of it!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Well said man.

it's something I can watch to keep me entertained...

... while I'm reloading...

This part made me laugh. Thank you

That reminded me of this:

Store Owner Defends His Business From Looters

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

One good thing from this, it's almost given the fools in the media something other than Coronavirus to talk about. We long ago reached the SNIP or get off the damn pot stage with that hoax.

Im noticing the news on the corona has subsided. Almost as if... it's not even there. I am also noticing that the same news that told us to social distance is not calling out the rioters for not social distancing. In fact they are actually promoting more of these gatherings.

Interesting how that works...

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

If you think that then give me your address so I can burn down your house.

Well, there's two reasons why I'm not going to do that.

1) It's against the T&C.

2) Assuming you could find it from the address (GPS is not accurate out here; I do not live in a church building, lol), I am home nearly 24/7. When I am gone on those few times, there are others watching it for me, just as I watch theirs. There's also nowhere you can park to case the place out; anyone who tries to stop in one of the many farm road turnoffs is confronted almost immediately, and we all have guns... loaded guns which we have no qualms about using if that need should ever arise. So I am not going to help you commit suicide.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Maybe if some people in power had listened and paid attention when people were kneeling during the national anthem - in stead of roundly mocking them - then things wouldn't be burning now?

Just a thought.

Yup they deflect and gaslighted, instead of listening, peaceful protests gets ignored as the laundry list of such incidents increased, btw someone here on ATS on another thread wrote

If it's not on camera it didn't happened.

Imagine if this wasn't on camera.
And news people are focused on the one dead guy

what's his name??.. George Floyed for people suffering from willful amnesia like the O.P most likely they/he has forgotten

Orlando Castile from the same state and a string of others almost back to back So I'll say some of their name, like

Amaud Arbery
shooting and cover up done by and ex cop and his son, plus the subsequent non arrest & cover-up only three wks ago.

Eric Garner died because he was selling loosises , same exact words

I Can't breathe!!.

to the O.P he's also another what's his name.
Peaceful Protests were made as far
back as

Sandra Bland

same results..according to the system no harm no foul.

Someone suggests in another thread they can't roll with protesters like Colin Kaepernick, because he believed America is racist to the core...I didn't address that remark then. I'll do so now, America is racist and corrupt Af with lots of good and decent people in it.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner found – “No physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation” in the death of George Floyd on Monday.

Source

And he had a history of coke use.Which has long term negative effects on the heart.

How is a cop suppose to know that ?

Him and the cop worked at the same nightclub ?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

what's his name??.. George Floyed for people suffering from willful amnesia like the O.P most likely they/he has forgotten

And here I thought his name was George Floyd.

I wrote the OP. In case it went over your head (which it apparently did), that entire OP was something called "sarcasm." In every post I have made, in this thread and the others I have posted in, I have repeatedly condemned the cop for killing Floyd. Never once have I indicated anything different. When Floyd's character was attacked, I have consistently defended him because the actions of the cop outweighed anything he might have done.

The reason I wrote that OP was that the riots since the murder have been hurting, not helping, the cause of justice. I would love for you to explain to me how burning down an Autozone has helped anyone? Has it decreased racism in the country? Did it bring Floyd back to life? Did it cause the cop to be arrested? Did it send the cop to jail? Did it make others think Floyd was murdered?

Come on; I'm dying to hear this! How did burning down an Autozone store help George Floyd?

I get the protests... I really do. The protestors want to end police brutality against black folk. So do I. They want the other three cops arrested as accessories to murder. So do I. They want to see the cop in prison for killing George Floyd. So do I.

What I don't get are the riots. That's what I was pointing out. The rioters want to burn things. I don't want things burned. They want to kill cops for being cops. I don't. They want to steal stuff. I don't want them to steal stuff.

So what they have done is take a situation where I was in total agreement, where pretty much the whole damn country was in total agreement, with prosecuting everyone involved and sending an actual message to law enforcement that this kind of thing is completely unacceptable... and turned it into a situation where very few outside of the rioters themselves are in agreement with anything. How does that help George Floyd? How does that help his family? How does that help combat racism?

I don't recall Castile or Arbery... it's not like I can keep up with the name of everyone who is killed by the cops. But Eric Garner I do recall... and I was hoping that someone would be prosecuted in that case too. I was outraged when it never happened. All over selling loose smokes... a tragedy that never should have happened.

Dude, don't you get it? You've won! The cop is in jail right now, as we type. He's been charged with 3rd degree murder and manslaughter so far, and from what I hear the MN AG is considering whether or not they think they can prove intent... that would be 2nd degree murder. Even 3rd degree is up to 25 years; if the cop served all of that, he would be 69 years old when he got out... practically a life sentence (a well-deserved life sentence I might add). The whole damn country is behind you on this, even in rural Alabama! The other three? They haven't been arrested yet, but they have been fired and still could face charges (and I hope they do). The system is finally working for you! Let it work!

Someone suggests in another thread they can't roll with protesters like Colin Kaepernick, because he believed America is racist to the core...I didn't address that remark then. I'll do so now, America is racist and corrupt Af with lots of good and decent people in it.

That one wasn't me, but I dislike Kaepernick for a different reason; I believe he disrespected the flag (which stands for the country and those who fought and died defending it) and he wasn't able to promote his message well. Plus, he tried to inject even more politics into the one thing that I used to escape politics for a short time. That ticked me off. I typically am not very compassionate to people who tick me off, just like you likely aren't.

America is corrupt to it's core... there are pockets of racism and always will be, just like there are pockets of bigotry and always will be. Heck, I go by the moniker "Redneck" in real life! You don't think I have come across bigotry? I didn't choose that nickname; others chose it for me, intending to hurt me with it... I just turned it around on them and made them look like fools. I kept it as a reminder that names don't mean crap.

You need to quit listening to talking heads that want to keep you down, keep you dependent on them, keep you in chains of servitude and dependency. I don't give a rat's rear if you're black... you're human. Time to look around and see the truth. You're no worse, but no better, than anyone else.

Just like me.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Yeah you are right.

The cops would never kneel on a white man and kill him.

oh wait

I know, you will all just ignore this video like last time it was posted on this thread.

edit on 1-6-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IanMoone2

Strange i noticed all of the people claiming how racist this country and cops are ignored your post with actualy data.

Ah well, ive had this exact same conversation with many of the same characer.

The truth and facts dont matter, they want to make excuses for burning stuff down and scream RACISM at everything, and they wont let a little pesky thing like facts get in their way

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Also did you ever notice that almsot all people killed by cps are men?

Well that proves this country is sexist and hates men, and cops are sexist and hunting and killing men.

I guess men now have the right to burn down cities for equal justice, and shame on women fro not speaking up against the obvious sexism against men.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Also did you ever notice that almsot all people killed by cps are men?

Well that proves this country is sexist and hates men, and cops are sexist and hunting and killing men.

I guess men now have the right to burn down cities for equal justice, and shame on women fro not speaking up against the obvious sexism against men.

Well thank Gwaad for small victories, for them being decent enough to only kill or brutalized women " less"..btw I've posted in multiple post past, that police brutally tested, in Black and Brown communities will eventually found it's way to poor whites and then the dwindling so call middle class, I've said black folks are that canary in the bird cage.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Ok so you acknoledge law enforcement and the uSA is sexist agianst men. Sweet.

Moving on.

Oh cool, you made a claim about race

Um, white people are the canary in the coal mine for how to abuse blacks. there i claimed it so it must be true!

Wow, this race baiting stuff is fun!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner found – “No physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation” in the death of George Floyd on Monday.

Source

And he had a history of coke use.Which has long term negative effects on the heart.

He's not. What a cop should know is that he/she is responsible for the safety of people in their custody, and that excessive force is a crime even when noone dies.

edit on 1-6-2020 by RadioRobert because: Typo

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Source

He's not. What a cop should know is that he/she is responsible for the safety of people on their custody, and that excessive force is a crime even when noone dies.

Totally agree, I dont understand this take people have

SO if a cop shoots me 5 times in the back, and I end up dying because I have a heart condition and the stress and pain causes a heart attack, the cop is in the clear, because hey, how was he supposed to know I had a heart condition.

That is so dumb its unbelievable.

That cop killed goerge floyd with excessive force, and should be charged to the fullest extent of the law

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Typical LIBERAL?

Chris Martin Palmer, a well known sportswriter, was tweeting things like “burn that sh-t down. Burn it all down,” when the rioters burned down an affordable housing project that was under construction.

Just days later, the riots began to creep closer to his home in a Los Angeles gated community, at which time the rioters became “animals.”
Source: districtherald.com...

Yep...Typical LIBERAL.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

What I don't get are the riots. That's what I was pointing out. The rioters want to burn things. I don't want things burned. They want to kill cops for being cops. I don't. They want to steal stuff. I don't want them to steal stuff.

I don't want riots either, but no one is addressing this locally or nationally without it.

Again if the vids were not there Amaud Arbery's killers would be out breathing free air, we only got action because one of the suspects wasn't too bright and released his footage, and folks took to the streets..why should it take folks to print signs and get loud, why not just do their job in the first place.this
And no they don't want to kill cops for being cops, they want cops to treat them as human beings, to be able to get rid of racist and corrupt cops who infiltrated their orgs according to the FBI

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?
www.pbs.org...

Don't you think with such infestation probably now 16 yrs deep, and these folks are now in the higher positions by now , making policy things seem to get worst??

edit on 1-6-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Sad but true, you just want to side step it but it's ok!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Sad but true, you just want to side step it but it's ok!

You have no evdience at all.

More white people are shot by police every year.

A harvard study found it was almsot statistically the same, but actually unarmed white people were more likely to be shot by police than blacks.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

The result contradicts the image of police shootings that many Americans hold after the killings (some captured on video) of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; Walter Scott in South Carolina; Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, La.; and Philando Castile in Minnesota.

www.nytimes.com...

Young black men make up around 6% of the population, but are responsible for around 50% of homicides.

Hence they will be more likely to have more aggressive encounters with police.

But as usual, the racial grievance industry will ignore all facts and just shout RACISM, as if thats proof of anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

In the U.S., African Americans are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police than white people. For black women, the rate is 1.4 times more likely.
www.citylab.com...

And the look over there not here industry is up and running strong.
But like I said it OK!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

In the U.S., African Americans are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police than white people. For black women, the rate is 1.4 times more likely.
www.citylab.com...

And the look over there not here industry is up and running strong.
But like I said it OK!

What does this prove?

first men are far more likely than women to be killed, so the country is more sexist than racist. Why are you or the racial grievance people never discussing that?

Second, when it comes to unarmed shootings, whites are more likely to be shot than blacks (though withing the margin of error, so we could say its about equal)

Now you numbers showing blacks are more likely to be killed by police

Ok, how does that prove racism?

If 6 percent of the population commits 50% of the homicides, why wouldnt we expect them to be more likely to be killed by police?

Another way of presenting your data would be "racial group that wildly disproportionate amount of murders moore likely to be killed by police"

yep thats exactly what we would expect.

And again, when unarmed, blacks are less likely to be killed.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I don't want riots either, but no one is addressing this locally or nationally without it.

They can't address it with the riots; there can be no law enforcement at all if all is chaos.

Again if the vids were not there Amaud Arbery's killers would be out breathing free air, we only got action because one of the suspects wasn't too bright and released his footage, and folks took to the streets..why should it take folks to print signs and get loud, why not just do their job in the first place.

I keep hearing that... and I have to agree. I don't want to agree. I desperately want to find some way to say this is all just an excuse, but it isn't.

Here's the thing, though: social movement takes time. Hell, it's been over 150 years since the War of Northern Aggression and over 50 years since Dr. King marched for equal rights and got it... and yet, still, so many people believe we in the South are just a bunch of racist hicks. Believe it or not, you're not alone in discrimination... we feel that same pain. We live together pretty much in harmony here now. Would be damn nice if someone else would notice.

I remember the outcry from the Garner case... you seem to indicate that the Arbery case resulted in a conviction. The Floyd case is likely going to result in a major conviction. Public opinion is moving in the right direction. Let it keep going; don't stop it with riots just because you're impatient. You won't get there any faster going the wrong direction.

And no, that is not me being unsympathetic. It's just sad reality. Reality is usually sad in my experience, but it is what it is.

And no they don't want to kill cops for being cops, they want cops to treat them as human beings, to be able to get rid of racist and corrupt cops who infiltrated their orgs according to the FBI

Same thing I want. Those dirty cops hit my people as well. They'll pull a gun on me as well. They'll slam me into the ground as well. It's not really racism as much as it is Authoritarianism.

But... cops have been killed. More have been hurt. Not because they did something wrong, but because they were cops. An entire precinct was burned to the ground in Minneapolis... was every single cop there dirty? I doubt it, but they were all cops. So what else are people watching supposed to think? Put yourself in their shoes.

Now we have seen one dirty cop and three apathetic (at least) cops. The country is outraged at all of them. They're either going down or you'll have people taking to the streets again. The politicians are stuck; quite a few of them will lose their job if Floyd's murderer walks free. And now, the next time something happens, people will be more likely to believe it. The next time a cop hears someone gasp "I can't breathe" he'll likely stop the pressure at least.

I repeat, the system is finally working. Let it work. It's a John Deere, not a Ferrari.

Don't you think with such infestation probably now 16 yrs deep, and these folks are now in the higher positions by now making policy things seem to get worst??

No, I don't think; I'm sure of it. Check back through my posting history and you'll see me warning about this over and over. It's not that all cops are bad... it's that the upper echelons of the police are corrupt and the bad cops get a pass. But those upper echelons are beholden to political powers, and as I stated above those political powers are now forced to fix the problem. Really, if someone has to go, who do you think it will be? The corrupt Police Chief, or the Mayor?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join