It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired on LE in Minneapolis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Looked like pretty mixed groups to me too.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Got to agree on the lockdown, it is making some people crazy and understandably so

I just don't know what more they could want AP, sure they could argue over the specificity of the charges but their strategy makes sense here...trying to go for 1st degree murder is basically out of the question (he didn't wake up knowing he'd encounter Mr. Floyd) 2nd is questionable since proving a state of mind is pretty tough... but 3rd, its very achievable

"Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree," Minnesota statue says.

Applying a choke hold is well known to be using deadly force (force a reasonable person could expect to cause death or serious bodily harm) and given the circumstances (knowing he's having a medical emergency, he's restrained, etc) I think there's a real chance for achieving a conviction on this

On the 3rd degree murder charge alone he's looking at as much as 25 years

His career is over, his wife is divorcing him...the civil suit will bankrupt whatever assets he *did* hold (his totally uninvolved wife is smart to get out now)

And on top of that, more than 99% of people in the US (dems and republicans alike) agree this was outright murder and condemned it
edit on 5/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Tim its a shame to see people saying this kind of crap

I havent seen anybody really, black/white/what have you supporting the officer's actions here

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There were several LE fatalities throughout the night, including one from the Federal Protective Service at a US government facility

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have never tried to paste anything from Twitter, As such there may be plenty of edits.

This video is of an armed citizen taking an AR-15 from a looter that took it out of a police cruiser.

Insane video as a security guard with
@Q13FOX
swiftly and expertly disarmed a rioter with a stolen AR-15. Police were alerted and the gun was handed over.

A revealing video

edit on 31-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

He approached with a handgun in his right hand, another ar-15 slung over his right shoulder and disarmed the man. He then expertly dropped the magazine and ejected a cartridge from the chamber.

Cool video!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join