It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis' Mayor is an Imbecile

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He never signed up to be an actual leader. Very few do and almost none of them are in politics.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You're not who I was calling an imbecile. You knew I was using hyperbolized air quotes. Your "confusion" was fake and intended to provoke others as well as distract from an OP that exposed yet another left leaning politician as being a total bumbling idiot. I'm saying anyone who read that and didn't instantly recognize it was hyperbole is a total imbecile. Had the actual quote been that open and honest, then that would have been the headline

At least I have crossed that bar in your appreciation. I did not take it that you had.

(post by Icarus Rising removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Democrats... nothing more need be said.

Every single city, county and district, trashed beyond repair.
Are all democrat ran. Five decades of democrats and States are ruined.

History speaks for itself.

Democrats will never be the solution.

Democrats, are the problem.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Democrats... nothing more need be said.

Every single city, county and district, trashed beyond repair.
Are all democrat ran. Five decades of democrats and States are ruined.

History speaks for itself.

Democrats will never be the solution.

Democrats, are the problem.

...and, when they're not the problem, they invent problems and magical solutions for the problems they invented. (Like COVID)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Well, the country is being run by Republicans right now and is being trashed beyond repair. How is that the Democrats fault when the GOP is in control? Your daisy chain logic is faulty. You need a scapegoat, that's all. Yes, the country is a mess. Mostly because people are too busy pointing fingers at each other and refusing to take responsibility. You can't see past your party affiliation and have no inclusive national policy that addresses the glaring disparities in our society. In fact, you appear to be actively working to increase those disparities. Its unfortunate, and considering what's at stake, foolhardy.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.

a reply to: Icarus Rising

Republican party didn't run the government for the last administration. Which is where most if not all the problems we are experiencing today come from

No one needs your finger pointing excuses, if you don't have a solution keep your bs left supporting opinions to your self.

I don't f''n care.

We need solutions, not more blue falconry.

Every single one of us, can point fingers at one side or other.
I'm pointing at them both, I'm only calling the Dems out more on this, because I've seen 40 years of life under both democrats and republic government.

Dems are screwing everything and everyone over all the time

Republican party is not screwing everything up, if you can't see that, your not ever going to.

I'm not a fan of Republican or democrats, but I'll side with the ConstitutionalRepublic any day of the week before I side with a leftist of any shade.

Mark my words;
 I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic

Right now leftist wannabe democrats are the domestic enemy. Let that sink in, let it sink in a lot.

The right doesn't riot, burn buildings or Molotov cocktail the streets do they. No never have we had the right start a riot

That what the left does, they burn cars business's...

Tell me I'm wrong, and I'll tell you you're in denial.

Call me a lair, and I'll show you a real lair and hold up a mirror for you to see for yourself.

I'm not a political shill, I hate politicians. All politicians especially career ones.

Search ATS you'll see exactly where I've stood since 2003.

Same place I stand today.

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

Let it be known, those who knew, tried...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Oh, I remember you, ADVISOR. I wasn't intimidated by your invective then, and I am not anymore concerned about your pompous posturing now. Just because you've been saying the same thing for this long doesn't mean your logic is sound or your argument correct. Bullying tactics aren't helpful either. It is much more effective in the long run to be authoritative than authoritarian.

The left doesn't riot. The disenfranchised do when the yoke gets too heavy and the human cost too high. The domestic enemy right now is fascist nationalists. The right invades state houses armed with assault weapons at the behest of the hater in chief and scream in the face of police officers. Without resistance or consequence. That alone speaks volumes. Support and defend the Constitution against people like that if you are a real patriot. Look in that mirror.

Republican party didn't run the government for the last administration. Which is where most if not all the problems we are experiencing today come from

That's your solution? Blame the previous administration? Weak sauce, even for you. Contradictory as well to say you point fingers at both parties and then say the Dems are the problem and the Reps are not. When you contradict yourself it erodes your credibility. Why do you need to make a point of saying you are not a shill?

My solution is a living wage for workers, justice for the oppressed, corporate accountability, repeal of Citizens United, and universal healthcare. If you really want to provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare, get onboard.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

SnF

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Icarus Rising

Of course...

Then we still agree to disagree I see.

We may not believe in what the other does. I'm not expecting that.

But I hope we could agree that neither party is actively trying to make things better. As such, they could have fixed many issues decades ago yet didn't.

Both parties hold that same responsibly, whether or not they are in the white house.

Both sides can't be cooperative if they constantly sabotaging each other for petty political gains.

No balanced budget since bush... really? Both parties responsible.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Yes. I am still a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. I guess that makes me a moderate. Whatever that is these days. There doesn't seem to be a party affiliation for it. I do agree with the gist of what you are saying in this post I am replying to here. I appreciate the sentiment.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

There's not a thing wrong with, in the middle of a pandemic, cautioning and reminding people planning to attend what is expected to be a peaceful protest to practice safety. Some can actually address multiple concerns at a time and plan for any contingency.

I wouldn't fret too much about him being a buffoon an imbecile. He'd probably return the sentiment after reading your post.
edit on 30-5-2020 by GravitySucks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Icarus Rising
a reply to: neo96

So, that makes it ok to kneel on his neck until he's dead? No wait, until three minutes after he's dead? Please. Character assassination is the refuge of the guilty.

Well put. Heaven forbid the police should murder every person who made a mistake, paid their debt to society, and is attempting to move on with his or her life.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Hell man, I'm not sure he'd do that at all. First, he'd need to find someone in Minneapolis capable of reading the post to him, then he would need definitions of some of the words... not an easy task in a city where the libraries have been burned to the ground during a mass adult temper tantrum.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

That is exactly what we are doing in this country right now. We are ignoring the law for protected classes. It just happens that you are in agreement with the classes that are protected. By your definition we have social justice, of a kind, in effect right now.

The protected classes being most of the time minorities. They can happily shout "Kill all whiteys" and mean it and nobody bats an eyelid or reeducates them or shames them. Say the same about any other race as a white person and you are in deep trouble, lose your job, get plastered all over the internet and sometimes fined or even arrested.
A white Brit was arrested a few years ago for revving his engine in a racist manner at a muslim woman walking past.

We had white girls being beaten to a pulp by a group of muslim girls here in the UK and all of the perps got off with nothing. Musilm grooming gangs sexually abuse, beat up, traffic and kill Brit girls and yet the police blamed the girls for years [still are today] and disallowed for any police to do an investigation.

When all of the world is on Lockdown, certain areas in Europe do not have to comply, no police even goes there.

In the States more white people are shot by cops than black people. Black cops can be just as corrupted, violent and trigger happy as white assholes. I have seen plenty of video footage of this. From white disabled people being shot for absolutely no reason than the black cop being an arse to abusing their authority in scary ways.

I will make absolutely clear that in the case of George Floyd, the cop was murdering a man for absolutely no reason. He is the biggest cnut I have ever seen. Did he mean to murder him? Well that cop seemed to have a track record. He needs to go down for ever because he is bad. Nothing to do with being white.

Now I can say that, true equality means all races must face the consequences of their illegal actions equally, black people can't demand the monopoly of victimhood. You should read up on what black cops are capable of. But nobody talks about them. Black cops are also a protected species.
Muslims get free access to children and don't have to obey the general law. When black people riot or kill it's 'for a beautiful reason', basically they demand to never be arrested or touched again, regardless of what they do.

That's not how it works. Actions have consequences, even for black people and if there is a bad cop, he must be held responsible. End of.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yeah, those courts are working so great for minorities and the disadvantaged that they are actually celebrating, not rioting. You don't have to execute the guy to hold him accountable for his actions. Then we can take look at the system and how it escalates and perpetuates this kind of behavior. The system is flawed and needs a healthy dose of social justice. That doesn't mean handouts. That means reform.
Meanwhile, blacks are literally murdering thousands of their fellow blacks each year, and sending an average of more than 20,000 fellow blacks to ERs each year with non-fatal gunshot wounds. But let’s get outraged when a white cop kills a black guy who’s a career criminal.

What the cop did was wrong. But it’s a drop in the ocean compared to what blacks do to each other and the violent crimes they inflict on whites.

The hypocrisy, racism and lack of perspective by a small percentage of black people and their liberal apologists fill me with despair. Heck, there are even more whites killed by police each year than blacks.

Almost every one of these cause celebres begins with a black person with a long history of arrests who gets caught breaking the law and then resists arrest.

Early in life, I learned you can usually avoid death by cop if you don’t break the law, even the most minor laws like traffic violations or littering. If you do get stopped or questioned by a cop, don’t give him any attitude, be respectful and admit it if you were in violation of a law. I have found this sometime gets you off with nothing but a warning. And for God’s sake, don’t resist arrest. If the cop violates your rights, do your best to nail him after he lets you depart or you get out of jail.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
People are beyond the point of wearing masks and social distancing.

There will be no way to enforce this stupid shelter in place if the average people sees hundreds of rioting on TV.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

"The protected class being most of the time minorities"

This statement fails to take into account the true power relationship at work here between authority and minorities.

First of all, with all due respect, minorities are not a socio-economic or political class. They are not even an ethnic group. They are a collection of ethic groups with very little social or economic power. They are by and large, especially in this context, of much lower socio-economic and political power as it relates to what we call class.

To say they are privileged in comparison to those with socio-economic and political power and authority, the upper class, is patently false and intellectually dishonest. The protections you take offense to are a feeble and insufficient effort by conflicted leadership to make it appear they are doing something about a systemic problem when they really are just perpetuating it.

I suggest you engage in metacognition on this subject.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Always the same tired, false association talking points. We can talk about how the criminalization of black men and the polarization and militarization of black neighborhoods is part of the institutionalized assault on their freedom and socio-economic mobility if you want. It is complicated though, and I am not sure we would get through it right now. Maybe in another thread.

The victim blaming and shaming is preposterous, though. It is not George Floyd's fault that former Officer (now arrested suspected murderer) Chauvin killed him. You can't say what the cop did was wrong and turn around and blame the victim, who by the way, was clearly not resisting.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
He must have been sitting in his ivory tower thinking that all these protesters are peaceful, like the Tea Party and the 2nd amendment people....lol
Please make sure to practice social distancing while setting fire to buildings.....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join