It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs social media executive order

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Disney in particular is already under the control of the Chinese government. That would be too many cooks in the kitchen.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Sounds like a dangerous game

They also control most on line transactions, like paypal... So what do we do, are these the new form of monopolies? Its like uncharted territory where everyone they want can have access and as long as people say what they want to say.

It is so funny how the left complained so long about AM radio and worked hard to control/limit the "Republicans" on it and that is like nothing compared to what social media represents.

They don't mind Twitter Google and YouTube being far left tools to achieve their goals.

I can't really blame them it's really effective

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Worried about social media and we gots a lock the land and FIRE Everybodydemic...

a reply to: trollz
Interesting interest levels😶

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Think ahead just a bit. This is absurd.

If anything is done I would rather see them forced to not regulate, protect them as a third party but let anyone say what they want within the letter of the law. Let the Alex Jones' of the world have at it. The problem right now is the liberal Alex Jones' get a buy in all this as they maybe are as bad, but its OK since they are liberal.

I also watch Joe Rogan who said that someone like OJ can have his show say what he wants but if Rogan said Caitlyn Jenner looks hot in a slight derogatory way he could be banned for life, and there is wrong in that too on many levels.

edit on 28-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Any ideas on how to make up for the global jobs being lost and that are lost?

Wonders are some really this mesmerized...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

If anything is done I would rather see them forced to not regulate, protect them as a third party but let anyone say what they want within the letter of the law.

It’s not within the letter of the law to publish false statements.

That’s usually called fraud.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Anybody realizing what impacts this has on future generations GLOBALLY?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So ... some of you want to see Disney, TImeWarner, NewsCorp and the others (you know, the Big Six? be subjected to greater government regulation and control?

Who's going to make those laws? The Democrats if they take back the Senate? What about the next Democratic President? Gosh, I wonder if they'll have any political axes to grind.

Where does it stop? How about local newspapers and blogs. Should DOJ chase them down as well to regulate them according to the wishes of whoever sits in the White House or controls Congress?

Those big news companies can say and do whatever they want but Google and Twitter can censor and change the information you see and silence the ones they seem hateful or racist or fact check them to totally discredit information.

They've been doing this forever while I may not agree with Trump doing an executive order maybe now it opens a narrative on how dangerous one company having so much control over information and speech.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Naww we stuck in unaware mode Control mode who cares about professional leadership mode.
You were sent enlightenment to be able to see and fight the forces with strong consciousness with foundations based on LOVE. Many ignored the classes they sent and now look at humanity.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Now many have conscious foundations based on hate...

We failing-

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Disney in particular is already under the control of the Chinese government. That would be too many cooks in the kitchen.

It’s okay to take away Constitutional rights of American companies that have foreign investors?

Let’s go with we’ll just keep the government out of determining proper and improper communications as much as possible.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If humanity fails those who will smile could care less about a apes racial division thinking. They just see the planet of the apes has been destabilized...

ALL RACES LOSE
edit on 5/28/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It’s not within the letter of the law to publish false statements.

That’s usually called fraud.

Well actually it is not fruad...might be lying, or incorrect, but not fraud...you need to look up what triggers fraud and not assume it can be used as a label.

In law, fraud is intentional deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

wHy So SeRiOuS?

I'm simply pointing out that Disney isn't big enough to let two superpowers control whether or not gay characters appear in the Chinese version of their films.

link   
When your behavior is that of a public utility let's put all our cards face up on the table. I know that's impossible since lying in layers and closed loops is key to the survival of the power structure. We can't even decide on the definitions of the words to be used in any debate or conversation.

link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Coz it doesn't have to be how it is and the direction it's pointing...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Anybody realizing what impacts this has on future generations GLOBALLY?

What are you talking about? Trump's executive order would only last to the end of his Presidency... The next President can kill it with a pen too.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If you gotta ask what I am talking about no need to ask as I feel you are intelligent enough to know what I am saying.

a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

This is good news!

Government control (by whichever goddamn party) over freedom of expression is good news?

Hang on... I'm still on page 1, so you may be an anomaly... I'll peek ahead...

... Wow, this is depressing beyond belief.

Shall we switch from "Deny Ignorance" to "Deny Expression"?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join