It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This really upsets me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I doubt they *want* that.

Neither do you or I.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just put this in another thread.

"There is no more NEWS. It is all entertainment and propaganda. They sell more commercials that way. Leading the followers to the desired results infomercialy."

They play to the week and easily controlled. Unfortunitally that is over half the public.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Gnawledge

7,700 Black people murdered last year. 97% of them was murdered by another Black person.

Sure the White on Black murders are horrible, but Jesus... there are far more funerals and grieving relatives due to Black on Black murders.

We have to keep things in perspective.

No. Police are trained. Black on black, thugs...not the same. Not even close.

ETA: the guy wrote a bad check ffs.
edit on 5282020 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

link   

I know how you feel. A long time ago as the riots raged in LA there was a group of guys in Jacksonville Florida that told me they wanted to go raise cane as well over the Rodney King Verdict. And I will say that you have to research deep, but there were minor “riots” in other cities, but Jacksonville wasn’t one.

I explained that there was more to the story that we didn’t see. And Jacksonville had more Federal level LEO’s than any small group could handle. Because they sure as # came into our restaurant when other unrelated things happened. I had been interviewed by FBI, NIS and Secret Service over different things. So that convinced the guys to hold up and look around first.

And it wasn’t long after the news finally showed the whole video of the other passengers that got out and complied and was treated fairly well. Only Rodney King himself resisted. They had the whole video, but only showed what they wanted to frame as the story.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I'm as pissed as the OP. Covid shutdowns are enough, I don't need this sh!t.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Burning cars are far more interesting than panties duct taped to people’s faces as they quake in fear of something that they won’t catch if they stay at home.

But you know...it kicked off a riot in Columbus, Ohio that has already had pepper spray fired into the crowd...so there is that.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Whelp, I know you don't put much stock in media pundits, but at the very least, Tucker Carlson agrees with you.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think it's akin to clickbait, they want the views, and that equals $$, I don't want to think they really want it to implode. It's greed..and they can't help themselves.

I'm glad I don't watch the news anymore, get it here, or local radio.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dream on. The police have ceded the precinct and they've breached the doors. Now they're flooding inside and trying to set the place on fire.

Way to go! The US now has its very own no-go zones.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Meanwhile on the other side of the planet, people are probably getting their heads bashed in Hong Kong by the Popo.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

7,700 Black people murdered last year. 97% of them was murdered by another Black person.

Sure the White on Black murders are horrible, but Jesus... there are far more funerals and grieving relatives due to Black on Black murders.

Black Leaders are not as angry, and media as "concerned" over the 97% Black-on-Black, as they are when the 3% happens.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Black Leaders are not as angry, and media as "concerned" over the 97% Black-on-Black, as they are when the 3% happens.

It doesn't matter.

The facts on the ground are easy to see. A white cop murdered a black citizen. I don't care what the media says. The facts are those. "Black leaders"...don't exist....just facts.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nobody wants to talk about it. Not the media, politicians, celebrities, religions, anti-gun activists or black people for that matter. For every black person killed by a cop there are thousands of black people killed by black people, black people killing white people and cops. Rare incidents like this are never going to stop. There will always be some bad cops because there are bad people in every organization. It's a tragedy but the biggest tragedy of them all can't be discussed. Black gun violence is beyond excessive. It's fully out of control. Fix that and we just solved most of our gun violence. Police brutality would almost vanish.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
thing is though, bear with me here, it IS upsetting and you should be upset!

like seriously, what is this thread? you're cranky because you don't want to think about the injustice out in the world?
no one's making you watch it. turn yr tv off, hide under a pillow.
thing is it's real, and people are upset about it, and it's going to be talked about.
if showing what is happening is gonna get the people enflamed then enflame away.
what's your other option? pretend it's not happening, put on a reality tv rerun? would you prefer that?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

You're being pedantic, and I'm being kind.

This is about the dichotomy of ALL media who displays the videos over and over again while calling for calm.

Think a little.

It might hurt at first but I know you can do it.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
Moreover, if there was not a video, nobody would know it happened. It would be just another hidden murder. Former Presidential candidate, Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-Minnesota) let several police officers off-the-hook for acts similar to this, including the officer who committed this murder.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Why? Because they tell me to be upset?

I'll be upset if the process plays out and no one serves time, but until then, I'll keep my powder dry.

Anger is a toxic emotion that robs one of reason.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I havnt seen him die even once

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

That's it. Everyone knows...and here we are. Why isn't Chauvin in jail?

Because he's a cop and we have policies. And these policies take time.

Is it B.S.? Yes. Yes, it is. So people riot and destroy stuff and take advantage.

Who's fault is this? Lawmakers. Policy-makers. The ones so far removed from everyday life and that have no stake in real world change, so nothing real ever happens.

He is also a citizen with rights and one that works for a union... I don't think people really understand that firing all four on the spot was huge. So big it basically means serious legal actions are coming down hard on them.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Media is blowing this up.

There is a bad cop that did this, the other cops did nothing to stop him, they probably know not to challenge that cop because he could ruin their life. That cop needs to go to trial and be put in jail, but the other cops should be fired unless there is evidence that they personally contributed to the act. If you guys have ever known a guy like that cop with his knee on the black guys neck, you know it never works to challenge a guy like that.

He should have been fired years ago since there were so many complaints against him, most cops will not squeel on another cop....kind of a got your back approach, but sometimes dangerous cops exploit that a lot.

That cop had him under control, keeping his knee on his neck probably cut bloodflow from the brain, causing the guy to pass out and die, since he could talk, it means he could somewhat breath, but cutting off blood flow for that long could kill a person even if they could breathe. His knee is where the artery goes to the brain.

Yes, the media keeps stirring people up against the police and is adding fuel to the riots. No way does this event justify the robbing of stores and burning that is going on. That is not a demonstration, it is a mob. The people who are blowing this up are doing it to create chaos, not to stop an injustice.

I say that the media is causing a lot of problems in this country and we have to start holding them liable when they cause harm to the american people. Yes, us seeing and hearing about this crime is necessary, but they do not have to create riots either, focus the cameras on the black people who want justice and a peaceful solution. One guy in government was saying this is not one incident, it is the anger of hundreds of years of built up anger. First of all, we have improved a lot over the last two hundred years, and there is no justification for these people destroying stores, there were white people in there looting too, not just blacks. We can not justify this chaotic civil unrest by the incident in hand. There are bad cops out there, also a lot of good cops. Peaceful demonstrations are legal and have their place, what I saw is nothing other than terrorist activity and people stealing and destroying, two wrongs never make a right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join