It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Of The Costs Of Covid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Millions of gallons of fresh water will be wasted this summer in sprinklers and temporary pools because cities are not opening public pools. Hundreds of thousands of pounds of greenhouse gases from burning fossil fuels to generate electricity for Air Conditioners for the same reason.

Car pooling efforts are abandoned in order to social distance, increasing demand for gasoline. Driving the price higher in competition of limited incomes of the non-essentials with food and housing...soon to come, utility bill debts.

Stray dogs spreading disease and chaos as animal control refuses to engage animal calls to avoid the Covid.

Social interaction between believers and non-believers of the official line. Friendships ruined. Family relations strained.

Please add to the list of how all these important matters are okay to ignore for the Covid...because we are all in this together and only you can stop the spread or something.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Does chlorine kill Covid-19? Why yes, it does. Does UV light kill Covid-19? Why yes, yes it does.

Hm.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Child abuse has increased many fold, children are going
hungry. Programs set to help have been delayed.

A years worth of suicides in just a few months.
Thousands more to come.

www.seattletimes.com...

The experts know this, they were well aware of what they
were doing and the consequences. Planned event in progress....

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Millions of gallons of fresh water will be wasted this summer in sprinklers and temporary pools because cities are not opening public pools. Hundreds of thousands of pounds of greenhouse gases from burning fossil fuels to generate electricity for Air Conditioners for the same reason.

Think of all the millions of gallons of water not wasted changing the water in public pools.

Think of all the greenhouse gases saved while closed businesses and offices don't use air conditioning.

Statistics are statistically manipulative.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
Wow. If only we'd had a pandemic response team when this all started.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Cheer up there!

Once my new covid mask idea takes off no one will be afraid of death by covid anymore.

Penetrate that, virus!

edit on 28-5-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I had a meeting with a VP of a hospital chain yesterday.

A Veep.

Afterwards, we shook hands.

People want to return to normal. They are rejecting the "new normal".

I went to a garage sale last weekend, even wrote a thread on it.

Most normal people (not the Doomers. . . . Okay Doomer!) just want normal.

They aren't buying into the social distancing, the masks, the isolation.

I have several department heads regularly visit my office because i have a "Don't give a sh#t" zone where you're okay if you don't wear a mask.

I want normal.

Not that I'm normal to begin with, but I like to pretend.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The water would be used in the city pools or as you described anyway.

The air conditioners use less power by not being turned off. In an office, it taker 30% more electricity to turn them off at night when no one is there. This is because they struggle to get the temperature of the air and furnishings back to the desired level when turned back on. Running much longer than they would have over night to maintain the temperature.

With more people working form home there is less need for carpools. The essentials are being gathered as needed as they always have been.

Dogs tend to stay under shade trees in the heat reducing their travel.

The maskers and the anti-maskers can’t be helped. People are different.

So, what exactly is your point?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Wow. If only we'd had a pandemic response team when this all started.

Dr. Fauci has been at this for decades, he knew what he was doing.
All of his double speak has cost thousands of lives, but he was
the expert, working hand in hand with Bill Gates.

Did I mention homelessness as a cost of Covid?
There is a tsunami of evictions coming.

sf.curbed.com...

Hundreds of thousands will be evicted, some of them
will become homeless. The homeless are very susceptible
to Covid, more deaths. More overdoses, more suicides.

But the experts knew this, they study this for a living.

Hmmmm

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
How many youth sports leagues and summer camp programs are getting canceled?

I know that sounds light compared to some of the rest of the things listed, but for some kids, the character building and social development that goes on in those programs is very important when taken against their family situations.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Please add to the list of how all these important matters are okay to ignore for the Covid...because we are all in this together and only you can stop the spread or something.

Paper money/coinage is not being sterilized during transactions. Mask wearing causes oxygen intake variables. Are you breathing in your own CO2 exhaust fumes; are you breathing in a proper amount of oxygen to keep your organs functioning? What is the health cost of prolonged impaired (by 40%) oxygen levels on the body?
edit on 28-5-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Paper money/coinage is not being sterilized during transactions. Mask wearing causes oxygen intake variables. Are you breathing in your own CO2 exhaust fumes; are you breathing in a proper amount of oxygen to keep your organs functioning? What is the health cost of prolonged impaired (by 40%) oxygen levels on the body?

That's a good point, how are our nurses and EMTs going to be when the restrictions are removed? Providing they are removed at some point. Their health is going to be severely degraded if that's the case.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Wait until people go back to work and realize they cant get the product they're supposed to be selling for about 3 or 4 months.

We dramatically stopped producing around the world and didn't go into conservation mode. Property value makes it possible to only store so much of something for so long while being profitable.

The realization of consequences most will only learn of when everyone returns to their "new normal".

Loss of jobs, wages, retirements, higher taxes, higher product prices, dollar rationing, tourism towns around the world defunct, loss of social programs around the world, reduced healthcare with higher pricing.

It's about to get ugly out there.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Call them for their BS and they talk around it to justify the last East marching orders. I never bought the gods and cogs thing until now watching the obedient, the unquestioning, the...well, quite frankly, weak.

There will be changes from the Covid.

I figured plenty of people would want to telecommute...nope. Despite people fighting for it for years and companies being steadfast against it. Done in an instant overnight and people couldn’t handle it. I figured people would invest some of their free time learning new skills...nope. Personally I have been learning map making in GIMP for writing D&D modules. Not a business opportunity per se, just goal oriented skill set building.

Lots of keyboard warriors making all kinds of radical claims without the fortitude to see them through. Which really isn’t a change either, but with Covid it is okay to not have conviction because freedom is selfish...and there is your change...one of them anyway.

I would love a return to an Americana attitude...it seems the Covid targets the ones old enough to remember it most of all though, leaving the mentally weak untouched and cowering. Snapping to attention of the wrong ones that will leave them in ruin for their own machinations of greatness...see the governors of Michigan, Ohio, NY, CA, IL...etc.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How many of those kids will not have scholarships to colleges later in life because fundamentals and teamwork were lost now?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

All those in hospitals, nursing homes, rehab centers who are isolated, cannot have visitors.
Those who live alone, often older citizens.....with relatives who cannot or will not brave the lockdowns.
They must be terribly alone, lonely, needing the physical presence of love ones.

A terrible thing we've done to them.
A huge cost.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

For those that don’t know, staff cannot give other staff members applause. This is one of those times...

The anguish of those suffering alone, not only from the Covid, but other diseases/complications/conditions that have been shuttered away. Left to live or die on their own with no friends nor family nearby absolutely have it the worst. People that claim they hate Trump would be bowed kissing his feet if I was in his place. These #hole governors would be getting a little something that would make rendition look pretty darn good in comparison for what they have done. Especially to those that are incapable of understanding what happened to everyone.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

How many of those kids will not have scholarships to colleges later in life because fundamentals and teamwork were lost now?

The ones who are destined for college aren't going to be hurt that badly. They'll either find ways to keep training in some capacity because they are that motivated or they're in sports where the skill development lost won't be as much of a ding when measured against their raw athleticism.

The ones most hurt would be the ones looking at trying to make that last push in their senior campaigns for a low level shot like a walk-on opportunity or the next level above. They're marginal and on the bubble, but they were always going to be that way.

There is going to be an across the board drop in play level unless they get back into practicing soon though in all sports. I'm a bit worried about what my son's sparring is going to be like. I can't work with him on drills. I don't know enough and my shoulder is bad, and they aren't doing contact drilling in pads at practice for obvious reasons, and no one knows exactly when that will resume. He was just starting to really get it figured out when all this craziness happened.
edit on 28-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Dayton, Ohio had some pretty devastating tornados last year on Memorial Day that pretty much ended school early for many districts. This year it is Covid. Next year is still up in the air but two days in school and three days online seems to be the push, with sports on the chopping block across the board, especially football and basketball due to level of contact.

What of the musicians, actors, artists, woodshop, etc? What of the kids that are future scientists, writers, mathematicians, etc? Sports isn’t everything, but it isn’t the only thing that needs daily activity to become better.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Think about this....www.bmj.com...

Lots of people are pushing this fear to profit from their investments. I would like to find out what the Newspaper execs are invested in, remember, they find the leakers and whistleblowers and know what could happen if people are led to believe something bad is in the future.

It is not just people at the top of our government agencies that are corrupt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join