It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Protestors! I get it now!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

At some point someone has to call these rioters what they are - domestic terrorists, and treat them accordingly.

Burning a police station isn’t near as violent an act as holding your knee on a persons neck and choking the life out of them.

You all can keep trying to justify your rage at the reaction to oppression all you want. You can keep wishing the government steps in and violently confronts these people. All that does is expose you for what you truly are. Statist lapdogs who are fine with authoritarianism as long as you believe it benefits you.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

There is a Fine Line between a Cop and a Criminal . Sometimes they are Both ..............(

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So attacking innocent people is okay if you are angry enough. But defending yourself against those attacks is wrong?

Serious question: would you call thousands of black people looting, burning, and pillaging their way through one community after another oppressive?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

So attacking innocent people is okay if you are angry enough. But defending yourself against those attacks is wrong?

Serious question: would you call thousands of black people looting, burning, and pillaging their way through one community after another oppressive?

Serious question, you're not really ignorant and bias enough to convince yourself it's just black people this time, right? Also what innocent people are being attacked? Seems the rioters/protestors are all on the same side, burn the material goods of the establishment down because they care more about stuff than they do lives.

The mental hurdles some of you will jump through to excuse the fact you know DAMN WELL nothing happens with peaceful protests/speeches because you very same people that condemn the riots tune out the peaceful efforts because their issue isn't personally happening to you.

Just like the other fool above acting like he's above all of this because it doesn't happen in your uppity little all white community.

The blissfully ignorant racism layered throughout these responses tells me one thing, they're burning the wrong neighborhoods to the ground. They need to come burn the passive enablers out of their bubbles.
edit on 30-5-2020 by JustAnothaFella because: Typo

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They tried to start this crap in Boston.... Lots of cracked heads.
One place that knows how to control a protest that attempts to go illegal and violent.
Boston Strong is not just a slogan.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnothaFella

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Serious question, you're not really ignorant and bias enough to convince yourself it's just black people this time, right? Also what innocent people are being attacked? Seems the rioters/protestors are all on the same side, burn the material goods of the establishment down because they care more about stuff than they do lives.

The mental hurdles some of you will jump through to excuse the fact you know DAMN WELL nothing happens with peaceful protests/speeches because you very same people that condemn the riots tune out the peaceful efforts because their issue isn't personally happening to you.

Just like the other fool above acting like he's above all of this because it doesn't happen in your uppity little all white community.

The blissfully ignorant racism layered throughout these responses tells me one thing, they're burning the wrong neighborhoods to the ground.

They need to come burn the passive enablers out of their bubbles.

Why do people like you always head straight to ad hom attacks?

I don't think its just black people. I asked a hypothetical question in which it was.

What kind of mental hurdle do you have to stumble into to think its not primarily black people doing the looting? Just look at the videos and save the sanctimonious bs for someone who will be impressed by it.

Your pathetic attempts at justifying this criminal behaviour say a lot about you too.

MLK accomplished quite a bit without looting a single liquor store. I guess maybe peaceful protest does work after all...

This kind of thing doesn't happen in our white community because A) we are smart enough to not burn down our own neighborhood, B) we know that behavior will not get people on our side, C) we want solutions to violence, not more violence.

They need to come burn the passive enablers out of their bubbles.

Showing your true colors. Come to my upitty little neighborhood and try this crap. See how far it gets you. I can tell you how far that will be. 6.7 miles - the distance to the nearest emergency room.
edit on 30-5-2020 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Totally justifies burning out the black small business owners in that neighborhood! How dare they try to come back and make something in their communties to try to lift it up!

When something with a cop goes south, we burn those people out ... RAWR, and idiots justify our actions.

edit on 30-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnothaFella

You really weren't watching the video were you? Plenty of people doing the looting, all kinds of people. And they're all ghetto trash thugs no matter where they actually come from or what they look like. Only lowlifes act like that. Oh, excuse me, some were trailer trash. Does the term change make it better for you?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

And one more thing, if you’re offended more by the reaction to oppression than the oppression itself, maybe it’s you who are the problem.

Something for all you right wingers who are triggered by what you’re seeing to think about.

Speaking of reareareactions toward the reaction to oppression; I've been quite surprised by how many middle aged upper middle class suburban white soccer moms are very enthusiastic about these riots. My social media pages are full of people from this group posting memes in support of the riotis, anarchy in general and the strif experience by the black community. Two months ago all they would post about was their children's dance residuals; last month they were worried the world was coming to an end because they got locked down in their homes; and now they want to see other people's communities burn to the ground.

Its quite interesting to see such an eclectic set of reactions from what was once a very vanilla demographic.
edit on 30-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I'm from the North of England, a much poorer area than Liverpool or London essentially but we have nowhere near the murder rates or police brutality here as a major city.

Being poor is a result of something and not so much the reason. There are a lot of poor people in the world that are basically good, honest, hard working people. The reason why they are poor has a lot of external influences that make it extreme hard for them to come out of that, but the reason why many in the big cities are poor is they lack by choice things that would allow them to progress in life by being " good, honest, hard workers" while not spending a life time of one poor choice after another.

There is nothing wrong or bad by being poor, but what we can say in a place like America is people's poor choices and bad attitudes for life in general keeps them poor.

edit on 30-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Wealth doesn't have too much to do with it. Plenty of wealthy people do become drug addicts, involved in organised crime or just generally being a nuisance to society. However wealthy people do tend to have a choice in being ignorant and destructive.

Poorer people not so much.

It is mainly down to the upbringing and what's accepted as normal. It's always easy to blame the youth but it is the older generations that raise them, kids are very easily influenced too.

Comparing a Brit in London or an American in Detroit to an Indian in Delhi under similar circumstances will 9/10 show the Indian to be a "good citizen" in the surface because we're comparing apples to oranges. They don't have welfare nets... I guess going down that road you could say in the west we're weak.

But I can't blame a kid for having the mentality of a criminal when mum's thick as pig # working 50 hrs a week and still needing hand outs, her boyfriend is a druggie and the kids at school say they'll give me $20 a day to hold some product for them...

That's the kind of situation they face, it's easier to be scum and unless you're some kind of rapper or something you are most likely going to die in the estate or hood.

So I somewhat agree, bad choices and bad attitudes but it's hard to be any different when you've never seen any different. Me personally I just loath seeing kids trying to be adults, their role models are as corrupted as the world they live in. I'm not sure how to instill hope and decency in people who live like that.

Do you?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

That's the kind of situation they face, it's easier to be scum and unless you're some kind of rapper or something you are most likely going to die in the estate or hood.

So I somewhat agree, bad choices and bad attitudes but it's hard to be any different when you've never seen any different. Me personally I just loath seeing kids trying to be adults, their role models are as corrupted as the world they live in. I'm not sure how to instill hope and decency in people who live like that.

Do you?

That is one of the big problems in inter cities, they see crime, easy money and drugs as a norm. This is a cultural thing that people have evolved to. I watch protesters and many are pretty F uped people...lol Then you have anarchist type groups that want to tear as much down as they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. In Portland about 50 young adults broke into a Louis Vuitton store and emptied it with big smiles on their faces. They don't care if the cops grab them as they don't have a real career to lose or care about a family to feed.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I think they mean he was a user, felon, playin' $ games whatever....still. Like that matters? It doesnt. He was human...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

George Floyd was the biggest contributor to his death.

Him being a convicted felon that tried to pass fake money that carries a 20 year sentence, along with his record.

He was going to prison. No if,ands or buts.

IF there was a problem then it's with training, and accepted practices.

LMAO, so, tried and convicted? GTFOH!!

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

if you’re offended more by the reaction to oppression than the oppression itself, maybe it’s you who are the problem.

Well, the cop that killed Floyd was fired almost immediately, arrested a few days later, and charged with murder. Seems that is being taken care of (as best we can). The only thing to add there is to try and do more to ensure that criminals don't continue to become cops. I am pretty passionate about that; I think I even suggested we need a psych exam on all potential hires.

The rioting, however, is still a problem. It has been going on for several days and increasing each day. I saw a shot on the news this morning that made me furious: it was two boarded up doors. One had the words "Please don't burn" spray painted on it, and the other had the words "Children sleeping upstairs."

Now, I just saw the post where you think burning down more police stations would be a good thing. What about the fire spreading? What about people trapped in the buildings it spreads to? You really want to see children burned allive in their sleep? And you have the gumption to call me the problem?

Here's a better solution: the next protest (which is likely starting now) let's just kill the first person to set a fire. No warning, no notice, find someone setting a fire and throw a bullet in them. Done deal; we can do it for the children. Is that the world you want to live in? Because that's where we're heading with attitudes like yours.

I can remember when liberals were marching around and spitting on returning soldiers, calling them "baby burners." You certainly are not a liberal, seeing as now you seem to think burning babies is a good thing.

Pitiful.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Well, I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks.

I've been watching the news about all these protests that finished up their what? 4th night now? 5th? I kinda lost count. It took me a long time to understand how this was supposed to work... I've been criticizing protests on this site for some time now. Well, it looks like I was just displaying ignorance. When folks get older like me, we don't learn as goodly-like as we used to. Takes us a little bit longer.

I get it now... at least I think I do. You see, I just finished binge-watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars... how bored does one have to be to binge watch all 6 seasons? That was bordering on torture. I binge watched The Mandalorian before that, liked it... been trying to find new movies, but apparently the actors aren't acting 'cause they're skeered of gettin' sick. Even wrasslin' is kinda boring now, since all the fans are gone. They added in some low-key wrasslers from their development roster in the stands (behind plexiglass panels of course), but it's still just not the same.

But now I get to watch the protests! And I'm learning! I finally figured out that it's your right to protest... thank God, because life was getting pretty boring here and I imagine it was getting pretty boring in the cities, too. We're kinda used to it. It looks exciting, though. Nice big bonfires going, people having a good time... well, everyone except the cops, but they deserve it, amirite?

I get it that those businesses are OK, too. So they burned to the ground... they're insured! Those fat cat evil owners that charged people too much for stuff they wanted, they're going to have to sit home now and collect that insurance money. Serves them right! Maybe next time they won't make their prices so high. And just think... at the same time you took care of them, you freed their employees! Yeah! that's your friends and neighbors, and now they can protest with you since they won't be going to work any time soon. Power to the People!

I heard some fool complaining on Fox News that they wouldn't have any money to eat now... but when you can just run in and grab the food out of the burning buildings, you don't need money, amirite? Just pick a different store to burn and loot every night. There's a whole lot of stores to choose from, so you can do that a long time... maybe even a few weeks!

Good job taking out the cop stations, too. You showed them good! That cop that killed what's-his-name... you know the black guy that he's in jail for killing now... damn, I wish I could remember his name, but with all the protests I seem to have forgotten it. Doesn't matter, though, because you showed them cops who's boss! Now they'll have to rebuild that station from the ground up again. Use some more of that tax money. Serves them right, all that law and order stuff. Who needs law and order? You got a right to protest! Yeah!

And don't let all those people condemning him fool you. They don't mean it. They're just charging him with third degree murder to fool you. The whole damn country is in on that trick, too. Heck I saw that Judge Jeanine lady on Fox acting like she was all upset and ready to eat barbwire and spit 6-penny nails. Who does she think she's fooling? If she was really serious, she would have been there when what's-his-name was killed and shot that cop! Putting him in jail until he's 69 years old is just downright patronizing!

See? I'm learning a lot from you. After all, I got nothing better to do. I learned that you can just keep moving too... when you finish with the city you can go to the suburbs... and when you finish with the suburbs you can move out into the country. There's no stopping you now! And the whole time, it's something I can watch to keep me entertained...

... while I'm reloading...

Keep it in the city. Maybe you taught me too well. Maybe I really do get it.

TheRedneck

One good thing about burning grocery stores and 7/11 is that the food you loot is already cooked to go.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You KNEW exactly why Kap knelt.

I love how people who have never met me in person can still tell me what I am thinking at any given moment. Do you mind-read as a hobby, or is that your profession?

I don't watch football for political news; I have ATS for that. I watch football (or used to) to get away from politics.

Those who make peaceful resistance impossible, make violent resistance in inevitable.

I'm not sure how to take that.

I'm sure you didn't mean that people who don't do exactly as you say should be forced to do so through violence. I mean, no civilized individual would make such a statement. Is that like, "We want everyone to social distance voluntarily, but anyone who doesn't do so will be forced to by law"?

How very Orwellian of you.

This fact it triggered so many of you hillbillies, is what was so genius in the simplicity of it.

Redneck, not hillbilly. There's a difference.

I guess the fact you used a sport with 80% black players...

Whoa, Nelly!

You should be aware that I don't take kindly to people spouting racism... I spent enough time in my life belittling the KKK to start letting that attitude slide now. Why does it matter what skin color a football player has? Why does it matter what skin color a cop has? Why does it matter what skin color a murder victim has?

None of those matter to me. It never enters my thought process. Apparently it enters your thoughts quite a bit, since you brought it up. How about this: I ignore your future posts as those of a wanna-be KKK member who thinks skin color is the most important thing about everyone they meet, and you keep your racism packed away somewhere else?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Burning a police station isn’t near as violent an act as holding your knee on a persons neck and choking the life out of them.

Whatever is happening in your head that makes you say something like that, I hope you get professional help for it.

Soon if possible.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

they're burning the wrong neighborhoods to the ground. They need to come burn the passive enablers out of their bubbles.

bring body bags.

A lot of 'em.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

MLK accomplished quite a bit without looting a single liquor store. I guess maybe peaceful protest does work after all...

Dr. King accomplished his goals because he had them. There is no goal to these protests. There is no demand, no action that can be taken to stop the protests.

That's why the kneeling protests didn't work and it's why the riots won't work. They can't. Only those who are already embroiled in the problem can understand why this is happening. Dr. King was very specific: "We want equality." At the same time, he marched peacefully and calmly, showing to the entire world that he and his followers deserved equality because they were as much human and as civilized as anyone else.

Incidentally, Dr. King's niece has thoroughly denounced the riots. Not those who are actually protesting for a specific remedy; she supports them.

Protestors don't seem to do that any more. Now, I know what the protests are over because I have seen the sickening act that started it far more times than I would have liked. One thing I am proud of is that I know of no one who thinks that cop was in the right... living right smack dab in the middle of rural Alabama, the buckle on the Bible Belt, the Heart of Dixie, probably the most conservative place in the nation, I still can't find anyone who doesn't think that cop should be dumped in prison until he's too old to matter. The struggle for civil rights is over; Dr. King won. The people are solidly against the cop. They see George Floyd as a human with as much value as any other human. I like that!

I did see an interview today with a gentleman that was aired last night. He was asked why he was there. He responded that he and those with him were not there to cause any trouble, they didn't want to burn anything, and they didn't want any violence. When asked what it was he wanted, what he expected to happen, he replied that he wanted to see the other three cops arrested as well as accessories.

Well fiddle my grits! So do I! Good show, fella! Go protest! Stay with it!

That's is in direct opposition to the people I saw in other clips that were attacking cops, setting fires, starting fights... not sure what they are demanding, and I really don't care. I demand they stop endangering everybody around them. Then I might be interested in what they have to say. Not before.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join