It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis police arrest CNN team reporting on street closure

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: Liquesence

They dont ask where to go until they start getting arrested, would not be surprised if they new where to go already and just ignored it.

You're digging a hole for yourself, based on what has already been posted in the thread.

FYI

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A Democrat Governor, Democrat Mayor and a Democrat-controlled State Police force unlawfully arrest CNN, lawfully reporting the news and you want to redirect it to Trump.

Squirm all you like...but you already look foolish.

link   

a reply to: Liquesence

They dont ask where to go until they start getting arrested

Incorrect.

Watch the video.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

A Democrat Governor, Democrat Mayor and a Democrat-controlled State Police force unlawfully arrest CNN, lawfully reporting the news and you want to redirect it to Trump.

Squirm all you like...but you already look foolish.

In your opinion.

That's okay. My opinion of your posts isn't even that high.

I think you've used your post quota for Democrat ... though, I'll check.

You can just always post "The Democrats did it."

Cut-and-paste. Save you some time. It's what you always claim.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Staged !
look on the wall!
"hold your officers accountable"
and whats the other stuff on the wall?

edit on 29-5-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Conspicuous by their absence, both here and on CNN, are the "You don't have rights that the government can't take away" crowd. You know, the ones that show up for gun control debates. The ones that say the federal government can't infringe on your right to bear arms, but state and local governments can. The ones that say that the federal government can't censor free speech, but anyone else can.

Shouldn't those people be chiming in to say that the Constitution doesn't prohibit state and local police forces from interfering with the press? Or even interfering with infotainment organizations like CNN?

I don't know why CNN suddenly cares about violations of Constitutional rights, but I hope their newfound respect for the Constitution extends to the right to bear arms, peaceably assemble, travel, etc.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: SaturnFX

It doesn't help that the CNN reporter that was detained was black while another CNN reporter in the area, who was white, had no issues with the police.

Simple explanation.
They thought they both had guns.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Conspicuous by their absence, both here and on CNN, are the "You don't have rights that the government can't take away" crowd. You know, the ones that show up for gun control debates. The ones that say the federal government can't infringe on your right to bear arms, but state and local governments can. The ones that say that the federal government can't censor free speech, but anyone else can.

Shouldn't those people be chiming in to say that the Constitution doesn't prohibit state and local police forces from interfering with the press? Or even interfering with infotainment organizations like CNN?

I don't know why CNN suddenly cares about violations of Constitutional rights, but I hope their newfound respect for the Constitution extends to the right to bear arms, peaceably assemble, travel, etc.

May want to check the Fourteenth Amendment and get back to us, Doctor.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
SInce unemployment has reached around 20%, civil unrest is not unexpected.

It's ... it's almost like ... there's a Plan here.

hmmm.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

The only freedoms that mater are the ones I personally care about; the others don't matter.

Its gets even more complicated when my rights are only important based on a particular sub-issue I care about.
edit on 29-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Derek Chauvin has been arrested !!!!!!

Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension made the "arrest" 🚬

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Ain't no reason to be in a disaster zone with buildings still burning if you're not fighting the fires. Blocked for safety's sake not to take away your right to travel.

Be stupid if you want.

Too bad the Constitution disagrees with you. 1960 called, it said come visit the Soviet Union, comrade.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I watched the vid in the op. I didnt hear him say where do you want us to go until he was being arrested. How am I digging a hole?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I read he asked the cops if we need to move just tell us where how far we need to move to we will move...THIS is just wrong....and what about the white guy who called the cops because black guys were using the company gym..these BLACK men were fellow entrepreneurs working for the company....or the guy who asked the lady to put the leash on her dog, she was breaking the law...she calls the cops saying her life is threatened...or the black security guard captured a criminal called the cops saying he was holding the suspect...they get there and it is daylight and he is wearing his security uniform but he is black so they just shot him dead.

bigotry is coming out of the woodwork...but when we have a president who bullys everyone well should we be surprised, no it is good enough for the prez and he leads by example people FOLLOW his example.

now these cops are refusing to step down and are using the fith amendment (refusing to talk on the grounds that it will incriminate then)

it is disgusting

originally posted by: stosh64
I'm sorry, but with all the lies, propaganda & BS that streams out of MSM my first thought is cnn staged this on purpose somehow...

Holding off judgement until more non bias info is available.

edit on 29-5-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The constitution gives people the right to Peacefully Assemble, not to right and destroy others property. Police or national guard arresting people in that area is just fine by me.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The constitution gives people the right to Peacefully Assemble, not to right and destroy others property. Police or national guard arresting people in that area is just fine by me.

The thread is about the CNN reporters getting arrested for doing their job, not the rioters. My comments are about them. Keep up.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeah, and them reporters were probably told before hand not to go there.

How do you expect the authorities to stop the rioting when not even the news media respects what they are doing?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am not sure about this one. Whatever happened before they started broadcasting matters on the legality of it. If they were told to vacate and ignored the police then the reporters were probably in the wrong. It shouldn't matter that they were CNN. I say this because reporters get arrested all the time in the US. The big-name outfits like CNN usually don't but the small-time channels on youtube do.

I like to watch those 1st amendment audits. There are a lot of jackasses doing them but there are also some very professional ones. Look up Rogue Nation. The guy knows the law better than 98% of the police. He will quote the law, case law word for word to them as well as the police department's own policy. Anyway, the point is that anyone and everyone can be a journalist. Those CNN credentials have no legal basis to elevate them higher than a guy out there with a cell phone recording. That said the press is given more access than a citizen just standing there doing nothing but it is actually a fine line.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yeah, and them reporters were probably told before hand not to go there.

You do know how the Constitution functions, right?

How do you expect the authorities to stop the rioting when not even the news media respects what they are doing?

Waaaaaaaaa! Boo-friggin-hoo for the 'authority'. The can kiss my ass and so can every bootlicker who supports this anti-Constitutional behavior.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well, if rioting was happening in my are I would be 100% behind them stopping it. Be they reporters/looters/rioters.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join