It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis protesters take over police HQ, police evacuate, Trump vows to send military

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: game over man
People don't stand a chance against the government...If there was an actual civil war and civilians were armed and having standoffs everywhere, they would get annihilated. The government would grossly out number them and have more advanced technology and weaponry. Drones would rip everyone to shreds. Only if a percentage of the military and national guard joined with the rioters would there be a chance.

I have news. a majority of the military would side with the people. the marines were the only ones who said they side with the gov.

Where is that little tidbit from?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: game over man
People don't stand a chance against the government...If there was an actual civil war and civilians were armed and having standoffs everywhere, they would get annihilated. The government would grossly out number them and have more advanced technology and weaponry. Drones would rip everyone to shreds. Only if a percentage of the military and national guard joined with the rioters would there be a chance.

I have news. a majority of the military would side with the people. the marines were the only ones who said they side with the gov.

Where is that little tidbit from?

possibly from the land of Narnia.

last I checked every men and women in uniform pledged allegiance to the flag, not a political party or ideals. the military protects the country and ALL of its constituents, no matter how mental they act. or are.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Ah. Maybe I need to get Narnia’s version of google then because the version I’m using doesn’t return any relevant results when I look up “marine corps says it would side with government during civil war.”

Weird.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somekindofwizard
You start by not destroying the city you live in. After this riot is finally over their city will be forever changed for the worse and that will only have a domino effect on their lives. Business that wasn't burned will leave. Destroyed business will not reopen. Anyone with the financial means to leave will do so, which means even less business. More poverty will equal less opportunity and even more crime. Good luck living in the # hole you're creating there.

Personally I say good, let'em reap the spoils of their actions. As a minority in America who's actually dealt with racism, I understand where they're coming from. Thankfully my interactions with police haven't been as bad as many in the big cities, but it wasn't all roses growing up, especially in a racist small town.

With that said, though, this is NOT a case where rioting is justified. I say that because even though what happened was terrible, not one single soul that I've seen has actually defended the cops and their actions. None. This is one of those cases were everyone seems united in cause and the cops will have their day in court.

Now, if the cops somehow get off scot-free, then by all means go this route, but not yet, it's too soon. Peaceful protests to start, riots if the police get away with it. I can't speak for everyone, we all have different viewpoints, but I now see them in just as much of a bad light as the police officers that committed the murder, especially when I saw some live video feeds with the citizens talking. It's almost like many of them were just waiting for an opportunity to go ape-#. Well, they got their opportunity, they ruined their community, and here's to hoping it doesn't bounce back from this. Why?? Because they did it to themselves. People have to learn not to do this to their own communities.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Every-time ONE cop is bad cop.. all the low life trash goes crazy and destroy everything.
There are always "bad ones" everywhere there is human involved, does not matter what line of work.

Coward.

Good Cops don't let bad Cops stay on the Force.

Good Cops don't look the ther way and shut up when crime is committed to defend the Thin Blue Line they disenfranchise it and arrest criminal Cops.

So Buddy....get real and step out of the delusion you Bullspitter.

The number of "good Cops" he has ever seen or even heard of is THE SUM TOTAL OF OFFICERS WHO HAVE ARRESTED OTHER OFFICERS FOR COMITTING CRIMES IN UNIFORM.

THIS IS ANOTHER DOMESTIC TERORRISM CATALYSED FALSE FLAG AND I HOPE THOSE INVOLVED ARE TREATED AS TRAITORS AND ARRESTED BY THE military....ITS tHE tHIN bLUE lINE MAKING DESPERATION PLAYS @ THE COMMAND OF THEIR HANDELERS.

edit on 29-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Hiring and retention isn’t really a collective thing. We don’t vote on who gets to wear a badge and who doesn’t.

The number of "good Cops" he has ever seen or even heard of is THE SUM TOTAL OF OFFICERS WHO HAVE ARRESTED OTHER OFFICERS FOR COMITTING CRIMES IN UNIFORM.

And out of uniform since y’know....that’s a thing, too.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Ah. Maybe I need to get Narnia’s version of google then because the version I’m using doesn’t return any relevant results when I look up “marine corps says it would side with government during civil war.”

Weird.

I heard the Marines will side with the people but the Space Force won't.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
When the looting starts, the shooting starts.

Finally.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I heard the universal collective is supposed to support oppressed Alien refugees from oppressed planet systems.
reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Look, I don't know about that but if Trump sends the Puddle Pirates it's game over man.

edit on 29-5-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's ok... Once a planet is proven destabilized the agreement to not interact with less advanced species is null/void.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The land of 10,000 lakes is ripe for another alto su barco moment. And with that, you had my curiosity but now you have my attention.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Hiring and retention isn’t really a collective thing. We don’t vote on who gets to wear a badge and who doesn’t.

And out of uniform since y’know....that’s a thing, too.

So why not tell the truth then and say that Upper Management is where the source of the real Graft is because every single Upper Manager knows who is naughty and who is nice.....lets begin the Witchhunt with what happens to all of the complaints against Cops right from the millisecond a complaintant steps into a Station until the issue is no onger relevant.....if a Cop broke the Law and you just walk in and file a complaint...what the hell happens after that?...How many MILLIONS of complaints are buried long before they are recognised.

Its not that hard to Understand.....you cannot be a Good Cop if you even once allow a Bad Cop to walk....this includes your Superiors....there needs to be an available Hotline to the Military for Cops NATIONWIDE who believe that Management is corrupt...their Jobs are Special and are definitely under the outreach of the American Military if even an iota of evidence or testimony points to Domestic Terrorism.

Yes,thats right......if your Boss or Supervisor is corrupt and you believe it is in any way organised you are obligated to as a Civil Servant report that directly to the Military...but you have no conduit right?.....so ask your President for one....and get to work cleaning up the workplaces you value.

You have a President who will help you....let him know you have a need....and he will work on it for you.

A young man or woman who feels the need to report anything odd or nefarious within the Command Structures....even after a month on the job....must have an external safe conduit through which to broadcast that concern to a body of power external to the Police Force......just ask your President he will help you.

edit on 29-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The land of 10,000 lakes is ripe for another alto su barco moment. And with that, you had my curiosity but now you have my attention.

I never tire of that incident. It's like Tonkin Gulf but real.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

edit on 29-5-2020 by Shamrock6 because: Dbl post somehow?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
....lets begin the Witchhunt with what happens to all of the complaints against Cops right from the millisecond a complaintant steps into a Station until the issue is no onger relevant....

I'll tell you exactly what happens since most of the people on my old man's side are LEO.

The report comes in and they go, 'LOL, some Canadian guy is pisssssssssed'. Then they laugh, roll it up into an NBA/Wuhan basketball and shoot the J into the circular file.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

but the Space Force won't.

Ah shucks!!! Doesn't the Space Force have pew pew weapons, light-sabres and Mechs'!!

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So why not tell the truth then and say that Upper Management is where the source of the real Graft is because every single Upper Manager knows who is naughty and who is nice

Without data to support it I would argue most cops pretty openly admit that issues start with senior administration and flow downhill from there.

How many MILLIONS of complaints are buried long before they are recognised.

No idea. Probably not as many as the complaints that are filed because Susie got pissed that we arrested her husband Jimbob for whaling on her for the fourth time in a month so she decides to file a complaint about how mean we are. I don’t have any data for that, either.

you cannot be a Good Cop if you even once allow a Bad Cop to walk

We all have our own case load. We can’t really walk around arresting cops subject to investigations that we have nothing to do with.

there needs to be an available Hotline to the Military

No thanks, I don’t want the military involved in civilian law enforcement. Y’know, like the Posse Comitatus Act says.

if your Boss or Supervisor is corrupt and you believe it is in any way organised you are obligated to as a Civil Servant report that directly to the Military.

Can you point me to where that’s established?

and get to work cleaning up the workplaces you value.

I have one workplace. I can’t really fly around the country “cleaning up” other agencies.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Would you say America is a country at ease with itself ?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't support mindless rioting, but a leader who'd send soldiers in against civilians is not somebody that I'd be prepared to vote for come the next election.

I'd take an incompetent leader with busy fingers and a head stuck up their own backside over one who'd send in soldiers. That's what they do in banana republics.

Time Square isn't Tienanmen Square.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join