It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Protestors! I get it now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well, I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks.

I've been watching the news about all these protests that finished up their what? 4th night now? 5th? I kinda lost count. It took me a long time to understand how this was supposed to work... I've been criticizing protests on this site for some time now. Well, it looks like I was just displaying ignorance. When folks get older like me, we don't learn as goodly-like as we used to. Takes us a little bit longer.

I get it now... at least I think I do. You see, I just finished binge-watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars... how bored does one have to be to binge watch all 6 seasons? That was bordering on torture. I binge watched The Mandalorian before that, liked it... been trying to find new movies, but apparently the actors aren't acting 'cause they're skeered of gettin' sick. Even wrasslin' is kinda boring now, since all the fans are gone. They added in some low-key wrasslers from their development roster in the stands (behind plexiglass panels of course), but it's still just not the same.

But now I get to watch the protests! And I'm learning! I finally figured out that it's your right to protest... thank God, because life was getting pretty boring here and I imagine it was getting pretty boring in the cities, too. We're kinda used to it. It looks exciting, though. Nice big bonfires going, people having a good time... well, everyone except the cops, but they deserve it, amirite?

I get it that those businesses are OK, too. So they burned to the ground... they're insured! Those fat cat evil owners that charged people too much for stuff they wanted, they're going to have to sit home now and collect that insurance money. Serves them right! Maybe next time they won't make their prices so high. And just think... at the same time you took care of them, you freed their employees! Yeah! that's your friends and neighbors, and now they can protest with you since they won't be going to work any time soon. Power to the People!

I heard some fool complaining on Fox News that they wouldn't have any money to eat now... but when you can just run in and grab the food out of the burning buildings, you don't need money, amirite? Just pick a different store to burn and loot every night. There's a whole lot of stores to choose from, so you can do that a long time... maybe even a few weeks!

Good job taking out the cop stations, too. You showed them good! That cop that killed what's-his-name... you know the black guy that he's in jail for killing now... damn, I wish I could remember his name, but with all the protests I seem to have forgotten it. Doesn't matter, though, because you showed them cops who's boss! Now they'll have to rebuild that station from the ground up again. Use some more of that tax money. Serves them right, all that law and order stuff. Who needs law and order? You got a right to protest! Yeah!

And don't let all those people condemning him fool you. They don't mean it. They're just charging him with third degree murder to fool you. The whole damn country is in on that trick, too. Heck I saw that Judge Jeanine lady on Fox acting like she was all upset and ready to eat barbwire and spit 6-penny nails. Who does she think she's fooling? If she was really serious, she would have been there when what's-his-name was killed and shot that cop! Putting him in jail until he's 69 years old is just downright patronizing!

See? I'm learning a lot from you. After all, I got nothing better to do. I learned that you can just keep moving too... when you finish with the city you can go to the suburbs... and when you finish with the suburbs you can move out into the country. There's no stopping you now! And the whole time, it's something I can watch to keep me entertained...

... while I'm reloading...

Keep it in the city. Maybe you taught me too well. Maybe I really do get it.

TheRedneck

+31 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
They certainly think they're right.

Although nothing they done is covered under the constitutional right of PEACEABLE Assembly.

They're domestic terrorists.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Hmmmm......

I certainly don't condone the destruction of personal property. The majority of ppl living, and working in those communities had nothing to do with any of this. The ppl looting and burning aren't doing so out of principle, or some altruistic motive. They are just hoodlum trash.

I also think the cop should serve a looonnnggg prison sentence. From all appearances, he was just being an authoritarian dick.

Having said that, peaceful protests rarely accomplish anything substantive. Many of the founding fathers thought revolution was acceptable if/when the situation called for it.

If protests were limited to being peaceful, the US likely remains a British colony for another century.

“I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical....It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.”— Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

The violence we've seen justifies the harsh actions of the cop.

At least some will think that.

No urban city in 'Murica like Minneapolis to LA are like Mayberry RFD.

People need to get it through their thick heads.

The streets of America aren't very safe to begin with. Tha'ts why we have cops.

+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Rebellion against a tyrannical government, which has nothing to do with looting and burning stores that have nothing to do with the government.

+5 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

One good thing from this, it's almost given the fools in the media something other than Coronavirus to talk about. We long ago reached the SNIP or get off the damn pot stage with that hoax.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The violence we've seen justifies the harsh actions of the cop.

At least some will think that.

No urban city in 'Murica like Minneapolis to LA are like Mayberry RFD.

People need to get it through their thick heads.

I have to disagree there. His action, to remain on the guys neck, after he was subdued, was not justified. I have been on the wrong side of that.

There is a difference between necessary force, and being an a$$. Once a person is incapacitated in such a way as to not present a danger, the need for physical restraint is over.

I get that it is a very nebulous line, but it is crossed too often IMO.

Don't misunderstand, police have thankless jobs, and are often in a no win situation. That's not an excuse for what happened in this particular case.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Rebellion against a tyrannical government, which has nothing to do with looting and burning stores that have nothing to do with the government.

Agree. I thought I made that clear in my post. Perhaps not.

My response was related to the peaceful protest comment in general, not specifically this case.

+4 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

To make them less safe?

I seriously doubt that George Floyd felt very safe around cops as he was dying.

The police are a necessity, and most of them are good cops. The problem is that bad cops have been growing in number and boldness for quite some time and the problem has been largely ignored.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Wait, you mean I didn't have it all figured out?

Back to studying I guess.

TheRedneck

+22 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I hate like hell to spoil the party but when I heard "we're coming to the suburbs!" I checked to make sure every magazine was full. The party will end in the suburbs I can guar-an-damn-tee-you that. We're old fuddy duddies out here and don't approve of all the racket and raucous ramblings.

Eta: The entire season of Clone Wars?
You poor bastard.
I can overnight you some books if you want.
edit on 30-5-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

link   

Maybe if some people in power had listened and paid attention when people were kneeling during the national anthem - in stead of roundly mocking them - then things wouldn't be burning now?

Just a thought.

+4 more 
link   

George Floyd was the biggest contributor to his death.

Him being a convicted felon that tried to pass fake money that carries a 20 year sentence, along with his record.

He was going to prison. No if,ands or buts.

IF there was a problem then it's with training, and accepted practices.

+15 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Maybe if Colin Kaepernick had made his protest in such a way as to actually address the problem, people would have listened. Just indicating one hates the country that has given them so much is not a way to draw sympathy to a cause, and that was the message I got from his actions.

Well, that and the fact that he didn't want me to enjoy even a football game free of divisive politics. I haven't watched the NFL since, and have no inclination to do so now. I loved it before the politics was injected. There's a time and place for everything.

I truly had no idea it was about police brutality until he had already been released.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

George Floyd was the biggest contributor to his death.

So the lack of blood to the brain had little to do with it?

Wow... just wow...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner found – “No physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation” in the death of George Floyd on Monday.

Source

And he had a history of coke use.Which has long term negative effects on the heart.

How is a cop suppose to know that ?

edit on 30-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

IF there was a problem then it's with training, and accepted practices.

I would add that phyche profiling for street LEOs might also be in order.

I believe the majority of officers are probably well adjusted everyday ppl, just doing their job the best tgey can, but the profession, by definition tends to attract overbearing, authoritarian types that, in some cases, let it go to their head.

On the other hand, you don't want a bunch of timid fraidy cats as cops either.

Bottom line, there are good and bad in any profession, or walk of life. Police are often held to a higher standard, which is fine in theory, but in practice, not realistic.

+4 more 
posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

"The technique that was used is not permitted; is not a technique that our officers get trained in on," Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said. "And our chief has been very clear on that piece. There is no reason to apply that kind of pressure with a knee to someone's neck."
source

The suspected cause of death is not suffocation or asphyxiation. It is rather the compression of the carotid artery in the neck, leading to a lack of blood flow to the brain. Thus far the autopsy has not been completed, although asphyxiation has been ruled out. Excess carotid pressure has not been ruled out.

I am unsure how one can see the video and make the determination that George Floyd caused his own death. His actions may have led to his arrest and encounter with the police, but I am unaware of forgery or counterfeiting being a capital offense.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

other hand, you don't want a bunch of timid fraidy cats as cops either.

Bottom line, there are good and bad in any profession, or walk of life. Police are often held to a higher standard, which is fine in theory, but in practice, not realistic.

that would make sense only if there was an equal number of detained petty 'white' crimies dying at the same rate from police detention....

so all the officers who shoot blacks in the back or just kill them by asphyxiation are all the bad apples...

statistically our mathematics makes it impossible for every bad apples to only be the ones killing blacks

edit on 30-5-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Ironically enough, it is the authoritarian types that tend to be the "timid fraidy cats." Just like a schoolyard bully picking on those smaller than him to cover inner fear, so too most authoritarians tend to be insecure and generally fearful. Their outward actions are a cover to hide those feelings.

I agree; the position of law enforcement officer is not suitable for such types. Cops should ideally be the most well adjusted and capable in society. Many are. This one was not. A psychological exam for the police would be a huge step in the right direction.

A bigger step would be to extend that to politicians... but that's a pipe dream.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join