It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs social media executive order

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I can pick which Disney movies I wanna watch or news program. im stuck using Google, no other real option but YouTube and Twitter has a monopoly.

Guess I'll use.... Bing?

link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

You want the government to be able to tell Google how to design their algorithms?

How do you intend to let the government verify each and every post and each and every deletion?

Just from a practical consideration?

link   

If a government takeover got us a good Star Wars film, house that mouse.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Government control (by whichever goddamn party) over freedom of expression is good news?

Already exists, you know that. Please do not pretend otherwise.

Tired of the hypocrisy on display, please don't even bother.

But let me guess, your ok with being ordered to be under
virtual house arrest and the big Gov business closures, right?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You want the government to be able to tell Google how to design their algorithms?

How do you intend to let the government verify each and every post and each and every deletion?

Just from a practical consideration?

I'm not really sure but I know Google is a progressive tool that controls the speech of others. A very very powerful tool

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I really don't understand the confusion surrounding this...a platform hosts other peoples content and is therefore not liable for what is posted. But when they inject their own opinion into that content, they become a publisher and consequently are liable for content. Seems very straightforward to me.

So, when ATS removes a post and leaves behind an admin note that the post was removed for political trolling, that means that ATS is now a publisher and legally liable for what you and I post? I can sue ATS because you offended me?

Did you accept the TOS when you joined?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I can pick which Disney movies I wanna watch or news program. im stuck using Google, no other real option but YouTube and Twitter has a monopoly.

Guess I'll use.... Bing?

Sounds like you’re required to use Google, Twitter and Youtube? I see that Zukerburg’s ask-kissing has paid off and Facebook is suddenly not censoring ... is that right?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You know that extremely profound fact to be true? How? Where’s the evidence?

Where did you get that belief ... that’s what would concern me.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I really don't understand the confusion surrounding this...a platform hosts other peoples content and is therefore not liable for what is posted. But when they inject their own opinion into that content, they become a publisher and consequently are liable for content. Seems very straightforward to me.

So, when ATS removes a post and leaves behind an admin note that the post was removed for political trolling, that means that ATS is now a publisher and legally liable for what you and I post? I can sue ATS because you offended me?

Did Donald Trump accept the TOS when he joined Twitter?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

If a government takeover got us a good Star Wars film, house that mouse.

What was the line ... “so this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.”

Wish I could remember where that came from.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I imagine he did. Does it say in Twitter's TOS that if we don't like your opinion, we'll fact check it with someone else's opinion?

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think you have to be compos mentis to actually agree to a contract.

2nd

link   

They have numerous examples of censorship and they're headquartered in silicon Valley. Are you really trying to argue Twitter and Google doesn't sway progressive far left?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

They have numerous examples of censorship and they're headquartered in silicon Valley. Are you really trying to argue Twitter and Google doesn't sway progressive far left?

LOL ...

So, no evidence for your claim then. So it’s your opinion. Fair enough.

I think that all aspects of our culture ... media, political, financial, academic, and most of the scientific are the a greater extent the tools of ... whatever you want to call it ... the hyper elite, the TPTB, etc.

I think that right and left are convenient control measures.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

*shrug*

Liberty got shot in the face when Disney, Activision/Blizzard, the NBA and numerous other American corporations let the CCP dictate what can and should be said about Hong Kong, or decide what "content" is appropriate for Captain America: The Winter Soldier (super gross. Captain "America"). These companies pander to our values by preaching inclusivity and then delete their gay characters (representation is IMPORTANT gais, don't be such a hater!!111) for the Asian market.

Are they with us or against us and how dare they lecture us about values?

No, I don't think hypercorporate multinationals should be given a pass when they take their marching orders from scum like the CCP. They should -- at the very least -- be made fun of continuously and relentlessly.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I imagine he did. Does it say in Twitter's TOS that if we don't like your opinion, we'll fact check it with someone else's opinion?

It probably says something like "we reserve the right to whatever the # we want"

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I’ve never gotten the thing about getting “lecturing” or the alleged morals of companies or political parties.

Lecturing someone on morals is always manipulation, great or small.

The media is the biggest manipulator on earth after religions and the politicians.

I thought we were still operating under the assumption that the Constitution matters. I will admit, as we’ve just seen, it doesn’t.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Should they also start burning books, too?

What happened to the right of free speech?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Twitter did nothing but fact check his claim and Trump flipped his lid , government control or influence over freedom of expression on the internet is a bad thing and nothing to be celebrated.
a reply to: gortex

what are you talking about twitter denied him his own freedom of expression.

They didn't. Everything he wrote is still there for everyone to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join