It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age of digital lynchings is upon us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We saw this in Georgia over Ahmaud Arbery and once again with George Floyd. Before any court of law can weigh innocence or guilt the court of public opinion has found guilt and is happily engaging in lynching digital style. I realize courts are often poor at dispensing justice and often police are acquitted of murder allowing some with actual guilt to walk free. This does not however grant carte blanche to the public to cause so much unrest as to bend public officials to their will when prosecutors say there is not sufficient evidence to bring charges.

It's sad that our institutions have become empty shells of their once hallowed places but politics have dragged them along in their partisan fight and polluted them with outside ideals foreign to their original intent. I don't know if public trust can be restored or not but rest assured that without them and laws we will quickly lose any semblance to a civilized society. This is at the heart of what makes a nation become a 3rd world # hole.

We should take more care that we dont allow our ideas about innocence and guilt in criminal matters to sway what happens in actual courts of law. We need to watch our rhetoric lest we become part of a digital lynch mob demanding blood and destroying our own society in the process.
edit on 30-5-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The snuff video and the public background information of the officer is quite clear. I think the outcome of the court of public opinion jurors had the same outcome that the real court of official precinct will in due time.

This says nothing about the reaction. As with all former riots, anger will be expressed, law will be displayed, people will go home disgruntled and upset. Then, they'll get over it like their candidate losing election or opposition to a war.

edit on 30-5-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The Age of digital lynchings is upon us

Replace the KKK with NPC.

They're only doing what they've been programmed to do.

Kept in poverty.

Indoctrinated in schools,universities,film,television, 'news'.

We are watching live the end of America, and the idealism that created it, and it use to strive for.
edit on 30-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Youre misguided.

Public institutions need to always be bent to the will of the people. Thats how that works.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No.

It's not how it's suppose to work.

My will is not being represented with snip like this, or looting,burning and perpetuating domestic terrorism.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is too well planned,too well organized, and too widespread.

And now no one is even talking about Chi-com 19 after it was discovered to be a fraud.

'Community' organizers/Soros strikes agian.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You are not the sole member of public. That said..you are talking about a breakdown of public trust. Not promoting it.

The only purpose if government is to enact the will if the people. Thats it. Anything else is tyranny.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Which government would that be ?

Floyd was a local issue. That was magnified by bad actors in to the national stage.

And the latest news.

Cops aren't doctors, and criminals lie.
edit on 30-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Youre misguided.

Public institutions need to always be bent to the will of the people. Thats how that works.

It made me physically ill to watch that video which does indeed look like a snuff film. I immediately told my wife that Minneapolis was going to burn because I knew public reaction would be over the top for a number of reasons; the lockdowns and the Arbery case in particular.

Despite appearance of guilt in a video I am speaking about courts of law and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. The sole purpose of government is to protect the rights of the people, those presumed guilty most especially . If you think that is up for public voting you may have slept through civics class.
edit on 30-5-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Digital lynchings are an outcome of Judge Dredd style policing and executing

Don’t blame people for demanding a change, blame the perpetrators of the crimes

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

the comments under that article make even ATS look sane

new topics

top topics

join