It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do I Remove the COVID-19 App From My Android Phone?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

a reply to: Mandroid7

thanks - chaps i dont have any " covid-19" app - secretly uploaded - and yes - my phone did " some upgrade " last night

but i wants to gget rid of some of the bloatware - foisted on me by google , samsung and " 3 " telecom [ my old provider ]

none i consider danggerous - but - they will get me 600 meg back - and speed mmy phone up

i is too stupid to root it - so - a easy option - looks good

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Have you tried putting it in a bag of rice for a few hours?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It's not from google. Google and Apple will make their OS able to use contact tracing via Bluetooth. Not GPS. Any covad app you have now is either legit or malware but it is not made by Google nor was it pushed onto your phone via google.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Some research shows that both Apple and Android will be "baking in" the Covid app in the near future.

I use an android app called no root firewall which allows me to block access to any app on my devices. Typically, I block most everything unless I actually need it, like play store, google, etc..

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Factory reset?
i am sure it will get rid of it

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You could wipe it.....you know,.....Like with a cloth?

The Clinton method of "uninstalling ".

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah man..drives me crazy. Those 2 programs are phenomenal. I did the paid versions.
They really locked down the system on the new androids.
My note 10+ has no jailbreak without bugs that I know of.
Even a custom rom drops battery charge capacity.

That ccswe app can absolutely gut all the redundant spy garbage on your phone.
The noroot firewall can confirm nothing is communicating without your permission and logs every attempt.

If this is pushed in an update, it probably wont be an app. It will be hidden in the os an not removable.
Will probably operate/gain permissions outside of actual permissions page, so you will never see it.

All pretty redundant on android imo...since spookle run maps are tracking you anyway.
I'm guessing they just needed the other brands out there like Apple.

Either way, some countries have started this weird gateway to life using your phone type technofacism.
Didn't get the nanoshot? Yeah, your not safe to enter work or grocery stores.

The time will be here to smash all phones and sue carriers if this does push through.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I would have absolutely no reason to lie about this.

I hate the "smart phone" and used a flip phone for ages, until my job forced it on me because they needed me to have access to documents when in the field, and they needed me to have the ability to send copies of documents back to the office from the field.

I was at my Brother's house in South Florida last night, when he asked me if my phone had recently updated. I was sure it hadn't because I do not have my phone set for automatic updates. He told me to go to Google settings and see if COVID-19 notifications had been downloaded to my phone.

I didn't even know how to do that, until he told me how. I just went to settings. Listed there in settings was the Google option. When I tapped on Google, listed there was "COVID-19 Notifications". It had a brief description and a highlighted "Learn more", in blue.

When I tapped "Learn more", it gave information about the function, which included instructions for how to turn off notifications and how to uninstall, but I was unable to use either of those options.

Maybe I am using the wrong word. Maybe it is not an app, maybe it is a function, but it was there, and I don't have the time nor the desire to play ATS troll.

My knowledge of cell phones is extremely limited, that is why I thought I may be able to receive some help and understanding from ATS . I see I made a mistake.

I thank everyone that legitimately tried to help me. I tried the app removers suggested and the notification is no longer visible. I don't know it is actually still there or if it will return. I will be more vigilant, even if I can't do anything about it, I will be aware.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
At least I know why it is no longer showing on my phone.

I tried to uninstall Google Play but was unable to, so I chose the option to disable it.

Android phones will get the COVID-19 tracking updates via Google Play

Again, thank all of you that responded to my call for assistance. A special thanks to all of you that helped me figure this out.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: staple

In the description it did say something about Bluetooth. I rarely use Bluetooth or Location on my phone. I have noticed that I frequently have to turn off the Location when I have had no reason to use it, so something is turning it on at will. I used to have game apps on my phone but I removed them a while back, because of the amount of battery power they were using, even when I wasn't playing them.

I have almost none now, only the ones that don't have a remove option, which I have disabled, if I can, and the ones required by my State job.

I know our cell phones have abilities most of us are not aware of, because I have seen our forensic IT team at work. I am one of those people that has nothing to hide, but prefer to keep my blinds closed.

I want nothing to do with contact tracing. Call me anything you like, but I feel so strongly about contact tracing that I am ready to quit my job, and dispense with all cell phones. I am very much aware that it will do little good, because they already know everything they need to know about me. I was issued a top secret security clearance when I was in the military. I work for the State, and I live in a small remote area. So I am an open book, and even without a cell phone, I stick out like glow stick in the dark. It is strictly about principle for me at this point. I might have to wear a dog collar, but I am not going to put it on willingly, and I am not going to stop trying to take it off.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think this answered my question about a flip phone.

now.tufts.edu...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My phone has it too..... as soon as I enter the page.... at the top it says 'To turn on Covid 19 exposure notifications open an available app'.

I think you do not have an available app........ and that is why the 'turn off exposure notifications' is unavailable/unusable.

It says on mine that you have to download your public health authority's app...... if you haven't then there is no app on your phone.

edit on 30-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have it too. Setting, Google, there it is at the top. Not happy about it at all. And I have an unlocked phone.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

edit on 30-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thank you. On further research I found that Google and Apple are the foundation for all the tracking apps that are being made available.

They are basically the motherships for invading hardware. Or should I say motherboard?

I disabled Google Play and that seems to have done the trick, for now. But since they can download ti my phone and change my settings at will, I will still be looking for more effective solution.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Mine has it too but it says you have to have the public health app and bluetooth turned on before it will do anything. I don't have either. I did try that noroot firewall but I can't get it to access FB, it says there is no IP information.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I was only able to remove it with the Revo app and the CCWE app. I used one right behind the other so I don't know if one, or both was the one that removed it.

I get an attention icon every time I turn on phone, trying to get me to restore Google Play Music, so I am working on getting rid of that.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I finally found someone else that is as disturbed by this as I am. I had to go to the Netherlands.

And Australia

edit on 30-5-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Addendum.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
MICROWAVE IT

Then call the phone company and tell them it was stolen and if you have insurance, they'll send you another.

This is why I never ever EVER install software on my phone. The BS installed on them is malware enough. That's why I got an Essential Phone. Even without all the bloatware, Google has it's grubby eyes and ears all over it.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
What do you mean by 'Essential phone'?
I looked up essential phone and it appears to be a brand...... and appears to be a smart phone......but they stopped producing in Feb 2020.

I wondered if there is a phone available just for making phone calls..... yes there is and they are named 'dumb phones'.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join