It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Remains Locked Down....and Now Whitmer Wants a Bail Out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Big cuts coming if feds don’t bail out Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer says

Yep, keep the businesses shackled so they cannot operate and generate income and pay taxes.
But you want the Trump administration to bail you out?

Free the Businesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked several questions about how the state would handle a massive budget shortfall should no federal funding become available, Whitmer wouldn’t say specifically and returned repeatedly to her call for more federal help.

However, it would likely hit fundamental government services such as education, public safety and health care.

Businesses are sinking further and further towards failing....and nothing is done, their please are not heard.
‘Unusual situation’ pushes 50-year bookstore owner to make survival decisions

Here's the CEO of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce.
Q&A with Rich Studley: Michigan hurt by ‘arbitrary’ coronavirus shutdown

A serious flaw … was her refusal to use federal CISA standards that 20 out of 26 governors in other states used to determine who was a critical infrastructure worker who could continue to work. Most other states did not completely shut down; since then, the governor has continued to pursue very stringent, very onerous requirements that are unlike those used in other states.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What she going to cut ROAD REPAIRS??? HAHAHAHAHAH!

Cut dam inspections and what else. How about get rid of half the people working from home that aren't doing anything.

HAHAHAH

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The true definition of a narcissist. Any attention, even the negative kind — is positive publicity.

When is this going to explode in her face?

I hope Michiganders rise up.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I dont believe ANYTHING that's tax funded should be given a dime extra. If the state has no money to fund social programs, oh well so sad. Buh bye!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Wait until people start to leave Michigan....again....for greener pastures.
Remember a few years back when tradesmen left to find work?
And why operate a business in Michigan if other states look for favorably towards business????

Cut off nose to spite face.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sure. Trump should Fed Ex her a set of bootstraps and say “Here you go...”

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Coffee shop down the street was open for walk in and somebody complained.

They opened with curbside service pull up someone would walk out with your coffee

Today they are barricades blocking the former parking spots from people lining up to get their coffee. Only place in town.

Neighbor just told me 2 guys in a truck stopped loaded the barricades in and drove away in less than a minute.

Going for a walk to have a look.

Time to move on.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

She also has a list of goodies to help out , the problem is there is no money to pay for it . She wants a Federal bailout with no strings attached so she can spend on what she wants . God help the state of Michigan

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Everythings all good till the money dries up, now shes either gotta make cuts or go to Big Daddy Trump and his fistful of $ 😘

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

She also has a list of goodies to help out , the problem is there is no money to pay for it . She wants a Federal bailout with no strings attached so she can spend on what she wants . God help the state of Michigan

Oh, is the payment for their boat slip due?
edit on 28-5-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
What she going to cut ROAD REPAIRS??? HAHAHAHAHAH!

Cut dam inspections and what else. How about get rid of half the people working from home that aren't doing anything.

HAHAHAH

The #ing roads have been a disaster here the entire 38 years I have been driving, the worst in the country.
So I can’t really blame this idiot for that entire time.
As soon as you cross over into Ohio or Indiana, they are smooth as glass though....never really tried to figure out what they do differently.
Could you imagine Dim Whitmer as Biden’s VP?
She is as clueless as he is.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Full Punishment for every Citizen !!!!!!

The entire population will be held hostage for big ransom !!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

How about low-bid corruption?
They fix the roads and all too often they begin to corrode the first winter.
Can't blame it all on salt and cold weather.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

She wants a bailout because she's scared that Michigan's unemployment fund is running out of money to pay the 1 million people in the state who've been out of work. If she thought the last protest was bad, wait until people stop getting their unemployment checks. Desperate people who feel they have no option, will do desperate things. This wicked woman is going to feel the heat in a big way very soon.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Everythings all good till the money dries up, now shes either gotta make cuts or go to Big Daddy Trump and his fistful of $ 😘

Meme time!

Pic of Trump looking down at Whitmer saying, "Call me Daddy.". lulz

I honestly think that is what a few of these governors are doing. To hell with the people and their livelyhoods, let's burn the place down and steal as much federal money as possible.

They sure as hell are not using it in a beneficial way for the people of their states.
edit on 28-5-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: mikell

Wait until people start to leave Michigan....again....for greener pastures.
Remember a few years back when tradesmen left to find work?
And why operate a business in Michigan if other states look for favorably towards business????

Cut off nose to spite face.

As I said in a different thread, I was working for a school district at that time and there were thousands of students dropping from the roles every year for several years because their families had to move out of state for work. A lot of our teachers moved to Texas and Florida where they were screaming for teachers at the time. When the roles decrease, funding decreases, the operating budgets drop, teachers and staff get laid off, class sizes increase, it's not a pretty picture.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Heh, has no one yet explained to her that it's real hard to use tax money to bail out a state when everyone is feeling a tax shortfall as this is what happens when you shut down and entire freakin' economy?

No one has money for themselves, let alone their selfish, entitled neighbor.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Can I say BOO HOO HOO for Queen Gretchen?

With apologies and consideration for Michiganders of every stripe, I hope that things get so bad there that they drag the witch (with a capital B) out into the streets and tar and feather her.
:
edit on 2020 5 28 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Out Whitmered again. If theres no money, she cant fix the damn roads. Perfect ploy for re-election.

She is going to cause a mass exodus of the population. Theres already a fairly large tradesman shortage due to the last one.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Our company is cutting permanently about 20% of the workforce because they have found working from home some work some don't.

Thats 2000 people gone in a town of less than 20,000

it's going to hurt

Thee rest of us get more $$ and OT..

Funny world

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join