It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is hanger 18 used for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I can't find any info on this except for a couple of pictures. can someone tell me excatly what the goverment uses this monsterus hanger for or at least tell me some theroies on whats inside?

[edit on 3/13/2005 by scorpionxx]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I was just fiddling around with the new search page and thought I'd drop off this link to give you some posts to look over. ATS Google Search for "hangar 18". Check some of those out for member perspectives on the subject.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
thanks for the link I didn't even see the google search thingy

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well I have a copy of the movie. It was believed at one point in time, that the crashed craft and aliens from the famous Roswell crash of 1947 were flown to Hangar 18 at Wright-Patterson Airforce Base. This rumor then caused a movie to be released in 1980.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Its used to house Aurora, Black Manta, and Brilliant Buzzard and transport them to an underground section of the base.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Innnnteresting...

Hangar 18 just reminds me of Megadeth, though.

Classic song on 'Rust in Peace.'

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I should know alot on this (hence my avatar "access area bldg 18"
) im joking..well as infinite8 said, Hanger 18, is the supposedly top-secret air force repository of crashed alien saucers and ET corpses at Wright-Patterson Field. According to reports, a UFO crashed during a violent thunderstorm in a remote area of New Mexico, just Northeast of Corona around July 2, 1947.The crash site was quickly cleaned up by personnel from Roswell Army Air Force Base in Roswell, New Mexico. Further unconfirmed reports claimed that alien bodies were also recovered from the crash. All the remains of this extra-terrestial vehicle and its occupants were rushed to the infamous "Hangar 18" at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I see thanks.

wasn't that remixed into return to hanger?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The short answer: Storeing Aircraft! A team of ATS Reseachers looked in to Hanger 18, and the stories surrounding it during the Groom Lake Research Project last year! This hanger is huge, but not really different from any other hanger on the base! I want to take a moment to explane the truth behind the Hanger 18 legend:

In 1947, something (I'm not here to debate what) crashed in the desert outside of Roswell, NM. Intelligence Officers from Roswell Army Air Base collected the crash debris and put it on a secret plane. The plane flew the debris to Wright-Patterson AFB, in Ohio. At Wright-Patterson, the Debris was breifly stored in Hanger 18, before being put on another aircraft and flown to a Top Secret location (Some People think it might have been Groom Lake, but noone is sure!).

So the Famous Hanger 18 in all the stories and legends is at Wright-Patterson AFB, not Groom Lake. I'm not saying this Hanger 18, at Groom Lake, dosen't have some amazing aircraft in it. I'm only saying it's not the famous one from all the UFO tales!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpionxx

wasn't that remixed into return to hanger?

No. 'Return To Hangar' is its own song on The World Needs A Hero. It uses the same base progressions and is an extension to the story line from the original 'Hangar 18'. It really threw me for a loop when I saw them live before I got The World Needs A Here and I thought they played Hanger 18 twice during the show

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Innnnteresting...

Rock on my brother, I was just thinking the same thing! And I thought I loved ATS before, now I find there're Megafans on here!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Rock on my brother, I was just thinking the same thing! And I thought I loved ATS before, now I find there're Megafans on here!

I'd be surprised if there were just a few. The lyrics are usually somewhat political and Dave Mustaine is well spoken and clearly oppinioned (when he's not in rehab).
Many conspiracy undertones in the music, and if you actually take the type to listen to the lyrics they are quite good.

I'm sure there are a few good thread ideas tucked among the cd racks of Megadeth fans out there.

new topics

top topics

join