It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd Died From Heart Disease, Not Asphyxiation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: illusion987

Regardless of the point you're attempting to make in this thread, people that are actually intelligent don't refer to themselves as such. "I just wish people were more intelligent" you sound like a pompous jackass, I hope you realize that. That's not how you get people on board with the message you're attempting to convey.

Now on to the topic at hand, the medical examiner agrees with your assessment to a point. That being said, being physically restrained violently will tend to cause some issues to your overall well-being. The fact that the cop charged in this miscarriage of law enforcement continued to hold the guy down after another officer was unable to find a pulse merits punishment on its own. Every officer present is culpable in some fashion in this instance, either by actively taking part in excessive restraint, or by not intervening on behalf of the suspect. A suspect I might add that in this country is still supposed to be presumed innocent.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: andy06shake

Was he on his neck to an extent that it prevented him from breathing? How does being 'on someone's neck' for 8 minutes cause a death?

Ummm...I can cause you to lose consciousness in less than thirty seconds...by pressing on your neck...

In under eight minutes...I can cause you to lose your life...by pressing on your neck...all without applying pressure to your trachea...or preventing you from breathing...

It’s simple really...and not that hard to figure out...

All one has to do is interrupt the flow of oxygenated blood...to the brain...not cause asphyxia by interrupting the intake/exhalation of air...but asphyxia by lack of oxygenated blood to the brain...

Thirty seconds or less and your unconscious...up to six minutes and your brain dead...

With underlying cardiopulmonary/coronary health issues...even less...

You don’t even have to use enough pressure to cause bruising...or leave any mark whatsoever...

YouSir

It's astounding..Occom did not even watch the vid!

Ummm...I didn’t watch the vid either...I was simply responding to his comment...

The coroner’s report stated that the deceased gentleman had coronary disease...which in allot of cases includes arterial blockage or reduction of blood flow In the carotid arteries...

If that we’re the case...then by kneeling on the victims neck for an extended period of time...could certainly exacerbate an already underlying condition...

Virtually any overt...extended pressure to the neck in such an instance...could trigger asphyxia due to a dramatic decrease in blood flow...and especially if there was carotid arterial blockage present in the deceased...

YouSir

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Well Iam very intelligent and I wish more people were. The groups rioting, prove my point. Let’s burn business because we THINK there was wrongdoing.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
You were talking common sense facts..no vid needed. But I get your point.

If you have not watched it, and feel no need..follow that instinct..it will make you sad/angry.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Thing is everyone can see the wrongdoing plain as day, well any semi-intelligent person that is.

As to the rioting/looting, the excuse being peaceful protest seem to yield very little if any actual results.

Not that i actually agree with the mobbing and rioting as what the people are doing essentially amounts to craping on their own doorstep.

They are the ones that will have to live with the destruction.

End of the day if Police did not publicly execute citizens over simple misdemeanors, or even a simple mistake, the problem would never have arisen in the manner that it has done so.

edit on 29-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

A very intelligent person would not accuse someone unknown to them of trying to pass fake 20s because they got one from a store when out and about and tell them they are bad at crime.

That is an assumption in which usually intelligent people do not do. Next time with your vast intelligence do a Venn diagram to see if your argument is valid before you post.

And to quote MLK
“In the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear?”

+5 more 
posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Not intelligent enough to read the entirety of your own link rather than just reading the parts that agree with your preconceived notions, evidently.

The ME did not say George died from heart disease. The ME said George likely died from a combination of underlying health conditions and being restrained by law enforcement and possibly intoxicants. It’s not one or the other, and it’s certainly not only the one that you picked out because you like it the best. Your entire argument fails from the very title of your thread.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Dudes..the medical examiner is the Epstein examiner. As far as I'm concerned he's not even dead.

are you sure? here is a list of ME's for HENNEPIN county.
Here's a list of Coroners and MEs in alphabetical order by name

NYC ME
Chief Medical Examiner Chief Medical Examiner Barbara Sampson Barbara Sampson, M.D., Ph.D.

i can find no sources that says they brought in the NYC ME. or that names her. not saying they didn't just can't find any. i can find sources that state she preformed Epstein's post Post Mortem.

sources people, please.

ETA: it goes back to main page, scroll down and find Hennpin and submit.

edit on 29-5-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Eh, you're probably a cop, a retired cop or just a statist sympathizer.

Why this thread got this far is beyond me.

What an asinine position to defend.

Geezus...🙄

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: illusion987
a reply to: Hypntick

Well Iam very intelligent and I wish more people were. The groups rioting, prove my point. Let’s burn business because we THINK there was wrongdoing.

Ummm...I’m a white man...quite frankly I really like me just the way I am...

That being said...I can also equivocally state that I wouldn’t want to be a black man...or even a brown one...

NOT...because I have any overt prejudice or dislike for any other race...but due most specifically to the stigma that those other races bear when it comes to unequal justice...under the law...

Face it...Black people have been handed a raw deal from the beginning of their introduction into this country...and continuing through their battles for equality...followed by the eugenics cult and it’s perversion...which go hand in hand with the Democrat party...keeping...blacks and using them for political brinkmanship...not to mention the department of education...etc...

No sir...I would not want to have the full weight of that on my race conscience...

That’s one hell of an uphill climb to endure...before any other consideration of obstacles that all races face...

So...the question then becomes...what can a collective that has traditionally been subservient do...to actually take their place on a level playing field...?

It’s really pathetic that after all these decades...sports...rap...and gang banging are some of the only options open to a majority of these fellow Americans...

Granted...some few percentage does enjoy affluence...have...achieved greatness...and are role models that any should be proud to either know...or congratulate...

Should...

I’m in no way offering excuses for destructive behavior...I’m merely attempting to hopefully open the heart of those that do not labor under such ingrained stigma...

If...indeed we are a nation of equals...if we are indeed...a nation of...for...and by the people...all...of the people...then I would say we have not done half as much to ensure that those sentiments have truth...

I can honestly comprehend why destruction might seem viable in the face of such overt and covert disenfranchisement...

I may no agree with it...but I can see why it might seem an option...

This just makes me sad...sad because I recognize the monumental failure we hand to...not the past...but the future...

YouSir
edit on 29-5-2020 by YouSir because: I chose to...

edit on 29-5-2020 by YouSir because: Dad gummed auto correct...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: highvein

Let's just wait and see what comes out before attempting to label the man a junkie would be my thinking there.

I labeled no one. I simply asked a question. Junkie is your word and your projection.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I believe that any rational and intelligent person would agree that, as long as a person is in police custody and is not a threat, they should not be killed.

I believe that any rational and intelligent person would agree that, the police, are not judge jury or executioner.

I believe that any rational and intelligent person would agree that, the police, should not profile or harass citizens just for being a certain skin shade.

I believe that any rational and intelligent person would agree that, the police, should be held responsible whenever they do something wrong.

I believe that any rational and intelligent person would agree that, the poor officers, killing someone in custody is worth them losing their jobs and being charged with murder.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

As it happens, I agree with you this much: If he was able to talk as much as he did, then he didn't die from lack of air. Something else killed him.

However, that's as far as we agree. There was no reason for the cops to treat him that way for that long. They are culpable for not noticing his medical distress, and in that way have responsibility for how this episode turned out. They do deserve to be arrested, charged, and tried and possibly found guilty of some form negligence and or other something that helped lead to the death of Floyd.

There's no getting away from that.

Like lack of blood to the brain maybe? Ever watch a rear naked choke in MMA? Cut off or restrict blood flow to the brain, first you loose consciousness then you die. If his knee was in the right place (and it appears it was), then this is very likely the cause IMO. The victim lost consciousness at about 6-7 minutes in, and the "officer" kept his knee on him for another 2 minutes.

"Common carotid: Artery that is the target of the RNC, encased in the carotid sheath and running alongside the vagus nerve and jugular vein underneath the sternocleidomastoid. Primary source of blood to the brain."
breakingmuscle.com...
edit on 29-5-2020 by panoz77 because: added text

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: illusion987
a reply to: ketsuko

Negative, police are not emt's. They arrest, restrain and wait for emt or transport. That is what they do thousands of times every single day. This perp, just happen to die from his intoxication and underlying medical conditions. /It may have been covid-19/s

Excuse me, but how have you arrived at a verdict of guilty? The store called the cops because of a counterfeit twenty dollar bill. He was told he could not purchase his items and told to put them back. He did not and went outside and waited for the police . The shop owners told him they had called the cops and he waited for them outside.

So why do you find guilt in these actions. How many twenties do you use that you bother to check to see if they are real or forged.
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 29 May 2020 21:48:08 -0500Fri, 29 May 2020 21:48:08 -050020052020-05-29T21:48:08-05:00900000048 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don't think I can link to Twitter but there are many MD's speaking out about the medical examiners report. Mainly about the line about potential substances combined with other underlying conditions leading to death. They said they have never seen a report state potential with no direct evidence that there even were any drugs or alcohol in his system.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Murdering police scum would be my choice of words.

Whether or not the man had anything in his system is beside the point anyhow.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Whether or not the man had anything in his system is beside the point anyhow.

Not if what was in his system is related to his death. Not beside the point at all. An investigation needs to be done, facts need to be learned, and feelings need to be left out of the mix. A man's life has left this earth and another man's life has know been destroyed. I would like to know as many facts about this event than just that of some video's. We need to also view all of the officers, that are involved, camera's.

They are being viewed by investigators as we speak I would imagine.
edit on 29-5-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: KnoxMSP

You better read the charging documents before you start throwing around the accusations that I lied.

Chauvin Charging Documents

Page two paragraph 2 says Officer Lane Approached Floyd's car and pointed his gun at the open window while talking to him.

Even your video link at :32 seconds shows this.

I'll accept your apology for saying I was lying.

That's a charging document, a complaint filed to the court. Not an official document of events, or the police report. Just a second hand account.

The video is clear as day. He approaches the vehicle with his flashlight, then something happens to make him uncomfortable, as he reaches for something else, and tells the suspect to exit the vehicle. Then the next shot (at the angle from behind) shows his firearm holstered.

You lied when you said they approached him with guns drawn. No apology for you. You lied.
edit on 29-5-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Reminder...

Let's avoid the name-calling and personal accusations ....

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Is There Civilization Without Civility
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I honestly don't know why you all are so offended by the idea that the man was not strangled outright.

The fact of the matter is that he died at least partially as a result of the treatment he received. The cops had some responsibility to notice his state of ill health and take steps, and they either were negligent in that or flat out ignored what they were seeing.

Either way, at least Chauvin, and possibly the rest, will be up for some serious charges and time. And if that's what we're all after, then what does it matter if he was traumatically strangled or not?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join