It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis police arrest CNN team reporting on street closure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
They weren't even in some riot or something, just quietly and from a distance reporting on the arrival of the state police and street closure

This seems like a very bad move.
You want a revolution? thats how you start a revolution you dolts!

This goes beyond sensitivity training. what is going on over there?

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Like or hate CNN it doesn't matter. When police start arresting reporters simply reporting a scene, thats some 3rd world dictatorship stuff right there.
I do agree that a position of iron fisted strength needed to come down on the protests to get law and order, but you temper that with showing people in compliance don't get in trouble. You don't start arresting the people who can make or break your image of how things are being handled...and especially not on live TV.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

YEAH! Now they should execute them!

You say bad things about Donny, you get some lead in your body.

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Of course the only reason he was arrested was that he was youngish tall black guy.

Yep, this is how you start riots and created EVEN MORE coverage of riots.

It's so bad - I almost think someone intentionally gave that order to create more upheaval.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It doesn't help that the CNN reporter that was detained was black while another CNN reporter in the area, who was white, had no issues with the police.

+23 more 
posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but with all the lies, propaganda & BS that streams out of MSM my first thought is cnn staged this on purpose somehow...

Holding off judgement until more non bias info is available.
edit on 5 29 2020 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

This type of incident is happening in Hong Kong.

Oh hang on, isn't America condemning China for that ?

You just can't make it up.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'm betting they went into a blocked off area on purpose to get more crap started. Classic media maneuver.

Would not be surprised if they were told to stay away from the area and went anyways.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I'm sorry, but with all the lies, propaganda & BS that streams out of MSM my first thought is how much did cnn pay to stage this...

Interesting theory. I like it.
I will take it at face value, but it would be interesting to dig and see if this was one of those BS arranged arrests that I heard whispers about.

If it got exposed, it would be big, but I think those were also just hoaxes in the end (the idea that you could arrange an arrest)...law enforcement doesn't care much about entertainment fees and such.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I'm sorry, but with all the lies, propaganda & BS that streams out of MSM my first thought is how much did cnn pay to stage this...

Interesting theory. I like it.
I will take it at face value, but it would be interesting to dig and see if this was one of those BS arranged arrests that I heard whispers about.

If it got exposed, it would be big, but I think those were also just hoaxes in the end (the idea that you could arrange an arrest)...law enforcement doesn't care much about entertainment fees and such.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

I'm betting they went into a blocked off area on purpose to get more crap started. Classic media maneuver.

Would not be surprised if they were told to stay away from the area and went anyways.

Yep.

If you noticed they were standing right in the middle between the police and the rioters. I saw the police in other videos telling those filming to not stand in their way and those people moved and weren't bothered again.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I'm betting they went into a blocked off area...

What do you mean, a 'blocked off area'? Why do we want the government 'blocking off areas' and not allowing reporting from them? Sounds very totalitarian in its implications.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yep.

If you noticed they were standing right in the middle between the police and the rioters. I saw the police in other videos telling those filming to not stand in their way and those people moved and weren't bothered again.

So they don't have the freedom to report unless the police allow it.

Interesting .

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

But these people are fakes and crooks... Whats the issue? OHHHHHHH 'tHeY aRe ObJeCtIvE jOuRnAlIsTs' right?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but with all the lies, propaganda & BS that streams out of MSM my first thought is cnn staged this on purpose somehow...

Yes, the whole riot thing is being staged (encouraged) and the people played.

This is a clear case of "toddler like" redirection of the masses.

It is no accident that when this horrible and unwarranted death (no murder) occurred, it would be seen as an opportunity by those who "never let a good crises go to waste".

Through constant replay of the video on all mainstream outlets, through nonstop rage on all mainstream media outlets, they are actually ENCOURAGING rioting and looting. (doesn't matter what they say their actions actually encourage and incite rioting through encouraging and heightening rage)

Why? To redirect the thinking of the populace. The populace where there is rioting were beginning to be angry at the Democratic Party Governors and even the party itself, which all over the US, was saying stay at home orders, will have no end in sight. Which meant unemployment, despair, and isolation would have no end in sight. (until a cure/vaccine which the WHO says will be at least 2 years away and possibly 5)

This anger needed to be stopped and redirected. This poor man's death came at the perfect time to take advantage of a crises and redirect the news cycle away from COVID 19 and onto a subject where they felt they could blame Trump (racism).

YES people are being played on the back, nay, neck of an innocent man who did not deserve to die. It is a sick and twisted game that is being played.

Thanks to CNN MSNBC NBC ABC CBS NYTimes etc. who are encouraging the rioting, thus redirection of the masses, by encouraging and ramping up rage.

edit on 5/29/20 by The2Billies because: formatting

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And mooslim 'No go' zones are perfectly fine

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
And mooslim 'No go' zones are perfectly fine

It's just funny watching the clowns get a chubby over the news agency they don't like getting arrested when it's really 100% against the Constitution they pretend to love. They might as well be wiping their asses with it at this point.

edit on 29-5-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yep.

So they don't have the freedom to report unless the police allow it.

Interesting .

Not when they are obstructing they don't. You must have missed the part where I mentioned they were asked to move and they did?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

This type of incident is happening in Hong Kong.

Oh hang on, isn't America condemning China for that ?

You just can't make it up.

The city and state are run by Democrats.

They're cool with China.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Actually it's more like 'meh', because this should have happened a long time ago.

Its a shame so many people are willfully ignorant, and lack self awareness.

Ill pray for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join