It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thursday Night Riot Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sounds like some people are spotting national guard trucks/troops a few blocks away from the apparent "epicenter". I'd assume they will move in within the hour or so if fires keep getting started.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Lord, now they're doing fireworks. These people, most of them, are just partying. Drinking & hanging out, just to be part of something because their lives are rudderless and they want to belong to something and feel relevant.

Too bad they have to burn down their own town to feel that kind of purpose in life. Geez.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Lord, now they're doing fireworks. These people, most of them, are just partying. Drinking & hanging out, just to be part of something because their lives are rudderless and they want to belong to something and feel relevant.

Too bad they have to burn down their own town to feel that kind of purpose in life. Geez.

Also lots of shutouts and plugging of their Instagrams.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: new_here

Also lots of shutouts and plugging of their Instagrams.

Watching the live stream, the bulk of people walking by in the background have their phones out.

Probably twittin, grammin or facetiming "their" experience. I found that a bit amusing.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So things are looking pretty mellow, they lit up a few shops(liquor store) and did get the 3rd precinct to get going.

Now it seems largely like a block party for adult children, standing around a store burning while talking trash and bolstering themselves up.

I actually figured we'd see a bigger escalation than yesterday, we'll have to see what happens this weekend.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Dianne Binns, past president of the local chapter of the NACCP, went to that Target store that was looted, with the intention of buying medication for her daughter.

She was pissed off at the looting that was taking place and stated the following to a local journalist who was also at that location, "“These people don’t give a damn about George Floyd, because they took and fired the police officers, they’re gonna charge them when the investigation is over....These mother####ers need to go home.”

These rioters aren't protesting the tragic "murder" of George Floyd. They're taking advantage of this tragedy to unlawfully enrich themselves. They make the whole community look bad, who are grieving the loss of this man. This IS NOT the way to show support for the Floyd family, as they seek justice for their loss.

what you say is true, but very specific.

seems to me this is just a boiling over of what they see as systemic threats. floyd was the spark, but past treatment was the gas.

if you put yourself in their shoes, you could understand what they are doing, even if you disagree with it.

many people on this very sight express they same desires to do what they are doing now, but havent gotten that spark yet.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

So things are looking pretty mellow, they lit up a few shops(liquor store) and did get the 3rd precinct to get going.

Cops left the scene. The Fire Department won't come. It's an amazing site. I just hope the utilities have been shut off in the area.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Cops left the scene. The Fire Department won't come. It's an amazing site. I just hope the utilities have been shut off in the area.

I think they were pretty preemptive in the area. They knew buildings were going to be lit and likely(from what I heard) shut off atleast the gas. Electrical isn't an issue and since it's warm here now, gas isn't much needed.

It's smart to do that, and hope that firewalls and other structural measures minimize the spread of the fires.
edit on 29-5-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

Now it seems largely like a block party for adult children, standing around a store burning while talking trash and bolstering themselves up.

I actually figured we'd see a bigger escalation than yesterday, we'll have to see what happens this weekend.

Well the one good thing i see from the people there is that they havent turned on each other yet and their is
unity among the different races their. Also both white and black peolple interviewed have acknowledged the unity as a positive.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

Well the one good thing i see from the people there is that they havent turned on each other yet and their is
unity among the different races their. Also both white and black peolple interviewed have acknowledged the unity as a positive.

Sure, largely, as it appears. But it's a mob of people with violent members that have been abandoned by emergency services.

I have no doubt there is some violence taking place, both physical and sexual, but I don't expect to see any of that reported or focused on.

An unruly mob is NOT a safe haven from crime.
edit on 29-5-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

This is coming from the same news station according to Twitter that was busted for adding in fake gun sounds to their report.

Twitter

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Guy talking about setting more fires, says we have a lot more to set, then mentions fort snelling.

Weekend is going to be a long one.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Possible National Guard grouping up.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why doesn't the governor have national guard reinforcing the local police?

I'm not sure at this point that these are any worse than the riots in St. Louis our Baltimore that we've seen the last decade. However, neither of this had a police precinct burned to the ground by rioters.

The last time Federal troops were used to restore civil order was the LA riots. Does this die down over night, or continue to escalate.?

edit on 29-5-2020 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DukeMisterio
Possible National Guard grouping up.

twitter.com...

The guard will end this.

I really don't think it will end in much actual physical conflict, but it will be a stark contrast from "clear" zones left to riot vs a few thousand troops and machinery flooding the streets.

I think at this rate, it will result in that, but I think it's better to do it preemptively(during the day, prior to the mass gatherings) than coming in later in the day and pushing people out.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

They evacuated in a hurry.

bringmethenews.com...

The Minneapolis Police 3rd Precinct has been overrun by rioters amid wider protests over the death of George Floyd.
Police have issued a message via scanners saying the building on Lake Street "has been compromised," with officers being evacuated. After that message, they issued a formal statement on the situation. 
"Shortly after 10:00 pm tonight, in the interest of the safety of our personnel, the Minneapolis Police Department evacuated the 3 Precinct of its staff," the statement reads. "Protesters forcibly entered the building and have ignited several fires."

The 3rd is where the 4 cops worked.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Looks like for now the Guard is there to protect the fire department and not much more.

"A key objective is to ensure fire departments are able to respond to calls," the Guard said. 

bringmethenews.com...

edit on 29-5-2020 by Identified because: Link

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
Why doesn't the governor have national guard reinforcing the local police?

I'm not sure at this point that these are any worse than the riots in St. Louis our Baltimore that we've seen the last decade. However, neither of this had a police precinct burned to the ground by rioters.

The last time Federal troops were used to restore civil order was the LA riots. Does this die down over night, or continue to escalate.?

I think they are waiting and hoping for it to die down. But I think if they are going to use the troops, they need to do it prior to people gathering during the day, too late tonight and maybe they'll see how tomorrow goes. If there is a huge uptick over the weekend(friday or saturday), then I'm pretty sure that one morning the twin cities will wake up with quasi martial law and thousands of NG all over the streets. If only in an attempt to prevent any mass gatherings from forming into potential further riots.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Someone interviewed said a kid got trapped and killed inside the liquor store fire. He said they tried to get him out but couldn't

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Someone interviewed said a kid got trapped and killed inside the liquor store fire. He said they tried to get him out but couldn't

Sad, but inevitable if that actually happened.

Unfortunately I don't know if that will get reported or not, because the media wants to not project a negative light on the rioters(much like I assume any other assaults won't get reported).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join