It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis protesters take over police HQ, police evacuate, Trump vows to send military

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Derek Chauvin has been arrested !!!!!!

Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension made the "arrest" 🚬

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I think you are trying vainly to defend The Thin Blue Line...you are a Case Study in fact.

What with how I’ve very openly stated George Floyd’s killer broke the law and discussed how my own agency has infinitely more complaints filed by officers against fellow officers than it has filed by civilians, that’s a pretty stupid thing to claim. If that’s defending the thin blue line, I’m doing a pretty awful job of it.

My solution is finite and it brings in an Outside Agency that is the most difficult to corrupt.

Your solution requires the military to enforce domestic law. All one has to do is look at how many service members openly discuss how they’ve “acquired” gear to see that it’s the not the pristine institution of anti-corruption you believe it to be.

That intimidates you IMHO.

Close. It’s more that people who think overturning Constitutional law on a whim that scare me because they have an incredibly short-sighted view of things. I have zero problem with oversight. I love BWCs, for example.

Your numbers are ringing hollow I am afraid like your Bell Tower is..... lol....so if the Internal total was nearly 4x an unknown number is that suppossed to impress someone.....lol....there were likely 2-3 to begin with.....lol...spare us the spin-doctoring....and...lol....if there are internal barriers to having official public complaints filed or moved forward in any ways at all...which we can be dam sure there are.....then that number can also be kept artificialy low...so low there are multiple levels of increase before we ever see the real numbers come up....giving the Depts lots of wiggle room.

More like a couple hundred. It’s publicly available information, so there’s no spin doctoring going on. I’m just not going to tell you my agency no matter how subtly you try to attack it so that I post the data. Live with it, don’t live with it, I don’t really give a damn either way. It’s not that hard to find.

Typical olde school Cop thinking...relying on the System to throw up a Smokescreen based on a corrupted status quo whenever needed.

I’m pretty new school, but I do like that you added an “e” to “old” to make it sound fancier.

In case you missed the point...lol...the real question is has there been a reflective 4x increase in sucessfull complaints finding remedial resolution that is fair and just?Nope.

Source? Lol

As to the rest of your moronic diatribe: since you seem to know exactly how every law enforcement officer should handle every single situation down to the last iota, I trust that you’re doing your part to be part of the solution, yes? Ready to start academy next week? Lobbying while you wait to start the academy? Probably not. Ranting on the internet while doing absolutely buck all about it? That sounds more like it. For the last time: I have zero problem acknowledging the problem of corruption. I have zero problem acknowledging the problems police unions bring to the table. I have zero problem acknowledging the problems when officers shield corruption. What I have a problem with is your proposed solution to use the military to enforce law on a day to day to basis, because a) it’s unconstitutional and b) they aren’t any less prone to corruption than any other large organization is.

Save yourself the time of your next lol filled rant of failed insight and witticisms. Unless you care to discuss the topic at hand rather than continue to tell me what you think I think and why you think I think it, we’re done here. You presented an idea, I replied to it, and all you’ve done since is attempt to tell me what I think and what I’m scared of for no reason other than I have the audacity to disagree with your unconstitutional idea (that you never did explain how I’m obligated to involve the military anyway).

Toodles. Lol

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Ah. Maybe I need to get Narnia’s version of google then because the version I’m using doesn’t return any relevant results when I look up “marine corps says it would side with government during civil war.”

Weird.

I heard the Marines will side with the people but the Space Force won't.

The Space Force will be pulling a Kermit while checking out ladies sunbathing.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25200328]Shamrock6[/po

How the Military could or would become involved...MMMmmmm…..Huh......Hrumph…….Pfffft…...you may just discover that in the very near future....till then you are unable to think outside the box enough to get a real grip.

I am advocating ripping the Heart out of the Thin Blue line....STARTING with the top and working downwardly....using the Military to do it....I believe there is a Nationwide Organised Criminal Group supporting the Thin Blue Line....I believe it can be proven.You do realise that a murderer CAN BE CONVICTED without a body right?

No one in Law Enforcement can be 100% trusted because of The Thin Blue Line running from the Top down not the bottom up...and guys like you who try to intellectualise and strategize ways to in a politicly correct way defend it.

This is a Management issue that has bled down into the ranks...Police Forces are called FORCES for a reason..same reason we say armed FORCES....and the only way to deal with them is using Military protocal and thinking and processes....and oh yes Captain Crunch there is in fact more than one way to trigger this dynamic ….. as you may well see before your retirement.

Purely an Upper Management issue.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Imagine this....M.Ps step in in a Civil Support role and take over Upper Management of the ENTIRE POLICE SUPERSTRUCTURE...….IN SUPPORT of --- The Good Men and Women who are the Boots on the Ground and IN SUPPORT of the People.....you see EVERYONE....all Americans have to be protected from the tainted ruined Upper Management.

Now can you Imagine ever single dirty rotten Captain Klink out there suddenly waking up tomorrow morning WITH NEW BOSSES...….honest by the Book altruistic Bosses....who follow the rule of Law as it was meant to be.

Oh my goodness the Rats will be jumping ship like crazy.

Because the very day Military Intelligece gets access to the remnants of the database...and the Constellation of data threads generated Nationally by this one single Group....the entire House of Cards will fall.

Can you IMAGINE the MASSIVE FLOOD of incoming data from the true good Cops from every State in America we would see if there were just one single established source of truth and justice.....if they knew every single concern would be met with Military Precision and taken seriously.....wow.....methinks the Bad Apples get purged really really quickly.

This is the only way to do it....remove Upper Management bring in a Team of Hotshots to fix things....in said process by natural action the Bad Apples will run.Yes this way you purge Upper Management and also purge the troops....that way when you rebuild Upper Management you don't have any carryovers of slightly rotten "plants" waiting to cause havoc behind the scenes.

When People see they can go to the Military Police and have REAL CONCERN AND ACTION projected towards them....they will react positively....trust WANTS TO HEAL ITSELF it just needs the time and opportunity and once its rebuilt it will be stronger than it was born to be.

Word travels fast.... the first 100 people who walk into an honest properly run Police station and rat out dirty cops who have set them up or abused them in some way ...and have their concerns taken seriously with immediate action projected....they will start the change.....and it will be a rapid change.

The MPs only need a single entry point to begin to support honest Leos and The People....…. they do not need to be present anywhere else in the Nation.

Furthermore any Judicial arms of the monster we are remediating who are a part of the problem will be routed out IMMEDIATLY the very first time they abrogate their duties to protect the Bad Apples...just one tiny misstep and the Military Intelligence will be up their arses like cold on ice..

No need for National Guard or Troops....who will not be received as intended ….. legitimate need for Military Police....who are a new idea no one thought of that will fly....M.Ps are specifically trained to work with and alongside civilians and Civillian Systems.... everyone knows the M.Ps are impartial and are not afraid to take down big powerful People...People will accept this especially if they see Cops going down immediately enmasse...and to be direct that will not be a huge number from the regular Officer Pool ....I believe the MAJORITY of the Boots on the Ground in these Police Forces to be good People...however I expect a COMPLETE PURGE of Upper Management because The Thin Blue Line did not survive and thrive for this long @ these levels without having an almost airtight process and system..... so unlike the dynamic with the Officer Pool where MOST are good and can be recruited to represent the greater good in the future...no one is currently even in Junior Management that is not under the power of The Thin Blue Line.... that's why they are airtight like a sealed Unit or Cell.So we cannot 1/2 Purge Management....replacing Upper with Lower....nope they are all past their expiry dates.

edit on 30-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Although constitutionally obliged to support the existing government, in case of an open civil war, there is no telling what might happen. The wholesale desertion of entire units isn’t an unimaginable scenario and something that can top the scales of conflict very fast.

If its republicans vs democrats the military will side with trump and republicans most likely. the rank and file love trump.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

How about grow a brain for a start.

Where is the MODERATOR when you need one...?!

That was an INSULT! A childish one, too. How old are you...? Me: 33. Time to be reborn, I suppose...

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I mean that’s all supposition. What you initially said was that the Marines had said they would side with the government, and they were the only ones who’d said that. That’s a pretty declarative statement to make so I thought you had more to it than this.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: yuppa

I mean that’s all supposition. What you initially said was that the Marines had said they would side with the government, and they were the only ones who’d said that. That’s a pretty declarative statement to make so I thought you had more to it than this.

Apparently the situation has change. i posted in the past and at the time that was true,but now apparently not.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
Trump never sent the "military" into chicago, as he threatened, he really can't/won't send them in here.

It's, sadly, states rights and the governors call. If he does use a military force it will have to be the national guard.

While the leadership of this state is weak and scared, it really won't have to come to federal intervention, sooner or later, the guard will get the green light.

Uh dude.... the national guard IS the military.

Sheesh

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join